Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Sabres Oct. 9th (in Korea, 8th here in NA) - HOCKEY IS BACK!!! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I took stone first overall in my draft, none of you have commitment like I do.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Nope it's going right over my head. Must be an inside bit about that date I missed in some movie or other thread? Can you splain it to me Blucy?

OP may have just slipped up but as it happens it really will be on the 9th for all of Europe and Asia and Africa and Oceania

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Nope it's going right over my head. Must be an inside bit about that date I missed in some movie or other thread? Can you splain it to me Blucy?

OP may have just slipped up but as it happens it really will be on the 9th for all of Europe and Asia and Africa and Oceania

For example, you're probably sleeping right now, but I'm almost done work. I'm looking forward to watching the Sens game bright and early on a holiday Friday, October 9th at 8am(?).

Last edited:

freddy61

Selfie
Jun 6, 2013
Up a tree
With the font size and screen size I'm using the top line in the title on the Sens main page shows "Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Sabres Oct. 9th" I didn't get past that line when I originally clicked on the link for page 2 (last at the time) so I believed the game was Friday based on the calendar. A few minutes later I thought wait a minute something doesn't match I'm sure the game is on Thursday so I went back and saw this Korea stuff and was wondering if I missed some kind of subtle Kim Jon whatever his name is joke.

I find the title misleading at 1st glance for no real reason when it could easily be corrected. At least it's not the GDT. Anyway mystery solved. If it's only a typo it's a weird fix.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
With the font size and screen size I'm using the top line in the title on the Sens main page shows "Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Sabres Oct. 9th" I didn't get past that line when I originally clicked on the link for page 2 (last at the time) so I believed the game was Friday based on the calendar. A few minutes later I thought wait a minute something doesn't match I'm sure the game is on Thursday so I went back and saw this Korea stuff and was wondering if I missed some kind of subtle Kim Jon whatever his name is joke.

I find the title misleading at 1st glance for no real reason when it could easily be corrected. At least it's not the GDT. Anyway mystery solved. If it's only a typo it's a weird fix.

Sorry about that. It was a mistake on my part. I was going to fix it, but a mod already changed it to what it says now. So i decided to just leave it as it is.

freddy61

Selfie
Jun 6, 2013
Up a tree
Sorry about that. It was a mistake on my part. I was going to fix it, but a mod already changed it to what it says now. So i decided to just leave it as it is.
No sweat. The initial date confusion was partly mine for not reading the whole thing but the Korea part still puzzled me. It seems that it may be just a playful time zone fix by the mod who corrected it but I thought there might be a deeper meaning that escaped me.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
No sweat. The initial date confusion was partly mine for not reading the whole thing but the Korea part still puzzled me. It seems that it may be just a playful time zone fix by the mod who corrected it but I thought there might be a deeper meaning that escaped me.

I mentioned that it was perfect for me, being on Korean time and that I hope future posters will follow this lead. The mod who changed the title (DUD?) played along. No more to the joke than that.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I mentioned that it was perfect for me, being on Korean time and that I hope future posters will follow this lead. The mod who changed the title (DUD?) played along. No more to the joke than that.

Good explanation. Crisp, clear delivery. But it was not actually me with the initial playful change.

The mysteries of life :sarcasm:

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON

I guess I don't get Korean humour

freddy61

Selfie
Jun 6, 2013
Up a tree
I guess I don't get Korean humour
I don't get it either. I hear North is funnier than South but it's short lived!

On another note I caught a very short bit of Lloyd and White who were watching the Sens practice this AM and it seems MacArthur was there. Who got bumped? Does anyone know how the rush lines and D pairs were set up?

dasboot

Jajajaja
Sep 12, 2010
Driving down for the game, pumped as ****. Look for me on TV as I'll be the loudest person in the arena with my embarrassed girlfriend.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Driving down for the game, pumped as ****. Look for me on TV as I'll be the loudest person in the arena with my embarrassed girlfriend.

The good news for baseball fans is that the Jays game will be over by the time this game starts. :)

Back on topic though, I wonder how badly this forum melts down if Lehner gets a shutout. :naughty:

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I couldn't trade for him in my league - Tyler Johnson for him straight up and the guy didn't budge...not even sure Getzlaf would work.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Getzlaf would definitely work unless the guy you're dealing with is kinda dumb. :laugh:

As dumb as I would be to offer him? :laugh:

He said he is a big Senators fan (don't know the guy) so he may well be reading this and knowing I am talking about him but he admitted he is over-valuing Stone...I get it, Stone is the only Senator on his team.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

The info in that article seems outdated, as it says he was not on the ice "hier matin", which could mean it's talking about yesterday's practice since Mac DID practice THIS morning.

It also says they're still not clear on whether it's a concussion or not, but this was addressed by Clarke himself today and he said he does not have one, and feels pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad