Rumor: Sens rumor Heard on "The Power Play" with Steve Kouleas

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
And as an experienced agent who has his clients best interest in mind, do you really see ANY of them recommending the Melnyk owned Senators? Most players don't have the talent and backing that Tkachuk does, if a player can hold out to force a trade it's him. No other team would question his character if it was about leaving the Sens specifically. The org was a disaster before this pandemic and will be an even bigger disaster after if Melnyk keeps hanging on for deal life.
If Brady gets his money he will sign, if not he will go. It’s really all about the money.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
The richest team in the league only signed their top player for 5 years. Every player is different

That's because the richest teams in the league are an attractive destination for many players. The teams actually have leverage during negotiations. The Senators have to overpay to bring people over (look at Hainsey) or to keep them.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
And as an experienced agent who has his clients best interest in mind, do you really see ANY of them recommending the Melnyk owned Senators? Most players don't have the talent and backing that Tkachuk does, if a player can hold out to force a trade it's him. No other team would question his character if it was about leaving the Sens specifically. The org was a disaster before this pandemic and will be an even bigger disaster after if Melnyk keeps hanging on for deal life.
Chabot is a better player and he and his agent had no issues with it. I think people are looking into things too much. I have zero worries about Tkachuk, personally.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
Chabot is a better player and he and his agent had no issues with it. I think people are looking into things too much. I have zero worries about Tkachuk, personally.
I unfortunately do... I have ZERO faith in this organization. I wish I could be more optimistic!

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
That's because the richest teams in the league are an attractive destination for many players. The teams actually have leverage during negotiations. The Senators have to overpay to bring people over (look at Hainsey) or to keep them.
What? Do you even understand what I said? Read it again. I said the richest team in the league, Toronto, was only able to sign Matthews for 5 years compared to the max. So yeah I think is signing Chabot to 8 years was deservedly celebrated.

Reactions: GCK

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
We may be back to full attendance by next summer. No saying what it will look like by then. Montreal, TO and NYR have no issues going about there business as usual right now.
Montreal’s coaches and GM took paycuts so their other staff could be paid. It affects every team in different ways

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
We may be back to full attendance by next summer. No saying what it will look like by then. Montreal, TO and NYR have no issues going about there business as usual right now.

perfect, so should be back to 8000 fans by next October?

Reactions: GCK and bchuck

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
What? Do you even understand what I said? Read it again. I said the richest team in the league, Toronto, was only able to sign Matthews for 5 years compared to the max. So yeah I think is signing Chabot to 8 years was deservedly celebrated.
Actually, the richest team in the league is the NYR and I was thinking more along the lines of Zibanejad.

Toronto is in a different situation, they have an even worse GM than ours, I wouldn't use them as any benchmark of how to assemble an NHL franchise. Their top 4 forwards make about as much as the entire Sens team combined. That said, I think that 5 years for Matthews is actually a win for the team in the long term. I don't personally see many positives in these 7-8yr contracts. Players seem to never live up to them and teams always seem to regret them. Eg: as much as I liked Karlsson, signing him to an 8yr contract at that point in his career would have been a terrible decision.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Actually, the richest team in the league is the NYR and I was thinking more along the lines of Zibanejad.

Toronto is in a different situation, they have an even worse GM than ours, I wouldn't use them as any benchmark of how to assemble an NHL franchise. Their top 4 forwards make about as much as the entire Sens team combined. That said, I think that 5 years for Matthews is actually a win for the team in the long term. I don't personally see many positives in these 7-8yr contracts. Players seem to never live up to them and teams always seem to regret them. Eg: as much as I liked Karlsson, signing him to an 8yr contract at that point in his career would have been a terrible decision.
Sorry. My fault for not being more clear.

Reactions: Rand0m

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad