Sens reduce capacity at Canadian Tire Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
i am thinking about that, and I have been thinking about that for months now. You should think about that too, because it tells me this fanbase stinks and they're hypocrites.

Most of the stuff you're complaining about is all about the arena. They are fixing that by wanting to move. You can't have things going on in the hallways as it's already too crowded as it is. The hallways are too narrow.

To suggest Melnyk is Harold Ballard shows how completely out of touch you are.

Also tickets aren't $120 in the 200 level for season seat holders. And playoff prices are incredibly cheap if you have season tickets or flex packs.

If you have to buy season tickets to make seats cheap than those seats aren't cheap. It doesn't matter if price per game goes down if total price goes up substantially.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
FTF sounds more like a laff fan that made a troll account to harass Ottawa, than a genuine Sens fan. All the kid wants to do is argue about everything and call the fanbase pathetic.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
if their attendance dropped, they'd blame the on-field product, as most sports franchises do.

The Sens fixed that last season, yet fans still don't show up.

THIS IS ON THE FANS

There's more to the quality of the product than how far the team made it in the playoffs. The product being sold here is the entire experience: making a decision to go to a game and everything that entails

In Ottawa's case, for many local fans that includes a 1-hour trek outside of town, $20 to park their car, and very expensive concessions. People in this thread are literally telling you that these things are impacting their choices on how to consume the games. I'm not sure why you won't listen to them.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
[QUOTE="Tuna99, post: 137219911, member: 91469"]there is absolutely nothing wrong with the Ottawa fan base, stop pretending there is something better out there. There are ebbs and flows to fandom based on a lot of things. Montreal has empty seats to their games this year - is that bad fanbase for a team that had 100 points last season?

Ottawa's got amazing fans, loyal, dedicated and love their team. Stop blaming the customers because 1 aspect of the team experience is stale - you aren't more or less a fan if you buy tickets - a Sens fan in Thailand is every bit a sens fan on Terry Fox Dr, even if they haven't been to a game.

The fans are still there, they just are sick of the stadium and the reasons are as long as my arm. But the fans will return and sell the stadium out for a long stretch, this ebb in attendance is a blip on the Senators historical radar.

Yes, their absolutely is and there has been ever since we entered the league. The fans are a) cheap, b) cheer for other teams, and c) complain about trivial things like traffic. The Sens have had massive success since they were awarded their team, and have cheap ticket prices, yet fans don't show up.

"Ottawa's got amazing fans, loyal, dedicated and love their team."

I don't see this, at all. They do have a small base like that, but nothing substantial.

The fans are not there. If they were, they'd easily sell out a measly 17K every night[/QUOTE]

Trivial things like traffic? I'm certainly cognizant of how I choose to spend two hours of my precious free time, and sitting in traffic for two hours and paying $20 to park my car is far from an appealing way to do it.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
...and you've just proven my point. A kid and a troll. From the moment you arrived here, that's all you've done, is try to get under the skin of everyone here.
How did I prove your point? You're the one calling me "kid". I'm not trolling here. Looks like you';re just being a dick

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Yes, their absolutely is and there has been ever since we entered the league. The fans are a) cheap, b) cheer for other teams, and c) complain about trivial things like traffic. The Sens have had massive success since they were awarded their team, and have cheap ticket prices, yet fans don't show up.

"Ottawa's got amazing fans, loyal, dedicated and love their team."

I don't see this, at all. They do have a small base like that, but nothing substantial.

The fans are not there. If they were, they'd easily sell out a measly 17K every night

Trivial things like traffic? I'm certainly cognizant of how I choose to spend two hours of my precious free time, and sitting in traffic for two hours and paying $20 to park my car is far from an appealing way to do it.[/QUOTE]
2 hours? Come on. I just left the rink last night and it took me less than 30 minutes to get home in centretown

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
You're calling a 30+ year old a kid? Grow up, please. I'm adding you to the list.

1l9pss.jpg

Reactions: Senateurs

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
Trivial things like traffic? I'm certainly cognizant of how I choose to spend two hours of my precious free time, and sitting in traffic for two hours and paying $20 to park my car is far from an appealing way to do it.
2 hours? Come on. I just left the rink last night and it took me less than 30 minutes to get home in centretown[/QUOTE]

And it took you close to an hour to get to the arena. I live close to downtown, and if I drive to the game I'm looking at about an hour and a half round trip, with 20$ parking. OC transpo closer to two hours round trip. That's not a trivial consideration when weighing the decision to spend $60 on a ticket. It works out something like:

going to the game
- $60 ticket
- $15-20 on dinner (no time to go home first after work)
- 1.5 hours driving + $20 parking or two hours on an OC transpo bus
- my entire evening is gone, from 5:15 when I leave work to when I get home at midnight

watching the game from home
- free
- 2.5 hour time commitment

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Did anyone else notice they got rid of bobblehead nights this year?

So that explains everything.

Out of touch? I've been to many events in many other cities and nothing is a dull as the experience at the CTC. It's not the 'arena'.. it's the staff/lack of entertainment/prices/ etc in the arena. That falls on the owner. The last time I checked, he owns the arena.

Other cities do more. They keep up with the times. Melnyk has done nothing to improve the experience since he took over. Honestly.. name something. Name one non-hockey thing he's done that has improved the experience for the average fan. For every one thing you can name, I can probably find three massive failures.

It's not just the experience. Where is the damn marketing? There should have been Sens banners on overpasses, and on buildings downtown from April to June last year. They should have marketed the hell out of that run. But, instead Melnyk took his fanbase for granted and assumed he didn't have to market his product. It probably would have only cost him a couple hundred grand to put banners all over the damn city, but he cheaped out....again.

The guy is the Harold Ballard of our generation. It's clear. There's no reason for an internal budget. There's not reason to treat your customers like that.

There IS a reason why Alfie left.. twice... and that reason is Melnyk.

Let's see...just off the top of my head the last few years, nevermind since he took over. But I guess you take the millions spent for granted. As many do.

1- he upgraded the lights before others did
2 - Club Bell
3 - Molson FanDeck
4 - Farm Boy kiosk
5 - New scoreboard

Do you want more "Faites Du Bruit" signs, and "Make some noooooiiiiise" cheers? The fans are what they are. YOU cannot create the atmosphere. The fans are the atmosphere.

Where is the "damn marketing" lol. Do you need marketing?

You are so ill informed and out of touch, especially to reference Harold Ballard. Not only on a hockey level, but also what transpired under Harold Ballard's tenure, unspeakable horrors. No, he is not the Harold Ballard of any generation. Shame on you bud.

Last edited:

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Oh, I can assure you that no-one will be buying tickets on your account - I think you give yourself too much credit. It's why I find it so curious that you seem so insistent on changing people's minds on the matter. I mean, they shouldn't listen to you, right? Do you deserve credit or not? Who's to say. And I think that any grown person that concerns themselves with being a "laughingstock" over a sports franchise needs to do some growing up themselves. Cheers!

I am proud of my city and my team, and don't appreciate that we get joked about. I guess that is just me, but many don't care. This is an attendance thread issue. I say it is an issue . You and others don't care about it, so why are you here? Maybe you should head over somewhere else, find like minded people who share your thoughts. But I am not on the GDT talking about attendance, am I?

Your name suits you pal, enjoy the game tonight! My income taxes are attached :laugh:

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
...and you've just proven my point. A kid and a troll. From the moment you arrived here, that's all you've done, is try to get under the skin of everyone here.
Because you don't share his point of view. Are you the guardian of HF and like-minded people. He has been very consistent with his beliefs and now that makes him a troll?

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
I am proud of my city and my team, and don't appreciate that we get joked about. I guess that is just me, but many don't care. This is an attendance thread issue. I say it is an issue . You and others don't care about it, so why are you here? Maybe you should head over somewhere else, find like minded people who share your thoughts. But I am not on the GDT talking about attendance, am I?

You know who it is an issue for? Eugene Melnyk. That's it.

For the fans I don't consider having easy access to affordable tickets an issue. I would consider astronomically priced, unobtainable tickets an issue for fans but we don't have that issue.

Reactions: coladin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad