Confirmed with Link: Sens re-sign Jacob Bernard-Docker (2 years, $805,000 AAV)

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
If you're asking me, I think it was incidental, but Greig looked like he finished his check so a bit of an accidentally on purpose look to it, I don't blame the refs for calling it.

I agree we kind of unravelled after that, though I'd argue to flaccid PPs early in the second were more detrimental, that play certainly started the ball rolling.
It's a chicken and egg thing.

Yes, the PP cost us. But we went into the locker room tied instead of up one. Confidence versus doubt.

Reactions: Micklebot

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
It's a chicken and egg thing.

Yes, the PP cost us. But we went into the locker room tied instead of up one. Confidence versus doubt.
If the team folds because of that then tear it down again.

That is letting the team off the hook, big time. Incidental contact and Greig, being a rookie, gets the gate - could easily not been called at all.

In 2 years he can play the same style and won't get called on 1/2 the plays he is now.

We need much more Greig, not less.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
If the team folds because of that then tear it down again.

That is letting the team off the hook, big time. Incidental contact and Greig, being a rookie, gets the gate - could easily not been called at all.

In 2 years he can play the same style and won't get called on 1/2 the plays he is now.

We need much more Greig, not less.
I don't agree with this. I think we're a young team that's still trying to learn to win. I think last year's roster was the first where we've had a strong enough roster for that learning to begin.

I was at the Carolina game. It's the first game we've been outplayed in 5. And at that, we had the better of the first. But it's been off the rails in here since that loss.

It's discouraging. I was pumped going to that game and we had a great first.

We do need more Greig. Right now he's got a shit disturber rep. I agree 2 years from now that he likely isn't called there.

The team is inconsistent and learning to win. But I don't think it's inconsistent in terms of winning, it's inconsistent in terms of dominating. It's close. And they might figure it out permanently. Then again they might not.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I don't agree with this. I think we're a young team that's still trying to learn to win. I think last year's roster was the first where we've had a strong enough roster for that learning to begin.

I was at the Carolina game. It's the first game we've been outplayed in 5. And at that, we had the better of the first. But it's been off the rails in here since that loss.

It's discouraging. I was pumped going to that game and we had a great first.

We do need more Greig. Right now he's got a shit disturber rep. I agree 2 years from now that he likely isn't called there.

The team is inconsistent and learning to win. But I don't think it's inconsistent in terms of winning, it's inconsistent in terms of dominating. It's close. And they might figure it out permanently. Then again they might not.
I'm saying to blame Greig is nonsense.

I agree there is room for growth but being tied after 1 period, specifically after playing well for a few games in a row, shouldn't lead to a meltdown.

2nd periods have been an issue for a few years now, and they need to get over it.

Reactions: bert

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
JBD to me has been our most improved player under Martin.

Hes playing smart, physical, and sacrificing his body.

Finding his niche to stick in the league and maybe hold down a bottom pair spot moving forwards
He is playing the game like he did in Belleville. It just takes time with some guys. He should keep getting better. You can tell Sanderson likes playing along side of him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad