Sens players you forgot about...

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
mike commodore

How could forget dat fro? Dude was imposing.

I had forgotten about Lance Pitlick...wasn't he our captain for a while back in the day?

Nice fighter IIRC.

we can't forget Karel Rachunek R.I.P and Pavol Demitra R.I.P. Also Steve Duchesne, Igor Kravchuk and Peter Bondra

Rachunek and Prospal were among my favourite Sens. We had a nice Czech/Slovak contingent back in the day, also with guys like Bonk, Hossa, Havlat, Chara, Meszaros, etc. Seems like that well has dried a bit since... If Ceci can become a player like Rachunek we can be very happy. Dude played the point on the PP very well, and he could take a big hit in the defensive zone and not cough up the puck.

oh yes, Fat Balloon from San Jose..hahahaha
Hey I mentioned him first! :rant: I thought he came over in that Daigle trade with Philly, along with Prospal and someone else?

Jamie Rivers

Nice one! Invisible defenseman. So invisible I forgot about him too.

I used to think Magnus Arvedson was going to be the next best thing.
He was really great until that unfortunate injury, the door that perforated his stomach. Ouch.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Hey I mentioned him first! :rant: I thought he came over in that Daigle trade with Philly, along with Prospal and someone else?

Yeah, it was Falloon, Prospal and a 2nd rounder for Daigle.

Philly had acquired Falloon a few years earlier from San Jose for a 1st rounder and some spare parts.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Ricard Persson.

c82R8LK3qq-2.png

Mcgrattan, Van Allen

Shaun Van Allen, Patrick Traverse, Neckar... actually a few players from 95-96 season that get me interested with the Sens!

Petr Schastlivy, Peter Schaefer, Dean McAmmond

This thread is weird. How do people "forget" like 90% of the players that have been listed? It's been more like "who has played a few seasons for us but was never a star?"

Anyway, one player that I haven't seen mentioned yet, and would like to forget but just can't, is this abrasive fella:

165280594-ottawa-senators-goaltender-tom-barrasso-gettyimages.jpg

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ricard Persson.

c82R8LK3qq-2.png

This thread is weird. How do people "forget" like 90% of the players that have been listed? It's been more like "who has played a few seasons for us but was never a star?"

Anyway, one player that I haven't seen mentioned yet, and would like to forget but just can't, is this abrasive fella:

165280594-ottawa-senators-goaltender-tom-barrasso-gettyimages.jpg

Anybody mention Laukanen? 266 games but not particularly memorable.

Sean Hill is another one...

Chris Murray is from a time period I feel I should remember, and played 84 games, but I can't recall anything he ever did.

Also, Jaroslav Modry is a guy that had a few solid years in LA but I didn't remember his cup of tea in Ottawa.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa

Chris Murray is from a time period I feel I should remember, and played 84 games, but I can't recall anything he ever did.

Also, Jaroslav Modry is a guy that had a few solid years in LA but I didn't remember his cup of tea in Ottawa.

I agree that the one ice performance wasn't that memorable but Janne Laukkanen is one of the best names to ever grace the sens jersey. Just fun to say.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

I loved Janne. But then again I was just an obsessed kid who remembered most of the amusing names.

Murray and Modry though.. I really can't remember them in a Sens shirt.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
I loved Janne. But then again I was just an obsessed kid who remembered most of the amusing names.

Murray and Modry though.. I really can't remember them in a Sens shirt.

I remember Modry, but I remember even more being continually amazed at how long he hung around the NHL. He was an ok player in Ottawa but I didn't think he would stick in the NHL for that long. Year after year I would hear his name associated with some NHL team and think, "oh yeah him, he's still around" and that went on for a long time. The guy had staying power.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Damian Rhodes, Pascal Leclaire and Peter Sidorkewitz (I know it's not spelled right. Too lazy to look it up!)

Dude, I was drawing Damian Rhodes in grade 7 art class. I'll never forget The Net. :laugh:

619Z0rHPSDL._SY300_.jpg

Still loved his earlier mask though, one of the GOAT sens masks (alongside Tugger's Splat):

38dc6bb280502f3121958ad23c35e37e.jpg

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
It was. But he will be forever remembered as that out-of-shape, healthy scratch in the playoffs, Muckler acquisition.

:facepalm:

Arnason, jeez. Possibly the least motivated NHL player ever to don a Sens jersey.

If you ever asked him to give 100% effort, he would counter by offering you two games at 50% each.

kilroy

Aug 13, 2007
Bobby Dollas, AINEC.

A Sen for all of two days. Signed November 9th, 1999, played one game and was lost on waivers the day after.

Although more in the spirit of the thread, I'm somewhat ashamed to admit I'd completely forgotten about Sergei Zholtok.

Last edited:

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
I'll toss Jim Paek into the mix. Entered the league in 1990, became the first Korean-born player to do so, won two cups with Pittsburgh, had a cup of coffee with the Kings and Sens and was out of the league by the summer of 1995.

sensR4real

Apr 19, 2006
Ottawa
oh yes, Zholtok died of a heart attack while leaving the ice during a practice a few years after leaving the sens. Was one of my favorite players ever. Just loved that wrist shot/snapper! RIP Sergei.....

Bobby Dollas, AINEC.

A Sen for all of two days. Signed November 9th, 1999, played one game and was lost on waivers the day after.

Although more in the spirit of the thread, I'm somewhat ashamed to admit I'd completely forgotten about Sergei Zholtok.

Boggletrax

Oct 5, 2008
Dan Quinn. A 13th overall pick in 1983 who put up solid totals over the first 10 years of his career, the Sens game him a chance to resurrect it after he had a "Patrick Kane-esque off-ice incident" which left him short of pro options. We let him go after he posted 7G0A in 13 games, he took a tour around Europe and played the lockout shortened season in LA, then we reacquired him and he posted 24 pts in 28 games. Everytime he scored, they played the Manfred Mann song Mighty Quinn the Eskimo.

Also, Joe Cirella. 5th overall pick in 81.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00