OT: Sens Lounge LXXIV | Not so important lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
He prob got in trouble for using bad words.

Using the word prob makes me think of Pat, because he always says prob in real life.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I love Arrested Development. Better than Seinfeld.

Tobias on To Entap a Local Predator is teh funniest.

Arrested Development is pure gold. I just started watching it last week, and am into season 2 now.

I didn't even know you could get into trouble on this site.

Odd.

You'll probably find out where the line on this forum is drawn eventually. It took me over a year to finally trip over it.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
It was definitely a let down. Really good cast that was underused because of a poor, poor script.

Action was good, at times. But the film was very meh overall.

I loved Godzilla.
Kinda debating if I want to see X-Men or not because I really enjoy the Days of Future Past storyline and don't want to see it get destroyed like they did with the potential of the Dark Phoenix Saga.
That and they always turn into in the Wolverine and friends show.

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
I loved Godzilla.
Kinda debating if I want to see X-Men or not because I really enjoy the Days of Future Past storyline and don't want to see it get destroyed like they did with the potential of the Dark Phoenix Saga.
That and they always turn into in the Wolverine and friends show.

I'm very excited about X-Men. Strong cast, proven director and coming off of the success of X-Men First Class (arguably my favorite X-Men film ever).

It should (hopefully) be nothing like The Wolverine or any other cash grab associated with the franchise.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I'm very excited about X-Men. Strong cast, proven director and coming off of the success of X-Men First Class (arguably my favorite X-Men film ever).

It should (hopefully) be nothing like The Wolverine or any other cash grab associated with the franchise.

Well the first strike against it is that Wolverine goes back in time instead of Kitty Pryde.

Second strike is it makes X3 canon.

But so far been hearing decent things about it.

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
Well the first strike against it is that Wolverine goes back in time instead of Kitty Pryde.

Second strike is it makes X3 canon.

But so far been hearing decent things about it.

Ah, I see.

I won't be bothered by any differences in the movie as opposed to the comics as I myself never read comics but I can see why fans would be upset.

X-3 was bad, but I'm sure it'll be fine. Hopefully. All I want is for Michael Fassbender to get as much screen time as possible. I honestly believe there is no better actor working right now.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I pray that the super hero phase will be over.

Too many reboots.

People that go to Carleton, how far is it to walk from the field to residence?

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
I'm sick of Super Hero movies, but unfortunately as long as there's a demand for them, they won't be going away.

To be honest, this Summer's film line-up looks very weak when compared to past years. Godzilla was supposed to be a redeeming aspect of the Summer line-up but... meh.

Pretty much just biding my time until Interstellar comes out in the Fall.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Super hero/comic book movies are so dull and flat. Hate them.

I'm the opposite. I grew up collecting comic books, and I get a huge kick out of seeing the characters up on the big screen. I even loved the Fantastic Four movies, which is unusual.

The only super hero movie I have hated so far was the original Captain America movie, but I also hated CA comics. The Hulk movie was not great either, and once again I was meh about the Hulk in comic book form.

If you want a comic book movie that is not dull and flat try The Watchmen. Avoid the director's cut though unless you are a huge fan of the comics series, because it adds depth at the expense of pace.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I'm the opposite. I grew up collecting comic books, and I get a huge kick out of seeing the characters up on the big screen. I even loved the Fantastic Four movies, which is unusual.

The only super hero movie I have hated so far was the original Captain America movie, but I also hated CA comics. The Hulk movie was not great either, and once again I was meh about the Hulk in comic book form.

If you want a comic book movie that is not dull and flat try The Watchmen. Avoid the director's cut though unless you are a huge fan of the comics series, because it adds depth at the expense of pace.

Dark Night and the Wathcmen are still my favorite comic book movies, and i was a marvel kid growing up.

It's a nostalgia thing for me, and probably some other older guys around here. We didn't have the high quality life action stuff back when we were kids, it was comic books, toys and 16 bit video games and that was it when it came to that kind of thing. I still love seeing those characters come to life on the big screen with modern CG, even if the plots of those movies are generally nothing special.

Marvel movies are just fun, nothing deep or complex about them. Hate the new spiderman. Peter Parker isn't supposed to be good looking, he's supposed to be a goofy looking geek. Toby Mcguire was the perfect Peter Parker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad