OT: Sens Lounge LXXIV | Not so important lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Dark Night and the Wathcmen are still my favorite comic book movies, and i was a marvel kid growing up.

It's a nostalgia thing for me, and probably some other older guys around here. We didn't have the high quality life action stuff back when we were kids, it was comic books, toys and 16 bit video games and that was it when it came to that kind of thing. I still love seeing those characters come to life on the big screen with modern CG, even if the plots of those movies are generally nothing special.

Marvel movies are just fun, nothing deep or complex about them. Hate the new spiderman. Peter Parker isn't supposed to be good looking, he's supposed to be a goofy looking geek. Toby Mcguire was the perfect Peter Parker.

I guess im the opposite of this. Didn't watch or read anything comic book/super hero. I grew up watching Star Trek and Stargate. So I have no nostalgia for super hero movies.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Dark Night and the Wathcmen are still my favorite comic book movies, and i was a marvel kid growing up.

It's a nostalgia thing for me, and probably some other older guys around here. We didn't have the high quality life action stuff back when we were kids, it was comic books, toys and 16 bit video games and that was it when it came to that kind of thing. I still love seeing those characters come to life on the big screen with modern CG, even if the plots of those movies are generally nothing special.

Marvel movies are just fun, nothing deep or complex about them. Hate the new spiderman. Peter Parker isn't supposed to be good looking, he's supposed to be a goofy looking geek. Toby Mcguire was the perfect Peter Parker.

He was the best Peter Parker but the worst Spider-Man imo.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I honestly hated the spiderman reboot. I don't know why too be honest.

I didn't see the second one, but i hated the first one. I don't really want to see the second one too be honest. Just have zero interest in it.

On a different subject, i don't like how ben ****ing affleck will be playing batman now. Are you kidding me?

I wish they made a separate batman movie instead of making it a batman and superman movie. Batman is one of my favorite super heroes, but superman is meh to me. I did not like man of steal that much. I think batman vs. superman will be a complete and utter failure too be honest.

Another thing, i can't believe their is no game of thrones on tonight. :cry:

Last edited:

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
I honestly hated the spiderman reboot. I don't know why too be honest.

I didn't see the second one, but i hated the first one. I don't really want to see the second one too be honest. Just have zero interest in it.

On a different subject, i don't like how ben ****ing affleck will be playing batman now. Are you kidding me?

I wish they made a separate batman movie instead of making it a batman and superman movie. Batman is one of my favorite super heroes, but superman is meh to me. I did not like man of steal that much. I think batman vs. superman will be a complete and utter failure too be honest.

Another thing, i can't believe their is no game of thrones on tonight. :cry:

I wish for neither.

The Dark Knight trilogy was the most successful comic book film series of all-time, and I'd argue the most well-made (I'm not crazy about TDKR, but I digress).

Choosing to reboot Batman after a whopping 2 or 3 years is disgraceful. Give us some damn time. Create something original for once.

But hey, that's how mainstream Hollywood works unfortunately. It's the same reason we keep getting Super Hero movies. It's the same reason we keep getting horrible Adam Sandler schlock. It's the same reason why there are so many unimaginative films that are carbon copies of others. People will keep going to see them.

I hate always sounding like the snobbish movie geek who thinks he's better than people who enjoy those things, but that's just how I feel. The people who make those kinds of blockbusters aren't stupid, but they make stupid movies that'll bring in a quick buck.

No need to be as negative as I am being though, because there are still a ton of great movies being made these days. It's just about finding them.

It's why I always look forward to the Fall and the Winter months; Oscar season. Don't get me wrong, there are a ton of films that are nothing but Oscar bait (definition: films that are not necessarily good but films that try their hardest to appear Oscar worthy) but it's also the time where the most genuine, creative films usually come out.

I really could go on forever about this stuff. :laugh:

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
Haven't made one of these bad boys in a while...

fkmhb8.jpg

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Been way too many reboots the past 15 or so years.

I mean really, a reboot of Psycho? Vince Vaughn isn't fit to carry Anthony Perkins' shoes, let alone play his most iconic role.

Carrie? No one, and I mean no one, can out-do Piper Laurie's portrayal of Margaret White.

And the reboot of the Hills have Eyes was just all-out disgusting.

Only halfway decent reboot was The Thing that Carpenter made, and it still wasn't quite as good as the original.

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
Been way too many reboots the past 15 or so years.

I mean really, a reboot of Psycho? Vince Vaughn isn't fit to carry Anthony Perkins' shoes, let alone play his most iconic role.

Carrie? No one, and I mean no one, can out-do Piper Laurie's portrayal of Margaret White.

And the reboot of the Hills have Eyes was just all-out disgusting.

Only halfway decent reboot was The Thing that Carpenter made, and it still wasn't quite as good as the original.

Unrelated to the original Psycho, but I love American Psycho with Christian Bale.

Highly recommended.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
I'm honestly so annoyed by all the "Why are you a Sens fan when you have never lived in Ottawa?" questions. Like you can only cheer for the city you live in...

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I'm honestly so annoyed by all the "Why are you a Sens fan when you have never lived in Ottawa?" questions. Like you can only cheer for the city you live in...

This pains me as an arsenal fan. Londoners are really snobby sometimes, apparently cheering for a team that was without a trophy in 9 years means I'm a "bandwagon" fan.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
We're the Millers is the funniest movie I've seen in a long time.

Also Amazing Spiderman 2 is in competition with Mortal Instruments City of Bones for worst movie I have seen in recent years.

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
We're the Millers is the funniest movie I've seen in a long time.

Also Amazing Spiderman 2 is in competition with Mortal Instruments City of Bones for worst movie I have seen in recent years.

I am glad that I'm not completely alone this time around when it comes to my disdain for the new Spider-Man film. I remember when the first Amazing Spider-Man came out and it was rare for me to find a person who disliked it. I despised the film.

Little did I know that the 2nd one would somehow be even worse.

EDIT: I got last post in this lounge. What do I win?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad