OT: Sens Lounge LXIX: No More Bad Titles (Just Bad Content) Edition | DRAKE APPRECIATION

Status
Not open for further replies.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Cash+Time restraint. 9hours drive. :laugh:

9 hours drive means it's possible. Long, but possible.

There are very few things in this world we CAN'T do. Men CAN'T give birth to a baby. Mankind CAN'T run at 3,483,273 km/h. You CAN'T fold a piece of paper twenty times over.

If it's even remotely possible, it's not a matter of CAN'T -- it's a matter of WON'T. For example, your schedule and geographic location make it so that you WON'T make the nine-hour trek each way to watch a hockey game.

This lesson in Pedantic Uses of the English Language and the Realization that Lewy's an Elitist Jagwagon) has been brought to you by the letter Q.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Yeah, pick the date right after a quarter of the ****ing lounger regularmuses have left for school again.

And my female advice to the man seeking it is to simply follow my footsteps.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
"Single" means nothing.

It just means he probably values actually being into someone before going into a relationship, as opposed to a lot of people who have to be in a relationship at all times, even if they don't really like the specific person.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
"Single" means nothing.

It just means he probably values actually being into someone before going into a relationship, as opposed to a lot of people who have to be in a relationship at all times, even if they don't really like the specific person.

Exactly, at 18 I'm really not interested in being held back by having a relationship, it would have to be somebody really special.

Not to say it's bad to have an SO at this age, just not for me right now.

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
"Single" means nothing.

So true, breaking up with my ex after being together for more than 3 years has turned out to be the best thing for me (although I didn't think that way when it happened).

Edit: We had been dating since high school into 3rd year of Uni

Iconoclast

Lifestyle on camera
May 2, 2013
Toronto
I definitely agree with being single not being a bad thing. The meaningless hookup lifestyle isn't for everyone but neither are long term relationships especially when you're young.

I did the whole relationship thing, was with my ex girl for 2 and a half years until just last month. It's just been casual stuff with others since then since I don't really feel like committing to another relationship at this point. University just gives you too many other options.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I'm not interested in just hooking up. At the same time, I would like to be in a serious relationship with a girl I like. Just seems hard to a girl like that who happens to be single and interested

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Society often thinks Physical Attraction + No Personality Attraction = Hookup, and No Physical Attraction + Personality Attraction = Friendzone. That part is often true.

But THEN, when Physical Attraction + Personality Attraction = Relationship, I don't think always needs to be true. To me you can have your fun :)naughty:) but still be good friends and have it more than just a "hookup" and not go to the relationship level. I guess that's what FWB is.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I don't know, I think everyone looks down on FWB for whatever reason.

It's worked for me. I know that I don't risk losing that person as a friend as well, which often happens when you end a relationship. I get the appeal of a relationship, but I also think it's a really big commitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad