OT: Sens Lounge LXIX: No More Bad Titles (Just Bad Content) Edition | DRAKE APPRECIATION

Status
Not open for further replies.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Wow, actually had a ****ing great tiome at the Senate with Silf and a friend. I love that place already.

Waitress thought I was hitting on her. I wasn't. Cause, y'know.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I'm going to be honest while under the influence of alcohol.

1) I really want to meet with y'all at the Senate

2) Smeddy is like totally the most hilarious person ever. No jokes, he's like my favourite comedian.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Wow, actually had a ****ing great tiome at the Senate with Silf and a friend. I love that place already.

Went to a sports bar with a friend, he was concerned that the waitress thought we were a couple. I made sure I embarrassed him by ordering a dessert with 2 spoons.

Philoops

I am Potato
Jul 19, 2011
Canada
So there's this girl in my English class. We sit next to each other and talk a lot in class and email sometimes, but she's swamped with other work. I dunno if I should invite her to a Sens game or something, I've suggested hanging out but again she's really busy and is from out of town so holidays are no good. I don't want to look like I'm throwing myself at her but I want to seem interested, idk how to talk to girls :/

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
So there's this girl in my English class. We sit next to each other and talk a lot in class and email sometimes, but she's swamped with other work. I dunno if I should invite her to a Sens game or something, I've suggested hanging out but again she's really busy and is from out of town so holidays are no good. I don't want to look like I'm throwing myself at her but I want to seem interested, idk how to talk to girls :/

Tell her you won the tickets. She'll appreciate that you thought of her first.

Or, maybe email her a picture of you holding two tickets and say "How about it?"

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario

Wish I'd have known you guys were there! I was just down the block at the Heart & Crown at a fundraiser for my favourite prof ever. Could've easily deked over to say hi!
I'm going to be honest while under the influence of alcohol.

1) I really want to meet with y'all at the Senate

2) Smeddy is like totally the most hilarious person ever. No jokes, he's like my favourite comedian.
I'd be up for it if it meshes with what little free time I have.
Went to a sports bar with a friend, he was concerned that the waitress thought we were a couple. I made sure I embarrassed him by ordering a dessert with 2 spoons.
This is the best. Well played.
The best "trick" to talk to girls is this: don't approach it as talking to a girl. Approach it as talking to someone you want to get to know. Girls aren't alien life forms. (Side note, I know it's way easier said than done. Took me years of hearing this before I finally realized the truth of it.)
Tell her you won the tickets. She'll appreciate that you thought of her first.

Or, maybe email her a picture of you holding two tickets and say "How about it?"
First idea's great. Second idea works better as a text, but even then your best bet is face-to-face. Still, bang-on with the first one.
I vote for a meetup at a game :nod:
Also down for this!

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
First idea's great. Second idea works better as a text, but even then your best bet is face-to-face. Still, bang-on with the first one.

I was gonna say it as a text but he mentioned email. Said with what I could work with.

Texting can lead to a very dark place. Have the person's number and all you wanna do is talk to her. Then you constantly text her not knowing when to stop, leading to annoyance. Urgh, women... :shakehead

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
I was gonna say it as a text but he mentioned email. Said with what I could work with.

Texting can lead to a very dark place. Have the person's number and all you wanna do is talk to her. Then you constantly text her not knowing when to stop, leading to annoyance. Urgh, women... :shakehead

At first, my trick is to wait 30min between texts. If she sends me 3 text messages pretty much the same thing, I know that's going to be the end of it. :laugh:

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Everyone should go to the game on Nov.1 :)
No dice for me. :(

So true. There's always the one person who likes texting more than the other. You can drive yourself crazy sometimes if you don't know if it's you. That's why I only text when I need to know something or need to tell somebody something. Anything else is better face-to-face.

Unless I'm drunk. Whooooole 'nother story. I ended up texting this girl from class last night and the conversation somehow turned to dying my hair green.
I wish I could meetup at a game :(
You can!
I wish I could go to a game :(
So can you!
Did you get your breakfast today?
Nope. Just meatballs and vanilla ice cream. Not together.

(Also: this.)
Email subject: Wanna puck?

Picture: holding two sens tickets.

Fool proof.
Gold, Smeddy. You must be up to your neck in the chicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad