OT: Sens Lounge CVII - The Summer (of Dorion) Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
A Greenpeace "co-founder" (fact check: no he wasn't) who left Greenpeace in 1986 and has been a paid spokesman for 30+ years for logging, mining, chemical and fish farming industries while also working as a policy advisor for a right-wing/libertarian think-tank called the Heartland Institute, which represents fossil fuel industries. Not only does he deny climate change is real, he doesn't even think CO2 is harmful to the atmosphere or a contributing factor to climate warming. He said Roundup was totally safe to drink, even up to a quart in a single sitting. This guy is thoroughly discredited from top to bottom and he's a f***ing grifter like every other right-wing lunatic in the Western hemisphere.

Stop posting this shit on here pretending this is about hearing the "other side" of an argument. No, someone lying isn't an equally weighted argument to facts, research and scientific consensus.

Joe Rogan is a f***ing a moron, btw. He's the dumb guy's idea of a smart guy because he "asks questions". Who cares how many dipshits listen to him? And who cares how many rural right-wing imbeciles watch Tucker for confirmation of their horrible views?

so there is no “other side to an argument“ ? This what Progressives claim when the “other side” does not agree with them….. so what is the one side that we should listen to?

What ”views” do you consider “horrible” and why?

Also, why do you think CO2, the element required for every single living organism on the planet, is harmful… even though 96.6% of CO2 is from Natural sources?
IMG_1035.PNG

It is amazing how many people think that they can answer an argument by attributing bad motives to those who disagree with them. Using this kind of reasoning, you can believe or not believe anything about anything, without having to bother to deal with facts or logic.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
If nothing else, Trump getting peed on is a lot more plausible than Hillary eating babies
Mac,

I have the hots for Hillary. Have had them for years.

I will kindly ask all to stay away for my women..well Bill's women. I violated Commandment #7. Have spent the last 30 years trying to have it repealed. I even formed a committee for its repeal. Wrote the Pope and everything. they tell me, once etched in stone: that's that.

So please, everyone keep your hands off of Hillary.

When did Trump get peed on.. was he wearing latex at the time?

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Mac,

I have the hots for Hillary. Have had them for years.

I will kindly ask all to stay away for my women..well Bill's women. I violated Commandment #7. Have spent the last 30 years trying to have it repealed. I even formed a committee for its repeal. Wrote the Pope and everything. they tell me, once etched in stone: that's that.

So please, everyone keep your hands off of Hillary.

When did Trump get peed on.. was he wearing latex at the time?

Oh she's all yours Beech my man, I would never horn in on another's

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
so there is no “other side to an argument“ ? This what Progressives claim when the “other side” does not agree with them….. so what is the one side that we should listen to?

What ”views” do you consider “horrible” and why?

Also, why do you think CO2, the element required for every single living organism on the planet, is harmful… even though 96.6% of CO2 is from Natural sources?
View attachment 709224

It is amazing how many people think that they can answer an argument by attributing bad motives to those who disagree with them. Using this kind of reasoning, you can believe or not believe anything about anything, without having to bother to deal with facts or logic.
there has been a rapid decay in teh earths well being the last 100 years, coinsiding with industrialization and sociatal grwoth and carelessness.

The Alps, once snow covered have prety much melted and done so in 100 years.. Far less than the 1000 years that it should have taken.

The polar ice caps, Antarctica and so on.

Ocean currents, both in the Atlantic and Pacific have been altered.

If you remember, the pictures from India of clear and unobstructed views of mountains, brought on by covid lockdowns.

Climate change denying is wrong. If you follow me, you will know, I am no left wing wallflower, but denial is equally wrong.

I am 60, I will be in a grave long before any serious damage to this planet occurs. I do not envy anyone younger than 40.

Reactions: bicboi64

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
there has been a rapid decay in teh earths well being the last 100 years, coinsiding with industrialization and sociatal grwoth and carelessness.

The Alps, once snow covered have prety much melted and done so in 100 years.. Far less than the 1000 years that it should have taken.

If you remember, the pictures from India of clear and unobstructed views of mountains, brought on by covid lockdowns.

Climate change denying is wrong. If you follow me, you will know, I am no left wing wallflower, but denial is equally wrong.

I am 60, I will be in a grave long before any serious damage to this planet occurs. I do not envy anyone younger than 40.
The planet will be fine. We have endured harsh climates over the last 10,000 years. Green is the new industrial revolution and corporations are the benefactors not us.

Last edited:

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
You should be removed from this thread.
On what basis? If the answer to my question is no, you shouldn't be offended. If you're one of those right-wing nutjobs who want everyone "cancelled" because they don't agree with your opinion, then it's probably you who should get booted from the thread. I'm not disparaging you, I'm not calling you names, I'm not trolling.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
On what basis? If the answer to my question is no, you shouldn't be offended. If you're one of those right-wing nutjobs who want everyone "cancelled" because they don't agree with your opinion, then it's probably you who should get booted from the thread. I'm not disparaging you, I'm not calling you names, I'm not trolling.
This is funny because you are the one with the problem with my opinion. By asking me if I am a sovereign citizen you are trying to invalidate my opinion linking me to a fringe minority of people with certain beliefs. The reason you should be removed is that you are incapable of a conversation. In this post alone you site right wing nut jobs, cancel culture even though that's a "leftist" obsession, and trying to make disparaging remarks in the previous post about who I am should qualify as everything you claim you are not actually doing.

If there is anyone who shouldn't be taken seriously it is you.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
So much in here. So much.
Did you hear about the Durham Report?

This is not meant to be political but an example of the weaponization of the media.

All of the mainstream media ran with this and none of them should be let off the hook but they will be. Government + Media = absolute corruption.

Last edited:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
The planet will be fine. We have endured harsh climates over the last 10,000 years. Green is the new industrial revolution and corporations are the benefactors not us.
Many people and animal species have died when the climate has been significantly changed.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Many people and animal species have died when the climate has been significantly changed.
1684282046886.png

Despite these huge fluctuations in temperatures homosapiens survived. We are a blip on the radar in the grand scheme of things. The people responsible for destroying our environment are the ones with the solutions and we have to pay for it? Over the last 10,000 years the poles have been melting, refreezing. It's inevitable that one day they will completely melt. That is normal. The earth will go into another cycle of where it will begin to cool again. Scientists theorize a lot and they know more than anyone but that doesn't mean they are 100% right. In my opinion the West will do what ever they can to maintain power. That means putting barriers infront of emerging economies (India, China) to prevent them from accessing the cheap natural resources we have been able to plunder over the last 100 years and became extremely wealthy with in the process.

Last edited:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
View attachment 709431

Despite these huge fluctuations in temperatures homosapiens survived. We are a blip on the radar in the grand scheme of things. The people responsible for destroying our environment are the ones with the solutions and we have to pay for it? Over the last 8000 years the poles have been melting, refreezing. It's inevitable that one day they will completely melt. That is normal. The earth will go into another cycle of where it will begin to cool again. Scientists theorize a lot and they know more than anyone but that doesn't mean they are 100% right. In my opinion the West will do what ever they can to maintain power. That means putting barriers infront of emerging economies (India, China) to prevent them from accessing the cheap natural resources we have been able to plunder over the last 100 years and became extremely wealthy with in the process.

It gets worse if you go back longer periods of time:

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Climate change for sure is a challenge, but honestly I’m more concerned about governments reaction to it and it’s control/restrictions to people’s freedom and well being at this point then climate change itself.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Tbh I have a bigger problem with the causes of climate change than the change itself, i.e. I would be for the same approach even if it were not resulting in climate change, purely on moral grounds. As for climate change itself, sure, homo sapiens is unfortunately very likely to survive, but those who won't will disproportionately be the poorest among us who have benefited the least from the practices that led to it

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

I’m well into my 7th decade, and have heard and seen as much, if not more than yourself.
No one is denying that the Earth has gone through many naturally occurring warming and cooling cycles over it’s lifetime… right now we’re living in a naturally occurring warming cycle, since the the end of the last ice age.

Everyone can agree that airborne and water pollution is nasty and we need to clean up this pollution for everyone’s wellbeing. Remember “smog” in Southern California, that obscured the mountains as you pointed out is happening India with the Himalayas? That is air pollution NOT greenhouse gases which you seem to be suggesting. CO2 is an odourless colourless gas, which is essential to ALL living organisms on our planet….. CO2 is pumped into greenhouses to promote growth of foods and flowers…

As I illustrated earlier, only 3.4% of CO2 in the atmosphere is from human activity…. But the climate alarmists would have you believe this 3.4% is the driving force behind global warming (they had to rename global warming, when the world failed to warm for about 20 years, a couple of decades ago)…. So if you want to believe the 3.4% of CO2 (human activity) is the driving force behind global warming…. Then you must also believe that one lug nut, on the back wheel of an 18 wheeler is the driving force that propels the 18 wheeler down the highway. In other words, there is very little, if anything, that human activity can do, intentionally or unintentionally, to alter the earths naturally occurring warming and cooling cycles.

There has always been those who have warned the rest of us about “ the end of the world “ is coming for one reason or another…. And they’ve tried to exploit that fear for their own benefit….

Did a 1922 Article Warn of Oceans Warming  Snopes.com.png

The Arctic ocean is warming up, icebergs are growing scarcer and in some places the seals are finding the water too hot, according to a report to the Commerce Department yesterday from Consulafft, at Bergen, Norway.
Reports from fishermen, seal hunters and explorers all point to a radical change in climate conditions and hitherto unheard-of temperatures in the Arctic zone. Exploration expeditions report that scarcely any ice has been met as far north as 81 degrees 29 minutes. Soundings to a depth of 3,100 meters showed the gulf stream still very warm. Great masses of ice have been replaced by moraines of earth and stones, the report continued, while at many points well known glaciers have entirely disappeared.
Very few seals and no white fish are found in the eastern Arctic, while vast shoals of herring and smelts which have never before ventured so far north, are being encountered in the old seal fishing grounds.

report was from November 2, 1922. As reported by the AP and published in The Washington Post
The text in the above example is a genuine transcription of a 1922 newspaper article, an Associated Press account which appeared on page 2 of the Washington Post on 2 November of that year:

and this from 1979…. You must remember this.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Tbh I have a bigger problem with the causes of climate change than the change itself, i.e. I would be for the same approach even if it were not resulting in climate change, purely on moral grounds. As for climate change itself, sure, homo sapiens is unfortunately very likely to survive, but those who won't will disproportionately be the poorest among us who have benefited the least from the practices that led to it

“If you were to list out every species that has ever existed on Earth—from the tiniest mold spore to the largest mammal—biologists estimate that somewhere around 99 percent of those species would currently be extinct.”

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Did you hear about the Durham Report?

This is not meant to be political but an example of the weaponization of the media.

All of the mainstream media ran with this and none of them should be let off the hook but they will be. Government + Media = absolute corruption.

Reactions: aragorn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad