OT: Sens Lounge CVII - The Summer (of Dorion) Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Absof***inglutely!

I am a nice guy though ...so I try to help them along in their despair by saying “a parade would be better next year, anyways”.

tenor.gif

Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Heya bud. Been too long, hope you're doing well! A good friend of mine mentioned meeting you a while back and it made me smile knowing exactly how small Ottawa is.
Yep! Sure is a small city. Oddly enough, I haven't bumped into you in a few years. We'll have to get together once it's safe.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Two amber alerts last night for one missing kid. I shut it off both times before I could read the alert. Assuming it was 2 alerts to be officially bilingual.

If the police wanted apathy, they got it. I don't bother with them anymore. I acknowledge without reading to get it off my screen and to stop the noise.

No idea why we can't have a system like the US where Presidential alerts are "you need to take action now to save yourself and your family" and amber alerts are a step below that. Meanwhile in Canada we have police and pearl clutching idiots pretending that can't exist and you shouldn't complain. f*** all these people. 1) Amber Alerts are spectacularly unsuccessful 2) There is an alternative system that is just as successful as the Canadian one that doesn't require waking up millions of people a few times per month.

Reactions: Ralph Malfredsson

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Two amber alerts last night for one missing kid. I shut it off both times before I could read the alert. Assuming it was 2 alerts to be officially bilingual.

If the police wanted apathy, they got it. I don't bother with them anymore. I acknowledge without reading to get it off my screen and to stop the noise.

No idea why we can't have a system like the US where Presidential alerts are "you need to take action now to save yourself and your family" and amber alerts are a step below that. Meanwhile in Canada we have police and pearl clutching idiots pretending that can't exist and you shouldn't complain. f*** all these people. 1) Amber Alerts are spectacularly unsuccessful 2) There is an alternative system that is just as successful as the Canadian one that doesn't require waking up millions of people a few times per month.

They are annoying but they do work. That shit woke up the whole house here in Toronto. I read the first few lines, knew there was nothing for me in it and then fell back asleep.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

You mean the one for the toddler. They found the girl and the kidnapper is in custody.

Scary stuff.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Any interesting cocktails? BBQ recipes? I have been loading up from Slipacoff's ready to unleash the burning smell of meat on my neighbours. I have a tomahawk, a fiorentina, and some Tajim Wagyu to cook. I am curious to see you guys cook those massive pieces of meat.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Any interesting cocktails? BBQ recipes? I have been loading up from Slipacoff's ready to unleash the burning smell of meat on my neighbours. I have a tomahawk, a fiorentina, and some Tajim Wagyu to cook. I am curious to see you guys cook those massive pieces of meat.

I made burgers at lunch today... ;)

I know Slipacoff’s well. Great selections.

I have not mastered the grill enough to provide anything out of the ordinary, but I am hoping to have a tomahawk next weekend in Montreal!

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown

I'd use a smoker on those until they're medium rare then sear them quickly on a high heat grill.

Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I made burgers at lunch today... ;)

I know Slipacoff’s well. Great selections.

I have not mastered the grill enough to provide anything out of the ordinary, but I am hoping to have a tomahawk next weekend in Montreal!

With Tomahawks, I have done the reverse sear, where I cook it at 225 for about an hour, get it to about 110, then finish with a nasty sear to bring it to 135. I find that the Slipacoff stuff, because it is aged, doesn't cook the same as regular meats, so I find it a little intimidating because you don't want to ruin an expensive cut. I just bought some beef back ribs, 20 bucks for a whole rack seems like a good deal!

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
With Tomahawks, I have done the reverse sear, where I cook it at 225 for about an hour, get it to about 110, then finish with a nasty sear to bring it to 135. I find that the Slipacoff stuff, because it is aged, doesn't cook the same as regular meats, so I find it a little intimidating because you don't want to ruin an expensive cut. I just bought some beef back ribs, 20 bucks for a whole rack seems like a good deal!
charcoal or gas?

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road

My brother did some sous vide, and then finished them on the BBQ which turned out quite well. This minimizes the risk of BBQ fails.

Reactions: Mingus Dew
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad