Sens @ Leafs Oct 10 Heart Attack Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Do we consider switching Cowen and Wier?

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Ceci
Wierioch/Borowieki - Wideman

Puts Boro back on his natural side and gives Weir easier match ups. Or is it too soon and Cowen needs more time to get his game legs?

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Hoffman-Turris-Stone
MacArthur-Pageau-Ryan
Michalek-Zibanejad-Lazar
Prince-Smith-Chiasson

Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-Ceci
Boro-Wideman

Ryan with non-Zibanejad players and skilled+fast players.

Zibanejad with some hard workers and non-Ryan players.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Andy was stellar in OT

Don't think Lazar really belongs with Ryan and Zibanejad. Doesn't bring much offensively but that's not saying much about the other 2

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Hoffman's body language, confidence, drive is so much better then last year. He is dialed in and is going to be among the best goal scorers this season in the league.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Andy was stellar in OT

Don't think Lazar really belongs with Ryan and Zibanejad. Doesn't bring much offensively but that's not saying much about the other 2

Zibanejad - Ryan only worked for a string of games while Ryan was hot, with MacArthur. Hasn't worked since. Ryan needs a different Center.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Do we consider switching Cowen and Wier?

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Ceci
Wierioch/Borowieki - Wideman

Puts Boro back on his natural side and gives Weir easier match ups. Or is it too soon and Cowen needs more time to get his game legs?

Cowen is playing really well now... Why change anything about his role for at least a few more games. Let him be for now.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Man, Anderson frustrates the **** out of me, bro.

Has a stellar first period then allows one of the worst positional goals against I've seen in years. That was beer league quality. How does JVR hit middle of the net from there? From there it was avalanche of chances against and Holland goal suspicious but then plays great in OT. The fluctuation between excellent and brutal drives me nuts.

Wiercioch sucks. I can't believe we wasting Ceci's development at becoming a better player by anchoring him with this guy.

We need Wideman on the team. We need another guy with quick hands and IQ from back end.

Cowen has been marvellous so far. I can't believe this and I'm not gonna get hopes up just yet. Put Cowen with Ceci and put Wideman with Boro.

First line is terrific. 4th doing their job. 2nd and 3rd... naw. mix up the lines. Zib and Ryan really need a Hoffman/Prince to be successful.

Win's a win.

Hoffman and Stone are gonna be stars.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Cowen is playing really well now... Why change anything about his role for at least a few more games. Let him be for now.

Mostly only because Weir's struggled so much. If our middle pair was solid, I'd be thrilled at keeping Cowen where he is, but the Top 4 needs help right now.

Man, Anderson frustrates the **** out of me, bro.

Has a stellar first period then allows one of the worst positional goals against I've seen in years. That was beer league quality. How does JVR hit middle of the net from there? From there it was avalanche of chances against and Holland goal suspicious but then plays great in OT. The fluctuation between excellent and brutal drives me nuts.

Win's a win.

I found all the goals against today were off defensive break downs. Weir's give away to Lupul in the slot. Hoffman's poor back check coverage. I don't remember the other two goals...

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
I wouldn't switch Cowen and Weir yet even though I hate Weir, I think Cowen needs some time to get confident, he's playing awesome and I think he's our only hope for a top 4 dman. Weir is ****ing soft and slow it's crazy.

Hoffman could've scored 3, man we can't hold a lead ffs I almost died, ugly, ugly win but hey last year we lost those so... Karlsson was very good but in OT he had 2 brainfarts. Stone Hoffman Turris were awesome. Mac needs to move up to the 2nd line to help us gain possession, Ryan and Zib are too slow to get the puck. Move on from this game, driving to the game tomorrow !! :)

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
As someone who has never played hockey himself, what were Karlsson doing in OT when he left all defensive assignments behind and just skated towards the opposing goal when the two forwards were right up there?

That's just asking for a breakway the other way, if they don't score, that is.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Def wanna see Wideman in tomorrow, preferably for Weir.
Prince would be nice to see as well but not sure who goes out for him. Neil maybe.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
I don't think it is time to start switching Wiercioch yet. Give the man 5-6 games with Ceci. We were going to give Cowen 10-15, we can give Wiercioch 1/2 that much.

He hasn't even be that bad. Methot's stupidity cost us as much as Wiercioch.

Also, I'm hesitant to break up Cowen's thing with Boro. I didnt trust it at first, but since it is work, I don't want to rearrange the deck chairs just yet.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
****ing Leafs. Every ****ing time. I swear i had deja vu watching that game.

A win is a win though.

This team still needs to learn how to keep leads though.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Def wanna see Wideman in tomorrow, preferably for Weir.
Prince would be nice to see as well but not sure who goes out for him. Neil maybe.

If Wideman comes in for Weir we would likely see Cowen with Ceci and Boro move back to the left side with Wideman on the right

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Too soon to move Cowen up. We don't want to make that mistake again. Give him at least a dozen games on the third pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad