Pre-Game Talk: SENS in Toronto Sat. 7:00 pm on SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Oduya has actually been pretty good these past 4ish games.

I'm fine if we want to continue showcasing him for the deadline. If his recent improved play turns into a draft pick a few rounds higher than we would have got otherwise, that's a win in my books.

And I believe, what you've outlined, is exactly what the plan was all along when they signed him last summer.

I'm sure they felt they had some prospects, including Harpur and Claesson, that would compete for ice time at the NHL level... and Oduya was just an insurance policy, just in case none of the prospects "won a job", and then trade him on TDD.

Turns out that Dorion made a pretty good insurance signing, as we've seen a number of regular D men out of the line up for extended periods of time, and Harpur and Claesson never really broke into the line up.

I know it's popular in this forum for "fans" to hate Oduya with a passion, but for what he is, and what he's done this season, he pretty much filled the need that Dorion felt when he signed him.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
It's the Sun. Period.

Concerns about quality and accuracy are par for the course.

You do know that the Sun chain is part of the Postmedia chain, that includes the Citizen ....... and about 70% of the articles in the Ottawa Sun also appear in the Citizen, verbatim?

Reactions: aragorn

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
Because Rob Ford is alive, and still Mayor in Toronto?
You're being un-necessarily smug.

Doug Ford v Kathleen Wynne is absolutely Toronto/Ottawa Sun headline worthy today. If you simply glance at the image, without inspecting that the picture was of Rob Ford, it's very easy to be fooled.

I'm not following the Ontario election that closely, so Ford could have swiped at Wynne without it appearing on my radar. That swipe at the Senator's org seemed out of place, so that's why I checked the date. After that, it all started to make sense.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
4 hours to g0 :popcorn:

What a *****. Can’t even drop the gloves to fight human twig Ryan Dzingel.
27867948_10216104405429723_3532218991543831901_n.jpg

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
I don't think you know the definition of suck as it applies to sports.
Psst. I can read standings, and watch hockey games and see that the Toronto Maple Leafs are having a much much better season than the Ottawa Senators. I'm having fun being a fan that actively dislikes the Leafs (well, their fans actually). Don't tell anyone.

Reactions: aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Whats your lineup?

Well, since you asked:

Hoffman - Duchene - White
Dzingel - Brassard - Stone
Smith - Pageau - Gagné
McCormick - Paul - Rodewald

Phaneuf - Karlsson
Chabot - Ceci
Boroweicki - Harpur/Claesson

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Well, since you asked:

Hoffman - Duchene - White
Dzingel - Brassard - Stone
Smith - Pageau - Gagné
McCormick - Paul - Rodewald

Phaneuf - Karlsson
Chabot - Ceci
Boroweicki - Harpur/Claesson

How can you have watched Rodewald during his stint here and think that he is NHL ready

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
How can you have watched Rodewald during his stint here and think that he is NHL ready

I prefer a bigger tougher 4th line than the players that are in the lineup now who I think are not NHL players either. Is Dumont an NHL player, what about Paajarvi or Burrows at this stage of his career? I don't want Pyatt or DiDo in the lineup either & would rather see our prospects, besides what does it matter at this point since they are not making the playoffs? Now is the time to play the prospects & get rid of all these GB boys who suck.

Reactions: Cosmix
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad