Pre-Game Talk: SENS in Florida, Mon 7:30pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Young.. yet old at the same time. Like that weird tanned kid in internet memes..

nineth-overall-draft-pick-brian-lee-of-the-ottawa-senators-poses-with-picture-id53307318

Man, Muckler looked old from like 1992 on. Maybe even earlier than that. I think he was born looking that way.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Patrick ****ing Wiercoch

Of the list someone posted a page back, he's the one I hated the least, among the ones I hated the most.

He showed some nice things. What was frustrating was his lack of consistency and establishment as a top 4 D night in night out. He showed flashes up until days before he was traded ,which made me hate him less than guys like Cowen, Lee, etc. who were just straight trash for months, see year(s), before we let go of them.

Patty was awesome during the Cinderella run, and in the playoffs too vs the Habs. Loved his play down that stretch. Too bad he didn't take that extra step. Anyone remember when we started the season with Cowen-Wiercioch as a 2nd pairing because Murray thought that would work? LOL. Talk about foot speed, or lack thereof :laugh:

Reactions: Hands of Stone

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Of the list someone posted a page back, he's the one I hated the least, among the ones I hated the most.

He showed some nice things. What was frustrating was his lack of consistency and establishment as a top 4 D night in night out. He showed flashes up until days before he was traded ,which made me hate him less than guys like Cowen, Lee, etc. who were just straight trash for months, see year(s), before we let go of them.

Patty was awesome during the Cinderella run, and in the playoffs too vs the Habs. Loved his play down that stretch. Too bad he didn't take that extra step. Anyone remember when we started the season with Cowen-Wiercioch as a 2nd pairing because Murray thought that would work? LOL. Talk about foot speed, or lack thereof :laugh:

Cool. I thought he was a steaming pile of crap that was over-hyped from the day he came in to the day he left.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Apparently Florida games everyone that attends sits at the bar and watches on a TV, instead of sitting in their seats watching live, at least that was an anecdote I received from a snow bird I know.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Apparently Florida games everyone that attends sits at the bar and watches on a TV, instead of sitting in their seats watching live, at least that was an anecdote I received from a snow bird I know.

That is incorrect.

I have been to a bunch of Panthers games and they just don't get much in the way of attendance. They give tickets away when you buy gas for Gods sake.

One thing that is amazing is that for $100 you can sign your kid up for practices with some Panthers players, with equipment...think it was 4 or 6 practices...$100!!! With equipment!! Those signs were all over the last time I went to a game.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Barrasso?
Definitely Barrasso! Also: Lessard, Kassassinator, Sutton, Commodore, BURROWS...

Never warmed up to Brassard either, I guess mostly because I hated the trade and was a big Ziba fan.

Brian Lee was just a victim of where he was drafted. He was actually a good skater with some skill. Just too shy and lightweight.

Cowen would have been great without the injuries.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Barrasso?

Loved his "Do you want me to stop the ones that go wide too" when asked about pucks going off the post by Scott Oake... and
"I really couldn't give a s--t what you people have to say," Barrasso told CBC's Scott Oake, after being asked if he had heard any of the criticism of his play during Ottawa's two losses to open the series in Toronto.

I loved the guy :laugh: and Scott Oake was such a tool back then

Reactions: aragorn

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
That is incorrect.

I have been to a bunch of Panthers games and they just don't get much in the way of attendance. They give tickets away when you buy gas for Gods sake.

One thing that is amazing is that for $100 you can sign your kid up for practices with some Panthers players, with equipment...think it was 4 or 6 practices...$100!!! With equipment!! Those signs were all over the last time I went to a game.

2 playoff appearances in 16 years where there is probably a good fight for your entertainment dollar. I mean as an overall fan of hockey I would probably be all over going to Panther games if I lived there, but I totally get why their attendance sucks. The location seems "boring" as well for pre and post entertainment festivities. But I could be totally wrong on that last part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad