Pre-Game Talk: SENS in Florida, Mon 7:30pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I think its important for Gaborik and Burrows to play themselves off this roster for next year. I am not sure why either of them are dressing for this team. Neither should have a future here. Decisions like this have plagued the team all year.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Claesson is officially my least favorite defenceman this team has seen in at least a few years.

I'm trying to remember the last Sens defenceman I dislike more than him. It's hard.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Claesson is officially my least favorite defenceman this team has seen in at least a few years.

I'm trying to remember the last Sens defenceman I dislike more than him. It's hard.

He certainly has to be one of the most disappointing players for the Sens this entire season.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I'm sold on Duchene. Watching him play so many games you can see he's a real #1 centre. Wonder what it will cost to re-sign him.

Hard work game by the journeymen including Paajarvi with 2 goals playing close to the net. Good game by Pageau, Ryan and Smith who really worked hard. Hoffman's game didn't jump out at me but it shows how valuable he is. The weak spot for me was Claesson. Too bad his game hasn't improved he does nothing that stands out positively even when his game isn't this bad. I can't see him being here long

Reactions: Deku and DrEasy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I smell a Claesson Cowen poll coming. He really seems to have taken a step back .. it happens. He will never be more than a bottom pairing guy imo.. he just doesn't skate well enough, and he has a lot of weaknesses... He is inconsistent .,. but more consistently bad than good.

Reactions: MarkStone

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I smell a Claesson Cowen poll coming. He really seems to have taken a step back .. it happens. He will never be more than a bottom pairing guy imo.. he just doesn't skate well enough, and he has a lot of weaknesses... He is inconsistent .,. but more consistently bad than good.

Nah, I think I liked Cowen a bit more. Not by a whole lot. I think I give Cowen a pass in this particular head-to-head because of the injuries.

I want to say.... Mike Lundin? For sure I hated Brian Lee more as well, but that's a long, long time ago.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Florida did not look like a very hungry team. They got what they deserved tonight.
On to Tampa for the Sens a back to back against the best team in the East imo.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
Nah, I think I liked Cowen a bit more. Not by a whole lot. I think I give Cowen a pass in this particular head-to-head because of the injuries.

I want to say.... Mike Lundin? For sure I hated Brian Lee more as well, but that's a long, long time ago.
Lundin never really got enough ice/game time for me to really develop a dislike for him. Plus he was only here for one year in a season and playoff run that I mostly have fond memories of (The year of course ended with a game 5 victory over Montreal. NOTHING HAPPENED AFTER).

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

God, I remember still living at home, seeing Lee's mug for the first time on the front page of the Sun on a Sunday morning, and saying to my adolescent self "we drafted that dink?"

Good times.

Reactions: BonkTastic

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
God, I remember still living at home, seeing Lee's mug for the first time on the front page of the Sun on a Sunday morning, and saying to my adolescent self "we drafted that dink?"

Good times.

What? You don’t think it’s a good idea to draft a kid who looks 12?

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
What? You don’t think it’s a good idea to draft a kid who looks 12?
Young.. yet old at the same time. Like that weird tanned kid in internet memes..

nineth-overall-draft-pick-brian-lee-of-the-ottawa-senators-poses-with-picture-id53307318

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad