Pre-Game Talk: SENS in Dallas, Wed 8:00 pm on SN360, FS-SW, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Hope the Sens can keep up the intensity.

Stars just beat the Capitals 4-2, so it won't be an easy game.

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
Looks like another french commentary game for me, I get all the sportsnet channels except "one" and "360", luckily it has not been a reoccurring theme this year that they broadcast on 360.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
It ticks me off that I willingly pay an arm and a leg for cable (in my case, Bell Fibe), knowing full well that I probably overpay for what I get since i basically just watch sports, CTV and the Food network, and I can't watch my town's NHL game because it is on a channel that basically no one has since they make you pay even more for it. I got a big cable subscription so I didn't have to deal with finding streams.

I remember 20 years ago, we'd be lucky to get 2/3 of our games televised. No streams, so we often just listened to the radio because "the game isn't on TV" and that was the end of it. But in this day and age.. I don't know. Given cable subscriptions are plummeting, this seems like a bunch of bull****.

grinds-my-gears.jpg

I guess I'll go back to my humble pirating roots.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Depending on how much work Anderson has to do this game, i would also consider starting Anderson again against the Coyotes.

Condons last two games have been meh.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Depending on how much work Anderson has to do this game, i would also consider starting Anderson again against the Coyotes.

Condons last two games have been meh.

By that logic Condon won't ever play again.....

You have to give him one of the back to backs, so he can get his groove back with a W.
It's not like we're playing teams who are 1. chasing us 2. stronger (Pittsburgh, Minnesota)

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Hopefully they play close to what they have been the past few games. Truly an exciting team and great to watch all 4 lines steamroll a team.

BadMcFadden

Aug 17, 2011
It ticks me off that I willingly pay an arm and a leg for cable (in my case, Bell Fibe), knowing full well that I probably overpay for what I get since i basically just watch sports, CTV and the Food network, and I can't watch my town's NHL game because it is on a channel that basically no one has since they make you pay even more for it. I got a big cable subscription so I didn't have to deal with finding streams.

I remember 20 years ago, we'd be lucky to get 2/3 of our games televised. No streams, so we often just listened to the radio because "the game isn't on TV" and that was the end of it. But in this day and age.. I don't know. Given cable subscriptions are plummeting, this seems like a bunch of bull****.

grinds-my-gears.jpg

In a similar boat - I would gladly pay a reasonable price for all senators games. We do not need cable and I'm not paying installation fee plus $60/month or whatever it is now just to watch hockey games - especially when its still not even all of them! I looked at the "skinny packages" that are supposed to cater to people who dont want a lot of channels - yeah right, its like $25 for the basics which includes zilch for sports channels, then another $20-25 to add a basic sports package of like sportsnet and TSN? Wait, now I'm paying the same as I would for the normal basic cable package...

I assume since Rogers spent huge money on NHL broadcasting rights that this is their only hope to recoup that investment - make it so the only game in town is a big expensive cable package. I have no idea how much of a minority I am but I would gladly pay them I don't know - $5/game? $20/month? $100 for the season? and right now they get $0 from me.

Instead I listen to the games on TSN 1200 and then watch the replays they post to facebook and/or highlights the next day on nhl.com. Not nearly as good as watching a game live in HD but you get used to it.

It'd take the edge off if there were more Saturday CBC games - but Sens appear to be third in that pecking order so we only see CBC streams if they play TO or MTL on a Saturday night ><

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa

grinds-my-gears.jpg

You and me both.

I explicitly asked the sales guy if all Sens game would be on the TSN and SN channels I got. Otherwise it wouldn't be worth it to me. "Yes." I guess I can't fault him, I believed him, and he's a sales weasel by nature.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I have no idea why, but I thought tonight was Wednesday and was about to rant how I couldn't even watch the game on GCL (I'm out of market).

Then I realized that it was Tuesday and got sad because it means I've got another 24 hours to go before the weekend.

Sens With Benefits

Feb 4, 2010
Canada
I have no idea why, but I thought tonight was Wednesday and was about to rant how I couldn't even watch the game on GCL (I'm out of market).

Then I realized that it was Tuesday and got sad because it means I've got another 24 hours to go before the weekend.

I live in market and Game Center games don't work if they are on TSN.

Punchbowl

Apr 4, 2010
It's bizarre that I have an easier time catching Sens games than you guys living in Ottawa despite living way outside the market. GCL just so happens to come with our phone package so we get 82 games a year no problem.

Yet you guys have to pay an arm and a leg to watch your local team? It's baffling. I feel for you guys

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
Dallas has the 3rd worst goals against average in the league and the worst PK in the league at a startling 74.1%. If there was ever a chance of getting the PP going it would be this game.

Senacus Maximus

Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
In a similar boat - I would gladly pay a reasonable price for all senators games. We do not need cable and I'm not paying installation fee plus $60/month or whatever it is now just to watch hockey games - especially when its still not even all of them! I looked at the "skinny packages" that are supposed to cater to people who dont want a lot of channels - yeah right, its like $25 for the basics which includes zilch for sports channels, then another $20-25 to add a basic sports package of like sportsnet and TSN? Wait, now I'm paying the same as I would for the normal basic cable package...

I assume since Rogers spent huge money on NHL broadcasting rights that this is their only hope to recoup that investment - make it so the only game in town is a big expensive cable package. I have no idea how much of a minority I am but I would gladly pay them I don't know - $5/game? $20/month? $100 for the season? and right now they get $0 from me.

Instead I listen to the games on TSN 1200 and then watch the replays they post to facebook and/or highlights the next day on nhl.com. Not nearly as good as watching a game live in HD but you get used to it.

It'd take the edge off if there were more Saturday CBC games - but Sens appear to be third in that pecking order so we only see CBC streams if they play TO or MTL on a Saturday night ><

Seems like the best thing to do is move out of town, and get GCL. :laugh:Cable is a waste of money.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I'm curious to see how this game goes down. Dallas has no defensive structure and we have a fast paced forecheck and we clog the neutral zone so it'll be harder for them to generate offense. They have guys who can always make a difference though so if Pageau can neutralize the Seguin line we'll win this one.

Aurilius

Nov 12, 2015
Hostage in Canada's Basement
I payed for GCL a few years ago only to have blackouts of any games vs the Rangers Isles Devils Penguins Sabre's and Fliers. Then the entire Playoffs was Blacked out. I Fly the Black. ARRGGG!

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
It's bizarre that I have an easier time catching Sens games than you guys living in Ottawa despite living way outside the market. GCL just so happens to come with our phone package so we get 82 games a year no problem.

Yet you guys have to pay an arm and a leg to watch your local team? It's baffling. I feel for you guys

GCL is for out of market games.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Love GCL when gamers are on sportsnet. Recently got a cable package and its amazing for the hockey needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad