GDT: SENS in Calgary, Friday night 9:00 pm on TSN

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Friendly passer by. How did Chabot look last night? Is he getting PP time?

15 minutes of total icetime with 5 minutes of PP time.

We did have a lot of PPs in this one.

Probably his best performance to date. (of his two games played)

Got his first NHL point on a sweet pass. Ended up a +3.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
YLVyjE.jpg

Good start to the season . 4 players with at least a point a game. Gotta figure EK is proud of the boys

Hoffman is also ppg.. Post per game.

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
Literally everyone who "hated on him" last year has come out and said how great he's played.

Will everyone that thinks he's amazing come out and say when he's played terrible? No.

But 4 games isn't enough for me to say "wow. I'm wrong I was wrong". Yes yes I know. I should go support the Habs if I hate this team so much. (Not directed to you).

I respect your opinion but I have to say that I think your are painting a different situation than I saw last year. There was some fair criticism about Ceci last year but sometimes it got out of hand and it wasn't proportional to his play on the ice. I don't think it is accurate to call you a Ceci hater but it's not fair either to label people who didn't agree with your assessments as "apologists" or "Ceci lovers".

Yes, some posters get overboard when they tell you to cheer for someone else but that's a super small minority of posters here. We can have a discussion about players without having to resort to name calling. Both sides of the the pessimist/optimist spectrum have valid opinions but they are also both guilty of the things I mentioned above.

I think it's just time to move on from last season honestly. Last year was last year. We have a brand new season ahead of us and we'll get plenty of occasions to disagree with one another ;).

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I respect your opinion but I have to say that I think your are painting a different situation than I saw last year. There was some fair criticism about Ceci last year but sometimes it got out of hand and it wasn't proportional to his play on the ice. I don't think it is accurate to call you a Ceci hater but it's not fair either to label people who didn't agree with your assessments as "apologists" or "Ceci lovers".

Yes, some posters get overboard when they tell you to cheer for someone else but that's a super small minority of posters here. We can have a discussion about players without having to resort to name calling. Both sides of the the pessimist/optimist spectrum have valid opinions but they are also both guilty of the things I mentioned above.

I think it's just time to move on from last season honestly. Last year was last year. We have a brand new season ahead of us and we'll get plenty of occasions to disagree with one another ;).
When I say ceci lovers and haters it's just the only two ways I know how seperate them lol.

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Maybe this is the real issue.
Lol poor wording. But I think the ceci situation properly create last a spectrum. He's Hebrew most polarizing figure to discuss these days.

Much like spezza although I was on the opposite side of the spezza spectrum than I am for ceci.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
I don't think Dzingel is going to get 20.

I agree with everything else.

It's nice to see Turris put some points up because he was struggling a bit with his timing and such in the earlier games.

What I like in his game this year are his in game adjustments. Gets his nosed smashed in with a stick the other night, team unable to score the the 4-min PP, he scores a key goal securing a point. Then takes a stick on his mouth last night, team unable to score on yet another 4 min PP, he misses on a SweeEEt set up by Turris by putting on Smith's pads, gets another sweet pass later in the game, puts it perfectly upstairs. In game adjustments, a sophomore yet to hit a slump, he was close to hitting 20 last year, is opportunistic, fast, and doesn't get negatively affected by physical plays on him..call me optimistic but I think it's realistic based on how he's performed since last season.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
What I like in his game this year are his in game adjustments. Gets his nosed smashed in with a stick the other night, team unable to score the the 4-min PP, he scores a key goal securing a point. Then takes a stick on his mouth last night, team unable to score on yet another 4 min PP, he misses on a SweeEEt set up by Turris by putting on Smith's pads, gets another sweet pass later in the game, puts it perfectly upstairs. In game adjustments, a sophomore yet to hit a slump, he was close to hitting 20 last year, is opportunistic, fast, and doesn't get negatively affected by physical plays on him..call me optimistic but I think it's realistic based on how he's performed since last season.

I certainly hope that you are right. He has the wheels and the nose for the net.

I'm just a bit worried about his hands and his propensity to shoot the puck at the crest of the goalie in terms of whether he's a legitimate top six guy.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Might I add, this team looks hard to beat in 60 minutes, with Karlsson added I feel they will be close to the team we saw in the playoffs under Boucher's system, despite key personnel losses in Methot and MacArthur. I feel the bottom-6 is also coming along after some early struggles.

Great start.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
I certainly hope that you are right. He has the wheels and the nose for the net.

I'm just a bit worried about his hands and his propensity to shoot the puck at the crest of the goalie in terms of whether he's a legitimate top six guy.

Ahahaha

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Dzingle said something lime he is supersticious so he wanted to talk with the media before last game again. Couple hour later, get bloodied again and score.

The rumors are that Dzingle will ask a teammate to open him up again so that he scored every game.

What a guy !!

:sarcasm:

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
Dzingle said something lime he is supersticious so he wanted to talk with the media before last game again. Couple hour later, get bloodied again and score.

The rumors are that Dzingle will ask a teammate to open him up again so that he scored every game.

What a guy !!

:sarcasm:

Ottawa fans after hearing Dzingel scores every time he bleeds:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I agree with all this. I wonder if moving around the wingers could yield a bit more out of both lines? The Brassard line has been so good but what if they swapped Ryan and Hoffman? Feel like Ryan could open space for Turris and Dzingel. Then you get Hoff playing with a couple of playmakers on the top line.

Might work to put Hoffman with Turris; however, the QoC would go up. Hoff
on third line means lower QoC and probably more space and opportunity for Hoff to get scoring chances.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
All my sports teams have beaten me into cynicism lmao. A cynic is the last thing I would describe myself as outside the world of sports though.

Too many people act like being a cynic is a crime. "Adopting" cynicism in a small part f my life has actually made me realize it's not so bad. Just another POV

I mean. Ottawa senators. Minnesota Vikings. Internazionale. I've had a rough go at sports fandom haha.

So true. Being a fan of teams that never win year in year out can punish you so much that eventually it kills your optimism.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Lol poor wording. But I think the ceci situation properly create last a spectrum. He's Hebrew most polarizing figure to discuss these days.

Much like spezza although I was on the opposite side of the spezza spectrum than I am for ceci.

What does "the ceci situation properly create last a spectrum" mean for us lower IQ folk?

"He's Hebrew " Ceci is? I did not know that.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
What does "the ceci situation properly create last a spectrum" mean for us lower IQ folk?

"He's Hebrew " Ceci is? I did not know that.

Statement from press secretary:

Burrowsaurus and a select few close to burrowsaurus know exactly what all that means.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad