Pre-Game Talk: Sens in Arizona tonight 9:00pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Hope they leave Turris out so his finger can heal more completely. It worked last night despite Dallas pressure and speed. D looked like it was having fun as well. 3 from the back end is a great push.

Assume Condon gets the nod on a back to back

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Yup. I think beating Dallas gives us a little more confidence in the Turris-less roster as well as a little more breathing room for error. Going 1 in 3 on a road trip isn't ideal but if it lets you get your #1 center back healthy, then it's worth it.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Starting goaltender?
Dido in or Classeman staying?

hmm. claesson did have a pretty good game. but might be a good time to get dido in. Assuming he has looked good in practice and is ready.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
We need a point at least tonight

Boston is coming hard at us

Would be huuuge to have home ice advantage against them

GO SENS GO

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Aww, man, 9pm? I can only really watch the first half of the game, then. Can we play this one on Dallas time? 8pm start would be perfect for me!

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
Should be noted that this is our last game of the season where we play tired vs a rested team. Every other game is either fresh vs fresh or tired vs tired so that is nice

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
We need a point at least tonight

Boston is coming hard at us

Would be huuuge to have home ice advantage against them

GO SENS GO

We are 4 points up with 2 games in hand. I wouldn't say we NEED a point, but it really would be great to get 1 or 2. Given the competition, the expectation should be at least one.

Aww, man, 9pm? I can only really watch the first half of the game, then. Can we play this one on Dallas time? 8pm start would be perfect for me!

I'll put a call in to Gary and see what we can do here.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
220px-5ive_-_Invincible.jpeg

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
We are 4 points up with 2 games in hand. I wouldn't say we NEED a point, but it really would be great to get 1 or 2. Given the competition, the expectation should be at least one.

Still like to take at least one of the two remaining Boston games to be safe. Habs are the team of interest now. And they have found some confidence now with Julien.

2 from tonight would be helpful

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014

Ditto

Given the competition is what I forgot to write

Mtl and Boston are going to be a lot tougher games down the strech

Need to capitalize on weaker teams

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I wonder if tonight is the night we see the two new comers who have yet to see a game since arriving in Ottawa in Jyrki Jokipakka & Chris Didomenico? I would imagine they might want to give Phaneuf (sick) & Boro (left shoulder) a rest & maybe dress 12 forwards even for the next two games against Arz & Col. I also doubt we see Turris for the remainder of this road trip.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
yeah I would do it. give phaneuf and boro a rest, put in claesson and dido/jokipakka

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Hopefully the deadline acquisitions help us shake off the trend of playing like **** against **** teams

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It's too bad we don't get Turris in the line-up because Arizona fans are still extremely salty about Kyle years later.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It's too bad we don't get Turris in the line-up because Arizona fans are still extremely salty about Kyle years later.

Kyle Turris suffocating them with a perfectly executed 1-3-1 all game long would be pretty funny.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
I wonder if tonight is the night we see the two new comers who have yet to see a game since arriving in Ottawa in Jyrki Jokipakka & Chris Didomenico? I would imagine they might want to give Phaneuf (sick) & Boro (left shoulder) a rest & maybe dress 12 forwards even for the next two games against Arz & Col. I also doubt we see Turris for the remainder of this road trip.

Yes, this is a smart play. And Boucher would probably like to see what he has in these two.

Pairings??

Claesson - Karlsson
Methot - Ceci
Jokipakka - Wideman

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
We'll win. Arizona is trash and can't play a spoiler role when our playoff spot is locked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad