Confirmed with Link: Sens hire three new scouts

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
This is going to put a dangerously big dent in the Sens' budget, especially after the big hike in minimum wage.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
This is positive news. They may get this tire fire under control yet!

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
At $15/hour, this is wise and thrifty spending by Melnyk, although there are rumours that Havluj is an adult high school intern. At $10 a pop, I mean "any idiot can spend money" and Melnyk ain't one.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Good news again! It looks like the front office and management is starting to flesh out.

looks like things are starting to happen :)

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
This is going to put a dangerously big dent in the Sens' budget, especially after the big hike in minimum wage.
Worst case scenario is they actually draft good players that expect reasonable contracts. We aren’t made of money!

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Great thing to see. We desperately need more scouts.

But, don't we already have Quebec and the Maritimes covered already? Why have 2 out of the 3 new hires re-covering the same area?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Great thing to see. We desperately need more scouts.

But, don't we already have Quebec and the Maritimes covered already? Why have 2 out of the 3 new hires re-covering the same area?

Mann and Murray were our Q/Maritime guys, at least Mann was prior to becoming our DOA. Murray was let go in February, these guys are replacing the 2 guys we let go plus an extra guy.

De Blois was in contact with Sens scouting staff a lot in the past 3 years.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Mann and Murray were our Q/Maritime guys, at least Mann was prior to becoming our DOA. Murray was let go in February, these guys are replacing the 2 guys we let go plus an extra guy.

That makes a little more sense. A tad disappointing that we lose Mann in that spot, and that 3 new hires really means 1 new position created. But it's a start.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Coulda hired Moe, Larry and Shemp for all I care - an investment in hockey operations?!?

Where’s this money coming from, new part owners?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Coulda hired Moe, Larry and Shemp for all I care - an investment in hockey operations?!?

Where’s this money coming from, new part owners?
It's less than 200k combined I would think, don't think it's from a big influx in cash

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Filling positions that should have never been available, months after the draft. Ok.

Makes you wonder why we let those other scouts go in the first place.

Oh yeah, this team has no plan.

Reactions: Gil Gunderson

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
The Petr Havlůj hire seems so bizarre. I read about him once as part of the youth team of Kladno (Jágr's old/current team), then it looks like last year he was playing in the third-highest league, now he's retired from playing and is a scout for the Sens? I'm actually kind of hoping it's a coincidence and it's actually a different Petr Havlůj, will keep my eyes open for more news...

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Filling positions that should have never been available, months after the draft. Ok.

Makes you wonder why we let those other scouts go in the first place.

Oh yeah, this team has no plan.

part of the plan was to expand hockey operations wasn't it? They dI'd communicate that didn't they? so we have 4 new hires this week prior to the season starting. That's good isn't it? It's what they said they'd do isn't it? Hopefully they can continue to do it

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
part of the plan was to expand hockey operations wasn't it? They dI'd communicate that didn't they? so we have 4 new hires this week prior to the season starting. That's good isn't it? It's what they said they'd do isn't it? Hopefully they can continue to do it

The point is they shrunk them down so much, that barely expanding them back to normal shouldn't earn them any credit.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
The Petr Havlůj hire seems so bizarre. I read about him once as part of the youth team of Kladno (Jágr's old/current team), then it looks like last year he was playing in the third-highest league, now he's retired from playing and is a scout for the Sens? I'm actually kind of hoping it's a coincidence and it's actually a different Petr Havlůj, will keep my eyes open for more news...

It's the very same Petr, yes. Him and Flannagan are both fringe NHL players who just retired and have no scouting experience.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
It's the very same Petr, yes. Him and Flannagan are both fringe NHL players who just retired and have no scouting experience.

If it's the same (22-year-old) guy though, he is not a fringe NHL player, he was a fringe Czech second-division player

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
It's less than 200k combined I would think, don't think it's from a big influx in cash

Pretty sure these guys are the biggest name free agents we’ve signed in over a year!

That being said, an additional 200K to a league low front office still leaves it at the bottom.

We do have a tendency to find amazing scouts though - in optimistic. If Mann approves, so do I.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Meh. Mikko Ruutu who is now the chief European scout was hired as a 26 year old not long after being forced to retire because of injury. None of us are really in a position to judge the hiring at the moment. It was likely a recommendation, and there is probably a good reason he was hired.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad