Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
There's 2 ways we get Montreal:

Ottawa wins vs Flyers in any fashion
Detroit loses vs Carolina in regulation
Montreal loses vs Toronto in regulation
Tampa Bay wins vs Boston in any fashion

That would be a 2 v 3 divisional battle between Montreal and Ottawa

For the second scenario there's many ways it can happen but basically Montreal must get a point or a TB loss to secure top seed in the Atlantic. Then one of Boston or Pittsburgh has to finish behind us in the standings (in the 2nd WC spot) while Detroit stays ahead. there are several scenarios in which this happens so I'm not gonna list it haha

To simplify the second scenario, there's three conditions required:
1. Montreal finishes at least one point ahead of Tampa Bay.
2. Detroit finishes at least one point ahead of us.
3. We finish at least one point ahead of Boston AND one of the Penguins or Islanders

Last edited:

mattsens

Jun 22, 2011
Ottawa
To simplify the second scenario, there's three conditions required:
1. Montreal finishes at least one point ahead of Tampa Bay
2. Detroit gains a point vs Carolina
3. We finish at least one point ahead of Boston AND one of the Penguins or Islanders

So essentially, every Sens fan who doesn't want to play the Rangers in the first round (I would think most), should be cheering for the Islanders tonight as that would put us in control of our destiny in not only making the playoffs but also avoiding the Rangers.

EDIT: An Isles win in regulation, that is

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
So essentially, every Sens fan who doesn't want to play the Rangers in the first round (I would think most), should be cheering for the Islanders tonight as that would put us in control of our destiny in not only making the playoffs but also avoiding the Rangers.

EDIT: An Isles win in regulation, that is

We should be cheering for them anyway to keep the hope of Pittsburgh missing the playoffs alive in case we don't take care of business and Boston doesn't help.

Frodo

Nov 8, 2008
Ya exactly. If we lose and Boston wins, we can still get in but only if Pittsburgh loses both games in regulation.

We haven't won anything yet.

GO ISLES!!!!

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
Whats the scenario for us to play the habs?

Cuz NY and TAMPA are going to annihilate us in 4 games I'm afraid

MTL would be a little more even

I don't know, Tampa is beat up on their blueline, I don't want to get ahead of anything here but this year feels like it could be a toss up for the SCF's.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
We are tied in the season series vs Tampa... It would be a tough series but I wouldn't be as worried of them as NYR

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
We are tied in the season series vs Tampa... It would be a tough series but I wouldn't be as worried of them as NYR

This. I was worried about Tampa for a long time, but the closer to the playoffs we get the more I think we could hang with them. They very well may still beat us, but I think it would end up being a tight series.

The Rangers still scare the crap outta me, I don't see a scenario where we take them in a 7 game series. I think they'd need to lose 2-3 of their top players and Hammond/Anderson would still need a steal a game or two. The only silver lining in the Rangers matchup is how good this team has been at MSG lately, but the playoffs are a whole different beast.

The ideal scenario in my mind is Montreal. Price isn't human, and he'll be a handful to deal with, but I truly think we have a better team top to bottom than the Habs do (especially if the Patches injury drags on). Price would probably steal a couple of games, but that's a very winnable series.

Gotta get in first though. Hopefully we take care of business against the Flyers so I'm not a nervous wreck all day Saturday!

Svart

Live Slow, Die Fat
Jul 5, 2006
I need info for my pool.. Is Hammond confirmed as the starter for Game #82 yet?

M4TR1X

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
If Boston wins and we go to OT, we're in.
If we win, we're in.
If Boston loses, we're in.

Still I'd rather see Pittsburgh out more so than Boston.

Let's go Sens, Isles, Lightning, and even Sabres.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The Flyers will definitely want to play spoilers, they have nothing else to play for

It's going to be a tough game

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad