Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Flyers April 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
If all we need is a point in this one, I suggest we dress Phillips. He'll point at at least three things.

Seriously, play for the two here. Don't want to wait for the night games and pray for the bounces.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
So can someone describe how Boston can take a playoff spot instead of Ottawa?

I case Ottawa loses and Boston wins:
Both has 42 wins.
Ottawa has better goal differential. (unless Boston scores more than 15 to 20 goals the last game)
Ottawa has won 3 out of 5 games vs Boston.
The play in the same division.

According to my calculation Boston can have at most the same amount of points as Ottawa and Ottawa is better at every statistics.

So how is it possible that Boston can still get a playoff spot?

Edit: Is it the regulation and over-time wins that decides it then? That is f***ing stupid imo.

Last edited:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
According to my calculation Boston can have at most the same amount of points as Ottawa and Ottawa is better at every statistics.

So how is it possible that Boston can still get a playoff spot?

Not every statistic.

Boston has more ROW (regulation + overtime wins) (37 to 36).

We would need to win (in regulation or overtime) in order to be tied in that statistic, but winning puts us ahead in points anyway.

Ottawa needs to get at least a point in the game against Philadelphia in order to qualify irrespective of how Boston does against Tampa Bay.

philb613

Feb 9, 2011
Ottawa
Leaving for Philly in 20 minutes can't wait to see us clinch live. Look for all the Boro jerseys and that'll be us.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
If all we need is a point in this one, I suggest we dress Phillips. He'll point at at least three things.

Seriously, play for the two here. Don't want to wait for the night games and pray for the bounces.

:facepalm: Alright dad.

And yeah, play for 2... I want to see this game in the books and be able to enjoy the evening just watching for seeding, not hoping we fall into the playoffs.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
Play for the win, We struggle against both goaltenders but Mason (6-2-1 Vs Ottawa) has had a longer history against us. Emery is 2-0-1

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
We'll win against Boston for you guys! For extra protection depending on the Philly game outcome.

muffin with tentacle

Jan 28, 2006
Ottawa
Couple weeks ago when we pulled ahead of Boston and were suddenly >50% to make the playoffs, we had 3 stinkers in a row! I'm worried we only play well when our chances are remote.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Couple weeks ago when we pulled ahead of Boston and were suddenly >50% to make the playoffs, we had 3 stinkers in a row! I'm worried we only play well when our chances are remote.

Well 2 of those games Anderson played. Not blaming Anderson, but i think it was obvious that the team played different in front of him and he also may still have been playing hurt.

yoplait

May 4, 2011
Have a final exam when the game is playing. I dont know how my body will cope with that much stress and not being able to know how we're doing.

mattsens

Jun 22, 2011
Ottawa
It's crazy to think we can end Saturday anywhere from the 3rd divisional spot to either wild card spot to not making the playoffs at all. Are we playing the Rangers, Canadiens, Tampa Bay or golf?

... Biggest game of the season...

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
It's crazy to think we can end Saturday anywhere from the 3rd divisional spot to either wild card spot to not making the playoffs at all. Are we playing the Rangers, Canadiens, Tampa Bay or golf?

Whats the scenario for us to play the habs?

Cuz NY and TAMPA are going to annihilate us in 4 games I'm afraid

MTL would be a little more even

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

That's actually ridiculous.

dingbatz

Apr 20, 2013

If Pittsburgh gets two points or less in their next two games, we beat Philadelphia and Detroit wins their last game we play Montreal I think. Montreal has to get at least a point against Toronto as well. We need to stay ahead of Pittsburgh and Boston, but behind Detroit basically.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I wish this game was on when the Bruins game is on.

If the Sens lose in regulation, i don't know if i will be able to take waiting all day to just see if the Sens make the playoffs or not.

mattsens

Jun 22, 2011
Ottawa

There's 2 ways we get Montreal:

Ottawa wins vs Flyers in any fashion
Detroit loses vs Carolina in regulation
Montreal loses vs Toronto in regulation
Tampa Bay wins vs Boston in any fashion

That would be a 2 v 3 divisional battle between Montreal and Ottawa

For the second scenario there's many ways it can happen but basically Montreal must get a point or a TB loss to secure top seed in the Atlantic. Then one of Boston or Pittsburgh has to finish behind us in the standings (in the 2nd WC spot) while Detroit stays ahead. there are several scenarios in which this happens so I'm not gonna list it haha

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
After last night I get the same vibe from the Sens as when they were on the great Western swing. Feeling good about tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad