Confirmed with Link: Sens Extend Methot - 4 years, $4.9 million per year

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
He probably left 2-3 million dollars (before tax) on the table to play for the Senators

It's also up to the team and management to live up to his decision to stay

Ha, what a dummy. I'm making a sign now about how dumb he is.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
The highest an individual can pay in taxes in canada is 35% on his highest tax bracket, the majority if his salary is in that bracket tho, don't know how he would have to pay more in taxes. I have no idea about agent fee's I doubt its above 5% but what do I know?

That's not true.

I believe the highest rate is around 42% combined income tax between Feds and Ontario if you live in Ontario. 29% on income over 138k federally, and 13.16% on income over 220k in Ontario.

So he gets taxed at 42% on every dollar he makes over 220k/per year.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/fq/txrts-eng.html

Then yeah, the agent takes another couple percent normally.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
That's not true.

I believe the highest rate is around 42% combined income tax between Feds and Ontario if you live in Ontario. 29% on income over 138k federally, and 13.16% on income over 220k in Ontario.

Wait what? He makes quite a bit more than 220K/per year with a 4.9 million dollar salary per year.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Ya, I ****ed up, my bad. I forgot how we went over Bobby Ryan's contract in class, we only used the marginal tax rate to figure out how much taxes he paid for some reason.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Karlsson is probably happier than Meth right now. Expecting a big game from him tonight.

Knowing how sens fans work the team will probably get blown out and methot will play awful and everyone will go nuts screaming at eachother :P

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Awesome news!

Great cap hit, great term... there's literally nothing to dislike here.

I'm sure we can find something if we look hard enough...

Ok I think I got it; by inking this deal, we now can rest assured that management is happy with the status quo on our back end. Don't expect us to be looking for an upgrade any time soon.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Wow! What a deal! I'm officially excited for the future! Not signing Methot would have been the worst move in all of Murray's tenure, imo.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Knowing how sens fans work the team will probably get blown out and methot will play awful and everyone will go nuts screaming at eachother :P

Indeed. I am thoroughly looking forward to tonight GDT.

I'm sure we can find something if we look hard enough...

Ok I think I got it; by inking this deal, we now can rest assured that management is happy with the status quo on our back end. Don't expect us to be looking for an upgrade any time soon.

How dare you. :laugh:

You're likely right, though. Sigh.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Very happy, Karlsson's play since he is back is night and day. Karl loves to play with him and it is very nice that we will have the 2 of them playing together again for a while! Great way to wake up this morning for me! Now if we could help them a bit we'd be set

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
That's not true.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/fq/txrts-eng.html

not tax --> Eugene pays them all in the Cayman Islands... tax free. :sarcasm:

JK

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
On an unrelated note, it always surprises me, as a complete outsider, why these deals take so long to culminate. Just sit down with the guy, be like ok listen, we proposed 4.7, you wanted 5+, whaddya say we sign at 4.9? Done.

I guess that's absolutely not how things work in pro sports. But it just seems so (overly) simple.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Nice deal. And good job L'Aveuglette for predicting that this would happen yesterday.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
prince might be the happiest. man guys are going to come out happy tonight!:nod:

Everyone except Hoffman. Its been said before but he needs to work on his happiness.

But in all seriousness, I hope that Back injury was just a fluke and wont be a reoccuring issue.

2XPRO31

Jul 13, 2007
On an unrelated note, it always surprises me, as a complete outsider, why these deals take so long to culminate. Just sit down with the guy, be like ok listen, we proposed 4.7, you wanted 5+, whaddya say we sign at 4.9? Done.

I guess that's absolutely not how things work in pro sports. But it just seems so (overly) simple.

The fact that Methot was out with a long term injury probably slowed things down a bit

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013

My guess is Murray gave methot an ultimatum. Probably said this is the last contract offer you'll get from us and we have a deal lined up to trade you.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
prince might be the happiest. man guys are going to come out happy tonight!:nod:

Not a chance anyone can be happier than Lazar. Dudes so happy management kept him up with the big club just for the positive vibes.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
Guys, I'm an accountant. I did the *rough* calculations (as we don't know the exact details of his contract, if he has any investments, if he pits anything into a tfsa or rrsp, if he pays cpp or ei, ect.), but it looklike he keeps about 2.665 million a year.

Edit- I didn't realize it was USD. Don't feel like doing it again

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad