Player Discussion Sens Claim Anton Forsberg (G)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
You'd have to imagine that the 2 year/4M [2M AAV] extension that Francouz signed with Colorado puts a ceiling on what Forsberg can expect as a free agent.

Reactions: Yak

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
At this point with Murray out long-term I think Forsberg is probably here to stay, at least for the rest of the year.

While it would have been nice to trade him and get an asset, I'm looking forward to seeing Forsberg and Gustavsson hopefully split starts to finish the season. Will give us a better indication of whether Forsberg is legit and whether Gustavsson is ready.

Should make it easier to decide what to do with our goalies in the off-season.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
At this point with Murray out long-term I think Forsberg is probably here to stay, at least for the rest of the year.

While it would have been nice to trade him and get an asset, I'm looking forward to seeing Forsberg and Gustavsson hopefully split starts to finish the season. Will give us a better indication of whether Forsberg is legit and whether Gustavsson is ready.

Should make it easier to decide what to do with our goalies in the off-season.
I hope we sign Forsberg before he gets to open market.

We all know goalies are voodoo but this has the trajectory of a guy maturing in to his game IMO. My amateur eye shows he has sound positioning and is athletic enough to recover for some big saves.

If we can get him at a reasonable rate I would go 2 or 3 years, sort out the Murray situation either by LTIR or buy-out.

Next year with Fors and Gus doesn't seem bad to me at this point and we should have a good idea if the team is ready to truly compete with Pinto/Sanderson and a more mature and healthy lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad