GDT: Sens @ Bruins Dec. 29, 7 p.m., RDS2, TSN5

Status
Not open for further replies.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Karlsson with 34+ mins, and we play tomorrow night. How can anderson and karlsson be reasonably expected to be sharp by the end of the season?

WhiteLight*

Karlsson with 34+ mins, and we play tomorrow night. How can anderson and karlsson be reasonably expected to be sharp by the end of the season?

Hammond got this

Murray don't got this (at getting another D)

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Yeah, from what I saw, Cowen was tied up with a guy that wasn't a willing combatant. So, I guess he could mug the guy and be a total weasel...

I'm not saying Cowen should have done that. I'm saying that since they had no one who would fight him, and since he's not a weasel, he didn't fight. It had nothing to do with him not wanting to, he just didn't find someone willing to take him on.

Edit: I'm realizing now you were just adding on to what I said. Mah bad.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I'm not saying Cowen should have done that. I'm saying that since they had no one who would fight him, and since he's not a weasel, he didn't fight. It had nothing to do with him not wanting to, he just didn't find someone willing to take him on.

Neil was double-teamed there for a good 10 seconds. If anything, Cowen should've gotten his butt in there and pulled a guy off his teammate.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Respect to Chara. Class.
Bergeron too, although he is annoyingly good.

The rest are a bunch of weasels

Krejci is fine too, the rest are garbage. Rinaldo and Marchand especially. I'd get my ass kicked but I swear I'd try them both. I am 193 pounds at 6 and 2 I tell you I'd try my best just to punch their fugly faces. Too bad couldn't make it further than some Q games haha. Rinaldo wouldn't go with Neil but as soon as he got a chance to jump someone cheap he did. Marchand got a slashing penalty for a spear, so much to dislike about this game.

Beleskey clothes line to Wideman uncalled, Wideman uncalled by the near ref but called by the one center ice, is there something less credible than that? Even Fraser on Twitter has our back saying Bruins got away with a lot of garbage tonight.

McCormick missed a good one and Chiasson and Smith on the PP are awful. We killed ourselves too, this team isn't going anywhere untî we get a freaking top 4 D , pathetic defense.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Nobody would fight him, that's why he didn't fight. They don't have guys (like Boro did to Chara) who are man enough to stand up to someone bigger than them.

If he didn't have a partner then Cowen should have pushed himself to the corner where DD was getting pummeled if only to stick an arm in there and draw the refs over. I'm very disappointed in this guy. His size is one of the reasons they paid him so much and have been so patient with him. If he can't engage when needed then he may as well not dress since he's just another tall less talented Wier. They might as well keep Wier and let Cowen go since on the puck handling side Wier is a better player!

The Sens needed to know what DD had in him as far as the NHL is concerned but I think he's done in the NHL. As soon as someone comes back (maybe sooner) he's gone. Bet he doesn't even get an AHL contract next year. If they need size Robinson is a bit bigger, as fast or faster and probably about the same in hitting and toughness and he's an RFA next year.

utah

Apr 12, 2006
Cowan stinks. He's gutless and isn't an NHL caliber defenseman.

Cameron is out of his mind, putting Smith and Chiasson out on power plays.

The Senators beat themselves, with help from the referees who missed two blatant dirty plays by Boston.

Oh and Marchand is a little puke who should be suspended.

That's all.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
I guess I'm in the minority who thinks they played a strong game. Weak holding penalties in the first and inability to PK and PP killed them.

They actually out-attempted strong possession team in their building. That's only like 2nd or 3rd time this year.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I guess I'm in the minority who thinks they played a strong game. Weak holding penalties in the first and inability to PK abd PP killed them.

They actually out-attempted strong possession team in their building. That's only like 2nd or 3rd time this year.

We actually did play well. We lost it after the 6-3 quick goal. Whatever.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I thought Prince had a good game.
Actually the 4th line had a good game.
Zibby demotion lit a fire which is a great response.
Our D ... well its been all year .. :help:
Turris missed a couple great chances to pull us even.
Hoffman is still at > 1 pt /game.. could have been better
Ryan looked off ... not feeling his hand likely a lot to do with it
Burning Karlsson and Andy out. It will have consequences.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005

I just am mad from the brief view of the nonchalent expression on his face when this is all going down. Probably unfair. I only saw the time he was on the screen. But contrast that to everyone else... It seemed really wrong to me.

Cowen might be better then Boro. But Boro knows exactly who he is and what his job is. And he would go through a brick wall with one leg, blinded to do it. Cowen thinks he is a freaking star. Gryba knew his job too. Cowen better figure out he is not a freaking superstar and play like he should or he needs to just get scratched.

Othello*

Nobody would fight him, that's why he didn't fight. They don't have guys (like Boro did to Chara) who are man enough to stand up to someone bigger than them.

Nope.

Cowen turned away after he saw his teammates getting pummelled. He's a spineless buffoon, who sucks at literally everything. WhiteLight is correct he's a cancer.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I was entertained tonight. That's one thing I can't express on a lot of nights this season. Sens kept up with the Bruins but just couldn't get it done on the PK/PP.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Just realized spearing is an automatic 5-min major. Refs instead gave Marchand slashing for that. How the **** is that slashing?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Nope.

Cowen turned away after he saw his teammates getting pummelled. He's a spineless buffoon, who sucks at literally everything. WhiteLight is correct he's a cancer.

Have to agree.

Cowen has had enough chances. In a melee like that, even if you're not a fighter, you pair up (not necessarily fight) and make sure none of your teammates are outmanned. Cowen couldn't even do that. If I was in that room and saw that, I'd want Cowen out of there asap.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Tonight may have been peak Jared Cowen. Just the pure, undiluted essence of futility. A stunning display.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
We and no players have the right to complain about Marchand. If they don't want him around anymore than can take care of him. No one has yet. So they must not hate him that much.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
If I'm BM I call a D up tonight, sit Cowen and put out the trade feelers. If there is no room on the 23 man roster then send DD down but no way do I dress Cowen again!

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
What did i miss? How was the game. I remember a few years ago turris said the bruins were ottawa's main rival despite the media built one with the habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad