Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospect Rankings 2017 (9th)

Cynick

Know-Nothing
Dec 24, 2008
Toronto
Ugh, I'm mildly concerned about the team's retention of Chabot give the previous top Sens prospect rankings on HFBoards: Puempel (2015... gone), Lazar (2014... gone), Lehner (2013... gone), Lehner (2012... gone), Rundblad (2011... gone), Cowen (2010... gone). Thankfully, Karlsson broke the streak in 2009.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Went with Englund as I think he has potential to be top 4 "D-man"......

Having watched Paul the past 2 yrs he is overvalued on this blog.......

Paul sucks us in at dev camp. I hope he has turned a corner. I can see the Englund choice. I voted Paul with some apprehension

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
Ugh, I'm mildly concerned about the team's retention of Chabot give the previous top Sens prospect rankings on HFBoards: Puempel (2015... gone), Lazar (2014... gone), Lehner (2013... gone), Lehner (2012... gone), Rundblad (2011... gone), Cowen (2010... gone). Thankfully, Karlsson broke the streak in 2009.

You're concerned because adolescents on the internet aren't able to accurately identify prospects and will argue their case endlessly? Just keep watching for a few decades, it won't make you better at predicting prospects' potential, but it will make you realize that almost all these kids don't reach their highest potential and the most fun of watching is seeing it live when they do.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Hey Zeke, I hope you are wrong about Paul old friend & it just might be his last chance this season but I certainly agree with you about Englund, I also think he has top 4 potential & reminds me a lot of Methot. Hope you are doing well. Take care.

"Aragorn":

Well let's just say we agree to disagree on "Nick Paul", and I would be more than happy to be proven wrong on Nick as that would be better for the Sens..................

I am starting to feel better thanks for asking, and I am going to miss having Ottawa here, but I will watch them on AHL live. Will report on what I see IF the people in Belleville allow it........ As I don't want to annoy anybody here.......

I agree Englund I think you have a good stay at home D-man there.... He needs more time in the AHL so I hope they don't rush him as they have done with others.......

Be well my friend and hope all is well with you...... As we are now in what I call the dog days of hockey..... Keep in touch.......

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Paul sucks us in at dev camp. I hope he has turned a corner. I can see the Englund choice. I voted Paul with some apprehension

"Sens of Anarchy":

I think the Sens have a top 4 with Englund so I hope he keeps developing as he needs more time in the AHL........

I was expecting more from "Nick Paul" but after 2 yrs down here I don't think he is going to make it up top....... I think I fell for they way they hyped him up!!!!!! Prove me wrong Nick~~!!!!!!

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

"Sens of Anarchy":

I think the Sens have a top 4 with Englund so I hope he keeps developing as he needs more time in the AHL........

I was expecting more from "Nick Paul" but after 2 yrs down here I don't think he is going to make it up top....... I think I fell for they way they hyped him up!!!!!! Prove me wrong Nick~~!!!!!!

Thanks for the feedback ZekeA. It is appreciated. You have seen both players more than most of us for sure. Top 4 is very encouraging. What are your impressions on Perron?

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Thanks for the feedback ZekeA. It is appreciated. You have seen both players more than most of us for sure. Top 4 is very encouraging. What are your impressions on Perron?

"Sens of Anarchy":

ON "Perron" that is a tough one kid is a crap shoot........

Reminds me a little bit of Mike Hoffman in my view not quite as skilled.....

As from my posts from 6 yrs ago I was the 1st on the old Binghamton page to say from watching him that Mike had something that we could develop....... Look how long it took Mike to make up to Ottawa and stick up top 4 yrs...... You have a player that can score love to see him shoot the puck.......

As for "Perron" I am not as high on him as I was Mike....... Both are late round picks skill players and Mike made it to the NHL......

So with Perron give him time and don't forget he played for a manure team here last season so take that into consideration.......

2nd yr players develop more I think than rookies..... Bottom line I don't think he will ever be as good as Hoffman but who will?????????

I just do not think Perron will ever be able to crack the top 6 in Ottawa..... He is not ever going to be a 4th line grinder he is a boom or bust player....... I say more likely to bust than make it....... You asked so I had to give you my honest opinion Sens.....

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

"Sens of Anarchy":

ON "Perron" that is a tough one kid is a crap shoot........

Reminds me a little bit of Mike Hoffman in my view not quite as skilled.....

As from my posts from 6 yrs ago I was the 1st on the old Binghamton page to say from watching him that Mike had something that we could develop....... Look how long it took Mike to make up to Ottawa and stick up top 4 yrs...... You have a player that can score love to see him shoot the puck.......

As for "Perron" I am not as high on him as I was Mike....... Both are late round picks skill players and Mike made it to the NHL......

So with Perron give him time and don't forget he played for a manure team here last season so take that into consideration.......

2nd yr players develop more I think than rookies..... Bottom line I don't think he will ever be as good as Hoffman but who will?????????

I just do not think Perron will ever be able to crack the top 6 in Ottawa..... He is not ever going to be a 4th line grinder he is a boom or bust player....... I say more likely to bust than make it....... You asked so I had to give you my honest opinion Sens.....

Thanks again. This year is important for sure. Hopefully his offense shows up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad