Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospect Rankings 2017 (9th)

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Sens Prospect Rankings:

1. Thomas Chabot D 6'02'' CAN (Saint John Sea Dogs, QMJHL) 96.67%
2. Colin White C 6'01'' USA (Boston College, NCAA) 85.33%
3. Logan Brown C 6'06'' USA/CAN (Windsor Spitfires, OHL) 79.71%
4. Filip Chlapik C 6'02'' CZE (Charlottetown Islanders, QMJHL) 47.37%
5. Fredrik Claesson D 6'01'' SWE (Ottawa Senators, NHL) 29.17%
6. Shane Bowers C 6'01'' CAN (Waterloo Black Hawks, USHL) 32.00%
7. Christian Jaros D 6'03'' SVK (Lulea HF, SHL) 49.30%
8. Ben Harpur D 6'06'' CAN (Binghamton Senators, AHL) 55.74%

Ben+Harpur+Ottawa+Senators+v+New+York+Islanders+9i07-GgPLcZl.jpg

2016 Senators Prospects Top 30 + Past Rankings
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2128929&highlight=

Who should I add next?

Todd Burgess
Joey Daccord
Cody Donaghey
Chris Driedger
Vincent Dunn
Macoy Erkamps
Miles Gendron
Jordan Hollett
Markus Nurmi
Patrick Sieloff
Kelly Summers

Added Eiserman

The poll will be open for 24-48 hours.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
went Paul - add Nurmi

Paul
Englund
Perron
Wolanin
Formenton .. he might the most upside of what's left, just have not seen him much

MaxTheLimit

Hockey ruins all my personal relationships
Jul 21, 2016
Ontario
What happened with Perron last season? We were all pretty high on him last year.

He was played as a depth forward with some pretty garbage line mates. When he was moved up the line up his production was actually pretty good. unfortunately, the coaching staff really leaned on guys with a lot more experience.

Perron wasn't ever going to blow the doors off the AHL. His size and play style will take time to adapt. I'm betting on a 45+ point year this year. Could be higher.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I'm surprised at the lack of love for Hogberg.
Should be ahead of Harpur and Jaros on potential.

MaxTheLimit

Hockey ruins all my personal relationships
Jul 21, 2016
Ontario
I'm surprised at the lack of love for Hogberg.
Goalies, man. Who knows what will happen with them. I have high hopes for Hogberg, but I'm not certain about him at all. A coin flip and he's never an NHL goalie at all...That's how unsure I am.

I'm just not good enough at judging goalies. Never played goal, or even coached a goalie.

source

Jul 13, 2008
We've got a good top16 or so.

Of the remaining choices, Perron, Paul, Englund, Wolanin, Eiserman, Hogberg, Formenton and Batherson stand out to me.

Either they have progressed significantly in their development, or they have shown enough at a young age.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Perron's ceiling is MacArthur-lite, his floor is AHL top liner.

Paul's ceiling is Bonino-lite, his floor is NHL 4th liner (ala Boyle).

Gimme Paul here.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Good chance of Paul Gaustad prime vs outside chance of MacArthur.

That makes more sense.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I have a feeling Perron is gonna end up like Puempel, Prince or Da Costa. He's not bottom 6 material, and yet that's where he's going to be given a chance (if a chance at all), and we might never find out if he can blossom as a top 6 guy.

Now before you all get triggered (too late!), I'm not saying Puempel, Prince or Da Costa are/were definitely top 6 material (some of them may be, some of them may not), it's just that playing them in the bottom 6 isn't the way to figure out what they can do. We almost lost Hoffman without finding out. Hope Perron follows his trajectory.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I have a feeling Perron is gonna end up like Puempel, Prince or Da Costa. He's not bottom 6 material, and yet that's where he's going to be given a chance (if a chance at all), and we might never find out if he can blossom as a top 6 guy.

Now before you all get triggered (too late!), I'm not saying Puempel, Prince or Da Costa are/were definitely top 6 material (some of them may be, some of them may not), it's just that playing them in the bottom 6 isn't the way to figure out what they can do. We almost lost Hoffman without finding out. Hope Perron follows his trajectory.

As it has ended up to this point anyway, SDC is out of the NHL so no team things he is an NHLer & Prince & Puempel are either bottom 6 players or scratched from the lineup so their teams don't think they are top 6 players either. IMO Prince's size hurts him & Puempels skating hurts him, both seem like bubble players to me at the NHL level or cheap injury replacements. Should be interesting to see if the expansion draft has helped their chances with their respective teams.

Unless Perron can light it up persistently & consistently like MacArthur was able to do everywhere he has played, including the AHL but specifically in the NHL, he is a trade asset at this point IMO. I'm not sure I see him in our lineup anyway at the NHL level anytime soon especially if they at some point add another LWer like Landeskog or Neal at the NHL level. Ottawa already has 6 LWers in their lineup, two are playing RW, he will need a few of them moved out just to get a shot.

Last edited:

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Went with Englund as I think he has potential to be top 4 "D-man"......

Having watched Paul the past 2 yrs he is overvalued on this blog.......

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Went with Englund as I think he has potential to be top 4 "D-man"......

Having watched Paul the past 2 yrs he is overvalued on this blog.......

Hey Zeke, I hope you are wrong about Paul old friend & it just might be his last chance this season but I certainly agree with you about Englund, I also think he has top 4 potential & reminds me a lot of Methot. Hope you are doing well. Take care.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00