Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospect Rankings 2017 (1st)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
If you guys want me to add him, I can. I just wasn't sure whether he's still considered a prospect since he's already played 63 NHL games (including playoffs).

Playoffs don't count normally.

I wouldn't add Claesson, I consider him graduated at this point

Like I have said every summer for the last 10 years, the problem is the consensus. Everybody could come with different criterias, that is why we historically used the HF definitions.

So you consider him graduated, but who knows what's the whole Sens board think... Are we going to make a poll to see if Claesson has graduated? If he is, may I ask why is Paul not graduated then? He played 24 games 2 years ago and I think he makes the team this year.

Personally, I always liked the HF criterias because it was not too fast, not too long. 65 NHL games is a pretty good standard to say a player has graduated. Anyway, that's what we did each and every year for the last decade. Are we going to change the methodology all of sudden?

If I were asked to draft our guys in an NHL style draft, that's the order I'd take them. I'm not basing it on 18/19 year old Brown.

Yeah, we definitely have to project their careers here.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
man I want Kleindrost to get the **** away from Perron and the other new kids getting into bingo. Kid got buried in the bottom 6 this year, came in gushing confidence then never put into a position to succeed.

In the 8 seasons Kleinendorst coached an AHL team only one team made the playoffs (and won it all) definitely not a guy I want near the prospects coming in this year.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I don't know what to think of KK, buy I hope Perron is put in a position to succeed and put up points this year.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I wouldn't add Claesson, I consider him graduated at this point

Agree, he has a one way contract so I consider him graduated too.

1. Chabot
2. White
3. Brown
4. Harpur
5. Paul
6. Englund
7. Jaros
8. Hogberg
9. Bowers
10. Formenton

Last edited:

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Agree, he has a one way contract so I consider him graduated too.

1. Chabot
2. White
3. Brown
4. Harpur
5. Paul
6. Englund
7. Jaros
8. Hogberg
9. Bowers
10. Formenton

Imo, if the players is still eligible for the calder, we should still considere him eligible for that list.

Is it Claesson's case?

MaxTheLimit

Hockey ruins all my personal relationships
Jul 21, 2016
Ontario
Chabot would be my obvious #1 pick.

Brown doesn't have top line potential. He was taken 11th overall because he's huge. If he was 6ft1, he'd have went in the 30s. He has never and will never have top line potential.

A likely outcome for Brown is to become a middle 6 player. Nothing wrong with that.

I don't really agree with this. Brown would be, in my view, a first line centre. His size, toolset and playstyle seem to be the blueprint for a playmaking centre you have out to create offense.

The problem is that he has holes in his game and needs work to get there. I'm not sure he'd be effective as a depth player, so he could be a boom or bust guy. I don't think we'll know for another couple years what the Sens have in Brown. A lot depends on how he develops over the next couple years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad