Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospect Rankings 2017 (11th)

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
After Englund, Hogberg and Formenton are gone, it will get tricky at #14. It should be between Wolanin and Lajoie, maybe Batherson. Nurmi, Driedger in another tier and then it drops to Gagne (who could still become a legit prospect if he puts it all together) and Ahl?

Good strong top-20 but not much after that. Good thing that you need more quality than quantity

I agree. Perron & Claesson don't belong in the top 10 IMO.

What? I know you think that Perron is too small/soft, but what's wrong with Claesson? He looked much better in the NHL than we thought he could be.

Maybe I missed it, but why is Claesson on this list? He's like a fifth year pro on a one-way deal next year. He's not a prospect anymore. He's a legit member of our top-6.

Claesson is still a prospect by HF standards. The ones we have used for over a decade. We didn't change the criterias for eligibility. When we do, we will have to separate the eras of voting distinctly, because criterias of selection will have been changed.

its-a-mystery-500x325.jpg

No, it's been explained a million times. It's purely rational.

Last edited:

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I like Formenton here. Englund thus far has just been too soft, he needs a physical edge if he has such limited offensize and puck moving ability.

In what world is Englund soft? LOL. If there's one thing he isn't, it's that.

Also, in what world is Perron 6 feet? Jeez, these height/weight stats blow my mind sometimes.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Claesson is still a prospect by HF standards. The ones we have used for over a decade. We didn't change the criterias for eligibility. When we do, we will have to separate the eras of voting distinctly, because criterias of selection will have been changed.

No, it's been explained a million times. It's purely rational.

1. Really :laugh: ok ...

2. If it wasn't a mystery, no one would ask... and when they hear the answer the go

200_s.gif

Personally I go
whatever-smiley.png

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
1. Really :laugh: ok ...

I have no idea why you find this funny... maybe the choice of words but it's a simple cold straight boring fact. When you change the criterias of a ranking, it basically becomes a brand new ranking. In the past, many many prospects in the same situation as Claesson have been ranked. If you change those criterias now, it means that you want something new. It's possible, but I am telling you that it won't be comparable to the past rankings.

I'm not saying it's a vital thing since hockey is just an entertainment but here is an article on the subject :

http://www.universityworldnews.com/article.php?story=20160406094012805

It begins like this :

Ranking organisations have a serious problem with methodological changes. Rankers take pride in producing reliable, consistent and trusted league tables that can be used to compare departments and institutions and to check year to year progress.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I have no idea why you find this funny... maybe the choice of words but it's a simple cold straight boring fact. When you change the criterias of a ranking, it basically becomes a brand new ranking. In the past, many many prospects in the same situation as Claesson have been ranked. If you change those criterias now, it means that you want something new. It's possible, but I am telling you that it won't be comparable to the past rankings.

I'm not saying it's a vital thing since hockey is just an entertainment but here is an article on the subject :

http://www.universityworldnews.com/article.php?story=20160406094012805

It begins like this :

I see... well I did not realize HFSens was a ranking organization for one, my bad there, and based on some of the rankings we've seen , I would wager only a select few would care about that much about it.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I see... well I did not realize HFSens was a ranking organization for one, my bad there, and based on some of the rankings we've seen , I would wager only a select few would care about that much about it.

Hah. Well, can't blame a guy for being thorough.

It's all in the details ;)

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
In what world is Englund soft? LOL. If there's one thing he isn't, it's that.

Also, in what world is Perron 6 feet? Jeez, these height/weight stats blow my mind sometimes.

Englund plays too soft for a player of his style and size yes. He needs a physical edge as a shut down d man. Swedes and big d men take longer, its not that he wont develop that side but it isnt there yet.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

That's why I have said :

I'm not saying it's a vital thing since hockey is just an entertainment

But regardless of the importance you put in it, staying consistent is important IMO.

Hah. Well, can't blame a guy for being thorough.

It's all in the details ;)

Well, details could be a big $$$ difference. I'm into franchising and yes, details count.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad