Half-Assed GDT: senators vs just 1 goalie

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
Will we have someone in the crease? What about the other crease?

Tune in(or don't) tonight, at some point. Can probably just tune in at 8ish and see the score and go back to doing something fun

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Honestly the most intriguing thing about today is if Schwartz will play or not.

Unless he’s been ruled out already and I’ve just missed it. In that case hopefully someone or a couple someone’s in blue do the goals.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
The team has something to prove to the fans at ScottTrade tonight. Do they have pride and want to work, or is it just too hard to put in a good effort?

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I thought he was ruled out because he wants his timing back

Looking again at the reports from yesterday, they didn’t completely rule him out but it’s more than likely you’re correct. He’ll probably return Thursday after some more practice days.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Duchene hatty incoming
giphy.webp

Reactions: DeuceNine

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I sold my tickets for tonight. This is the first season I can remember in 7 years where I've gone to more losing games at home than winning. I hope they right the ship, but I'll recoup my money and put it on next seasons' season tickets, which the Blues will imminently start emailing about in a month or so.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I sold my tickets for tonight. This is the first season I can remember in 7 years where I've gone to more losing games at home than winning. I hope they right the ship, but I'll recoup my money and put it on next seasons' season tickets, which the Blues will imminently start emailing about in a month or so.

Dude I'm in the same boat this year. I've been to 6 games so far and they've won ONE (New Jersey).

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Dude I'm in the same boat this year. I've been to 6 games so far and they've won ONE (New Jersey).
I can't make every single game since I'm about an hour and a half away, but I don't ever remember being this bad at home. Maybe it's just the luck of the draw this year.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Looking again at the reports from yesterday, they didn’t completely rule him out but it’s more than likely you’re correct. He’ll probably return Thursday after some more practice days.
Whats odd is they said they'd play him as soon as he's cleared. Is an extra practice really going to make a difference? It's not like a step behind Schwartz is really going to throw off that epic Jaskin Schenn Steen combo:rolleyes: while the Blues cant afford to lose points.....they handily spanked the Senators. This seems like a perfect game to get Schwartz in.

Id wager on "game time decision" wink wink

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Seems like every team in the Central aside from Chicago/Minnesota is hot right now. Blues need to start winning these games or we're going to be on the outside looking in.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
What better way for Schwartz to get his timing back then, you know, actually playing in a game. I don't see what sitting him tonight is going to do.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I never heard what Schwartz' injury was. I assume something was broken. Did they ever say?

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

I do remember one or two years back somebody did throw Blues jersey on ice. I only remember Shattenkirk reaction, he was pissed about it. Kind of strange it was Shattery who was pissed others just looked empty on ice.

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
I just hope Karlsson forgets to show up again and we get some big production out of BBshv and TT. it would be nice for the 'Yutz to get going right as Schwartzy gets back!

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I'll be watching this game at home tonight. They have a lot to prove to me before I spend my hard earned money to see them live again this season. LGB!

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Did you see him last night? Karlsson isn't Karlsson. His injury is blatantly obvious. He's lost his skating ability, which pretty much reduces him to a pylon

Yeah most of his stick handling moves were all speed related and the last game against off he had so many giveaways, just had his pocket picked in his own zone

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Did you see him last night? Karlsson isn't Karlsson. His injury is blatantly obvious. He's lost his skating ability, which pretty much reduces him to a pylon
I want to know what is going on there, because it is obvious he has some kind of injury. I could understand them playing him with an injury if they were in the playoff hunt, but what is the benefit of it now? So Melnyk can tell him he is crap now in negotiations and hope to get him cheap? :laugh:

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I want to know what is going on there, because it is obvious he has some kind of injury. I could understand them playing him with an injury if they were in the playoff hunt, but what is the benefit of it now? So Melnyk can tell him he is crap now in negotiations and hope to get him cheap? :laugh:
I think his ankle is just wrecked at this point. May take a while to adjust to it.

Its sad because he's a fantastic player

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
I have heard the opinion that his foot surgery has left him with 1.5 feet and that he will not be the player he was again...so IDK. but if he is ever going to pull a Stella and get his groove back, you can bet itll be against us
218_copy.jpg

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Kinda hoping for a Hoffman hat trick just so that Colt guy has an aneurysm. Otherwise, good luck tonight! Would love to see the Blues come out of the Central, big fan of some of your bigger name guys (Tarasenko is my fave, even though he doesn't look like himself these days).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad