Rumor: Senators sold to the Kraft Family?(upd: no)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
trying not to get my hopes up like
giphy.gif

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Someone on twitter said that nfl bylaws prevent someone who owns an nfl team from owning a team in another league. However, someone else in the family could.

It's weird. It's actually that NFL owners aren't allowed to own a team in another city

This is correct. Remember this was a thing with the Avs and Kroenke some years back. Stan (St Louis/LA Rams) is not legally the owner of the Avs/Nuggets, his wife is.

If this is true, I'd expect the deal for a new arena in Lebreton to come to fruition, too. That would be awesome for the Sens! No fans should go through the ****show Melnyk has put up!

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
As long as Bettman fights hard against relocation as he always has - I'm down for nearly anyone buying the team for a fresh start.

I'm not sure I really believe the Kraft stuff though. What do they have to do with Ottawa or hockey in general?

mattlef

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto, ON
www.youtube.com
As long as Bettman fights hard against relocation as he always has - I'm down for nearly anyone buying the team for a fresh start.

I'm not sure I really believe the Kraft stuff though. What do they have to do with Ottawa or hockey in general?
It's a great investment opportunity understanding that EM may be forced into the sale and will sell at a relitively bargain bin price because the Arena in the deal is ancient.

Reactions: Hale The Villain

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
The Thrashers were kicked out of the arena they played in though.

Forgot about the arena part. Ok. Well I'm all for it obviously. Not sure why the granddaughter would be at a Sens game for no reason.

Watch them be buying the Rangers lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad