Confirmed with Link: Senators sign defenceman Andreas Englund to entry-level contract

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Funny how many fans were down on him until they actually got to watch him play a game in the WJ's.

Hoping he can be a good mid pairing shut down D man.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Yep good one ,maybe back in the day Sammulsson??

I remember Samuelsson having a fair bit of nastiness in his game... I'm excited to see how he looks on smaller ice.

If he can stabilize the bottom pair in 2-3 years that would be massive

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
If he's Boro with better skill that would be huge. Maybe we get lucky and he develops chemistry with EK (similar to Methot) to be the guy to engage down low and allow EK to focus on transition. When Methot was healthy and playing that role it really freed up EK's game.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
If he's Boro with better skill that would be huge. Maybe we get lucky and he develops chemistry with EK (similar to Methot) to be the guy to engage down low and allow EK to focus on transition. When Methot was healthy and playing that role it really freed up EK's game.

This would be amazing. So much this.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
I'm actually pretty excited for Englund. I've only ever seen him once (live, WJC pre-tourney game in Kingston about two years ago). Sweden got demolished by the US 10-5 I believe, but Englund always made smart plays, he even scored on a nice slapper too.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Is the AHL season done yet? Sometimes when they sign guys at this time they bring them over for a couple games just to see how they do on North American ice. I wonder if he gets a game or two with bingo. Again, thats if they still have games to play.

Although usually when that happens they are close by, not on another continent, so I doubt it.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Funny how many fans were down on him until they actually got to watch him play a game in the WJ's.

Hoping he can be a good mid pairing shut down D man.

I WaA down on him. Then I saw him play in the juniors. Now even more down

Either way. Really looking forward to seeing this guys leadership and grit translate into 1 goal losses and ninth place

Whoa took a dive there

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
I WaA down on him. Then I saw him play in the juniors. Now even more down

Either way. Really looking forward to seeing this guys leadership and grit translate into 1 goal losses and ninth place

Whoa took a dive there

A rare post Biancosaurus post where word count exceeds IQ points.

Englund is a really good prospect, and should be the best DMan this team develops between Karlsson and Chabot. We don't need him to work out, as we have a pretty stacked left side now, but if he does it will afford us a really nice luxury and degree of flexibility.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Englund is a really good prospect, and should be the best DMan this team develops between Karlsson and Chabot. We don't need him to work out, as we have a pretty stacked left side now, but if he does it will afford us a really nice luxury and degree of flexibility.

Aayyooooo

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Do mean, should be the best dman this team develops after Karlsson and Chabot? Even then, what about Ceci?

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Do mean, should be the best dman this team develops after Karlsson and Chabot? Even then, what about Ceci?

Forgot about Ceci, but that is what I meant. Even before you pointed that out, I thought afterwards how weak of a point I was making - when youre competing with Wiercioch, Cowen, Borowiecki, and....? its not a huge claim!!

Anyways, thanks for pointing out Micky.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
From what I saw at the development camp I thought Jaros was every bit as good as Englund, in fact, they reminded me of each other. Jaros however, went after Harpur & had a bit of a scrap. I doubt Englund will drop them but Jaros looked like he wasn't afraid too especially with the much bigger Harpur. Hopefully, the Sens bring him over to Bingo for next season too.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
From what I saw at the development camp I thought Jaros was every bit as good as Englund, in fact, they reminded me of each other. Jaros however, went after Harpur & had a bit of a scrap. I doubt Englund will drop them but Jaros looked like he wasn't afraid too especially with the much bigger Harpur. Hopefully, the Sens bring him over to Bingo for next season too.

Yeah. I'd like to see those two come over at the same time too and grow together on Bingo. Add in Wikstrand if he can ever get his head out and you start to get some good young defense depth on the farm.

Add guys like Gagne and Perron and you've got a group that can come up through the ranks together.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Fighting is overrated. Boro can fight. I'll take a Boro who doesn't fight but can get rid of the puck quicker.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Best comparison might be someone like Mattias Norström, but without the same devastating hits.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Fighting is overrated. Boro can fight. I'll take a Boro who doesn't fight but can get rid of the puck quicker.

Kinda funny with a username of brawlfan...

But yeah, Boro with even Methot level puckskills would actually be a pretty useful player.

WaitingInVain

Jul 5, 2012
I would like to see the team hang onto Claesson and get a rotation with him, Wideman and Borowiecki as the bottom pairing next season. Fairly happy with the top 4, other than potentially switching Phaneuf and Methot as even with slower foot speed Phaneuf remains the better player.

I've said before that I would love for the team to upgrade Methot, and Englund may be an in-house replacement in the next 12 months. Physical swedish defensive defenseman + generational swedish offensive defenseman = winning.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Wait aren't they all like that :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad