Confirmed with Link: Senators sign defenceman Andreas Englund to entry-level contract

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Guy seems to be really high up on Team Sweden's radar. Let's hope he ends up being a gem pick!

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Sweet.

Looking forward to seeing how much better this kid is on small ice than he is on those big Euro-surfaces.

Less open ice + a more physical game = a smile you won't be able to wipe off this kid's face for months. His game was tailor made for North American hockey.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Smashing.

images-2.jpeg

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Sweet.

Looking forward to seeing how much better this kid is on small ice than he is on those big Euro-surfaces.

Less open ice + a more physical game = a smile you won't be able to wipe off this kid's face for months. His game was tailor made for North American hockey.

Bingo has an even smaller ice surface I think, so there's that too, though it also means as a Dman you have less time to move the puck before forecheckers get on you.

Should really help bingo. If Wikstrand comes too (I know, long shot) the team will get a much needed boost on the backend.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Kind of excited to see what he can do and how he fits in.
Swedes!

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Seems like we could move from a position of weakness to a position of strength fairly soon.

Englund, Chabot, Jarros, Wikstrand (hopefully) all coming into the wings within a year

Claesson is looking pretty good considering his NHL experience level. We will likely Draft a D within the top 2 rounds as well.

Recently signed Erkamps

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Seems like we could move from a position of weakness to a position of strength fairly soon.

Englund, Chabot, Jarros, Wikstrand (hopefully) all coming into the wings within a year

Claesson is looking pretty good considering his NHL experience level. We will likely Draft a D within the top 2 rounds as well.

Recently signed Erkamps

Hrmmm... this sounds familiar... I seem to recall having Karlsson, Rundblad, Cowen and Wiercioch was supposed to propel our D into one of the best in the league. Hopefully it goes better this time around.

On the bright side, compared to that last list, we used our high picks on skilled guy (Chabot) and our lower 2nd round picks on the defensive guys (Englund), instead of the high pick on the defensive guy (Cowen) and the lower pick on the skilled guy (Wier). I prefer this newer strategy.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Hrmmm... this sounds familiar... I seem to recall having Karlsson, Rundblad, Cowen and Wiercioch was supposed to propel our D into one of the best in the league. Hopefully it goes better this time around.

On the bright side, compared to that last list, we used our high picks on skilled guy (Chabot) and our lower 2nd round picks on the defensive guys (Englund), instead of the high pick on the defensive guy (Cowen) and the lower pick on the skilled guy (Wier). I prefer this newer strategy.

If you are looking for a sure thing, I can give you a number you can call.

roll-dice.gif

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I really like this prospect, seems like he could be an in-house replacement for Methot down the line.

I think so too. Should be interesting what happens in Bingo this coming yr with an influx of some new players especially on defence but the downside is they will also be young again on defence.

Hopefully Jaros comes over too along with Wikstrand, Bingo will need some offence from the blueline. If Chabot doesn't make Ottawa in training camp he will be returned to junior & join Bingo the following yr if he doesn't make Ottawa.

Bingo Defence in no particular order, if they are all coming back? Anybody else?

Wikstrand - Tansey
Harpur - Erkamps
Englund - Jaros - if he comes over
Carlisle - Leduc
Lepine - Tuzzolino
Fraser likely will not be re-signed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad