Confirmed with Link: Senators sign Boko Imama (2 Way Contract)

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Reaction to the team being soft as butter, emotionally and physically.

I like it. Nice for Boko! I think it shows management is not happy with the teams soft play, especially in the Florida game.

The identity Staois and Poulin are hoping to build will become clearer over the summer no doubt.

I believe they would like a team that is physical and has much more toughness throughout the lineup. Both physically and emotionally as you say.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Hey this should be interesting. Expecting some intensity and maybe a couple mistakes but that’s ok.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
IMO it's rewarding a guy who has done his job in the AHL in a very difficult role & doesn't reflect anything on the parent team that have shown to be soft in the past many times. It was Jacques who wanted his players to ignore the rough stuff in the past, not sure if he has changed since then. They need a tougher coach, a tougher defence, tougher forwards & better goaltending. Not sure Boko will ever becme an NHL player, he has played in Ott earlier this yr I think?

Sens With Benefits

Feb 4, 2010
Canada
Very obvious that this is a response for the Florida game. They want Boko for some revenge. Season is over but it’s a division rival who’s embarrassed the Sens all year. Need to make a statement. I’d call up Mcewen as well.

Reactions: The Expert

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
Love it, we're soft as baby shit and there's really no reason for that. If we're gonna suck, let's not get pushed around maybe at least?

Kastelic has been a huge disappointment.

I was hopping he would be the next Carkner.
He's a forward though...

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Very obvious that this is a response for the Florida game. They want Boko for some revenge. Season is over but it’s a division rival who’s embarrassed the Sens all year. Need to make a statement. I’d call up Mcewen as well.
MacEwen is injured and has been skating with Highmore (also injured and on ir)

Reactions: Sens With Benefits

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Good luck to the callups, an opportunity to showcase what they can offer. I hope they succeed because a big problem on this team is depth.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
More than being soft I think what they lack the most is desperation.

Desperation to win, to make the playoffs, desperation to stay on the roster and fight for their careers and earnings. Desperation to be the best players in the world.

We have none of that desperation.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I think that’s true but I don’t think this call up is indicative of the conclusion. I think this is more of a reaction to the team needing an injection of fire and brimstone.

I disagree. There were multiple chances to call up Soko this year and last year. It's pretty clear he has no future with the club and he'll be gone next year. I said that last year and I'll say it again, even though I got pushback from certain posters here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad