Prospect Info: Senators Rookie Camp / Prospect Challenge gets underway this week

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

The main event is a three-game tournament that'll be hosted in Buffalo from September 15th to 18. The Boston Bruins, Montréal Canadiens, New Jersey Devils, and Pittsburgh Penguins join the Sens and the host Sabres, with Ottawa playing New Jersey at 12:00pm on Friday, Pittsburgh at 12:00pm on Saturday, and Montréal at 1:30pm on Monday.
The full 29-player roster can be found here. Here are some highlights:

• The stars of the show are former first-round picks Ridly Greig and Tyler Boucher, alongside two players who played NHL games last season – Tyler Kleven, and Leevi Meriläinen.
  • In addition to Greig and Meriläinen, three more suited up for Belleville last season and should be expected to take a leadership role: Roby Järventie, Philippe Daoust, and Jorian Donovan.
  • Three more Senators draft picks will be present: Zack Ostapchuk (2021 - 39th overall), Tomas Hamara (2022 - 87th overall), and Matthew Andonovski (2023 - 140th overall).
  • Returnees from July's development camp roster include: goaltender Charlie Schenkel; defenders Caeden Carlisle, Roberto Mancini, Bronson Ride, and Djibril Toure; and forwards Daniil Bourash, Cole Burbidge, Connor Clattenburg, Tarun Fizer, Mitchell Martin, Stuart Rolofs, and Ty Thorpe.
  • New invitees include: goaltender Collin MacKenzie; defenders Simon Motew and Thomas Stewart; and forwards Mikael Huchette, James Stefan, Jackson Stewart, and Mitch Walinski.

I hope Andlauer with some of his people attend this along with Dorion,

Habs roster Canadiens announce 2023 Rookie Camp roster | NHL.com
Sabres roster Sabres announce 2023 Prospects Challenge roster | NHL.com
Devils roster New Jersey Devils Reveals 24-Man Roster for 2023 Prospect Challenge
Pens roster Penguins Announce Prospects Challenge Roster | NHL.com
Bruins roster Bruins Set Roster For Rookie Camp, Prospects Challenge

Last edited:

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Motew played in Kitchener last season, meaning we will have half of their D-core at camp - Hamara, Andonovski, and Motew.

James Stefan - son of Patrik, yes, THAT Patrik Stefan - has been a top scorer for Portland these last two years.

Walinski is almost 25 and played Div III & then a few ECHL games last year.

Mackenzie is a first time eligible, undrafted small goalie coming off a solid season as the 67s 1B, where he posted a 21-2-3-1 record.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Looks like they really don’t want their squad to get beaten up again.
There's nobody on that roster that can stop Xhekaj and Parker-Jones from doing whatever they want to whomever they want.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
There's nobody on that roster that can stop Xhekaj and Parker-Jones from doing whatever they want to whomever they want.
You think Kleven and Boucher cant handle Florian Xhekaj? Boucher is going to murder players out there.

Parker-Jones is a big boy though. Can he fight? I honestly dont know.

Reactions: PlayersLtd

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
They are named Klevin and Boucher.

You think Kleven and Boucher cant handle Florian Xhekaj? Boucher is going to murder players out there.

Parker-Jones is a big boy though. Can he fight? I honestly dont know.
In a fight Florian Xhekaj would smash Tyler Boucher. Wouldn't even be close. Xhekaj is much bigger, has more experience, better balance, can throw with both hands. He got that dog in him.

Boucher played in that rookie tournament game last year when Arber Xhekaj terrorized the Sens and put Lodin, Latimer and Massicotte on IR. Where was Boucher? No response whatsoever.

I have no idea whether Tyler Kleven can fight. Lots of big guys have no idea what to do with their hands.

Parker-Jones did pretty decent against long time AHL heavyweights PC Labrie and Dylan McIlrath last year. He would have no trouble dusting an 18/19 year old kid.

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
In a fight Florian Xhekaj would smash Tyler Boucher. Wouldn't even be close. Xhekaj is much bigger, has more experience, better balance, can throw with both hands. He got that dog in him.

Boucher played in that rookie tournament game last year when Arber Xhekaj terrorized the Sens and put Lodin, Latimer and Massicotte on IR. Where was Boucher? No response whatsoever.

I have no idea whether Tyler Kleven can fight. Lots of big guys have no idea what to do with their hands.

Parker-Jones did pretty decent against long time AHL heavyweights PC Labrie and Dylan McIlrath last year. He would have no trouble dusting an 18/19 year old kid.
Xhekaj is a joke anyway, let's not waste time in this goon

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Is Xhekaj actually much bigger? He was listed at 6'3 183 at the Habs rookie camp, Boucher is what, 6'2 205?

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa

You mean Florian or Arber? I hope Arber has aged out. Florian is tough but his more reasonable size is a more fair matchup against a lot of these sens guys.

Parker-Jones is huge but he seems like a Ben Harpur. A guy who knows he needs to have that in his game to stay in the pros but that isn’t a natural. Not too worried about him.

Either way the sens have a lot more toughness throughout the roster than last year.

They also have lots of size with 8 guys 6’3+.

Clear L against McIlrath and got tuned up by Scott Sabourin.

You’re right he might be able to bully the kids though. Still nothing of the level of Arber to be worried about.

Last edited:
Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

I think you are massively underrating Boucher but you have been hating on him for a while. Arber is a way bigger and tougher than Florian they arent the same thing at all. You are giving all the benefit of the doubt to the Montreal players are you even a fan of this team? Sabourin pumped Parker-Jones last year who were you cheering for exactly?

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I think we all watched Ostapchuk drop that giant. He can chuck ‘EM too if needs be.

Either way it’s the rookie tournament, the kids will be fine.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I have been dumping on Tyler Boucher for a long while now. Nothing personal against the player - I just think it was a terrible pick that has continued to age really poorly. I want nothing more than for him to make me look like a jackwagon over these next few days.

One name that intrigues me is Mitch Martin. He looked really good in development camp, as in, "scramble for a program to figure out who the heck that guy is" good during the three on three tournament. He's a big, rangy guy also - I hope he can go out and earn himself a contract in the next few days. He's slated to head into his overage year in Kitchener but who knows - a good showing here might land him in the AHL. He's 6'4" so size isn't an issue...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad