Confirmed with Link: Senators re-sign goaltender Anders Nilsson to a two-year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nosswor

Jun 24, 2016
I'm actually okay with this. I thought they were going to give something stupid like 3/3.5

This surely has to be bye bye Anderson. Nilsson/Hogberg tandem next year and Daccord/Gustafsson in Belleville?

Reactions: NB613

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I'm actually okay with this. I thought they were going to give something stupid like 3/3.5

This surely has to be bye bye Anderson. Nilsson/Hogberg tandem next year and Daccord/Gustafsson in Belleville?

That would be fairly ideal given the (realistic) options on the table.

Should be really interesting to see what some other goalies end up going for in FA though. There are guys I probably would have preferred to take a shot on (Mrazek mainly) who I think will end up with similar contracts.

If they think Nilsson can be the right mentor for Hogberg/Gustavsson though he'll be worth his weight in gold.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
That is quite the logjam. Unfortunately, I don't think Andy is going anywhere and no one is taking on Condon's contract. Seems to me like Hogberg is on his way out.

Anderson-Nilsson (Ottawa)
Gus-Condon (Belleville)
Daccord (Brampton)

Mandolese will also need a place to play in 2020-2021, but I assume that Andy will be not be reupped after this year (I hope).

Crowded crease aside, not sure I have a huge issue with this move.

Man, this team though, do they ever LOVE giving money to mediocre backup goalies.

Reactions: derriko

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Ok, so now what happens to Andy and Condon? And, Hogberg?

Condon was never going to factor into this. He'll either be part of a package for a larger cap dump or he'll be bought out.

As far as Andy/Hogberg, I would imagine this signing means the team would like to move on from Anderson (or the other way around) with the distinct possibility that Hogberg goes back to Sweden if the Sens can't find a taker for Andy at the draft.

Reactions: derriko and NB613

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Condon is injured and therefore exempt from buyouts.
Is he still injured? I thought that they figurd out the issue and he would have been cleared by now...

As for the signing i am a bit surprised.
It is a good move imo in that it gives us a bit of experience for next year when Andy presumably retires.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
So we just LTIR him then?

I just don't see the org committing to Nilsson without some kind of plan to deal with Condon (Andy too honestly, but especially Condon).
Well we will never get close to the cap so no benefit from LTIR, so we just IR him permanently until he is healthy, then send him to the minors

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
This management team doesn't plan that far ahead, they are still trying to figure out which employee will empty the garbages next week.

that is probably true

im just very impressed that we had 2.6 million to spare somehow haha

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Works for me. Two years, under 3 mil a year. Can't go wrong with that.

Only question now is how many goalies we have under contract and how they'll sort out.

Reactions: NB613
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad