Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Update 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Don't worry guys. I still believe Lehner might one day be good enough to be a backup in the NHL.

Maybe we'll get lucky.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Lehner has the same rating as Driedger and Hogberg.
Eric Gryba has a C even though he 's pretty much a regular.
JG Pageau a 6.5C

...... OK then

Last edited:

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Lehner has the same rating as Driedger and Hogberg.
Eric Gryba has a B even though he 's pretty much a regular.
JG Pageau a 6.5C

...... OK then

yeah they look a little off. don't really pay attention to those. like really, who cares?

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
As far as rankings go, it wasn't all that bad from my perspective.

Lehner should be higher without question. He's at least an 8.0C. After all he has accomplished at such a young age, putting him below "NHL starter" for career potential is almost libellous.

Stone should be an 8.0D, IMO. Top line potential, very low chance of it happening. A a comparable, take a guy like Sven Baertschi. Sven is only a five months younger than Stone and has very comparable development curve. Sven gets props for putting up points in the NHL, but Stone shouldn't be punished for having an injury. Both were putting up similar points in the AHL and both played the same number of games last year. Despite the similarities, Sven Baertschi is a 8.0 B prospect. Stone won't likely become a top line player, but the potential for him to be one is there, and I think that potential should be recognized.

I don't really fins anyone else too bad. Sure, Zibanejad could be higher, but he hasn't shown in any league the ability to overwhelm opponents. All he's shown is the ability to, one day, be a good 2nd liner who can play on the top line. I thought Wiercioch was still a little high, 7.0C would be alright with me. Gryba should have gotten a 6.5B, IMO. He's shown more than O'Brien has, IMO.

Pageau should have gotten a 7.0D, IMO. Very high potential, very low chance of success. JOB should have gotten a 6.5C, he could be out of the NHL by next year. He's not a safe bet to be a long term NHLer.

Kickabrat

WHAT - ME WORRY?
Jul 4, 2004
Ottawa
The funniest part is that if you click on the Team Ranking tab, the Sens were rated 2nd overall last year and they had this to say about the goaltending:
Although Lehner is one of the top goaltending prospects in the world, after him the Senators lack depth in net.

And yet.....7.5 C!!!!!!!!

To think that I joined HF back in 04 precisely because at the time this was pretty much the only place you could get any accurate prospect info of any kind....and now 7.5 C.....it would be nice if the author had the guts to put his name on this...just to give credit where credit is due.

For comparison...
Markstrom 8.5 C (Lehner invited to Team Sweden camp Markstrom not)
Jake Campbell 8.0 C
Calvin Pickard 7.5 C
Jake Allen 7.5 C
Oscar Dansk 7.5 C
Scott Wedgewood 7.5 C

Pavlikovsky

May 31, 2013
Gatineau, QC
The funniest part is that if you click on the Team Ranking tab, the Sens were rated 2nd overall last year and they had this to say about the goaltending:

To think that I joined HF back in 04 precisely because at the time this was pretty much the only place you could get any accurate prospect info of any kind....and now 7.5 C.....it would be nice if the author had the guts to put his name on this...just to give credit where credit is due.

For comparison...
Jake Campbell 8.0 C
Calvin Pickard 7.5 C
Jake Allen 7.5 C
Oscar Dansk 7.5 C
Scott Wedgewood 7.5 C

Hogberg and Driedger have a 7.5C rating as well if thats the new standard for elite #1 potential goalies then were rolling in them

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
These rankings really don't matter, nor reflect any resemblance of continuity.

They are written and given by armchair GM's, similar to all of us, and not every team has a writer. Many times it is like picking someone at random from this board, and asking them to write and grade Dallas' prospects.

In saying that, the only grades I "REALLY" have a problem with are Lehner and JGP.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Well, the rankings didn't bother me until I compared to other team rankings. If you do that, then you get the impression the Ottawa farm is not very good.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
According to CP , Sens have lost Lazar to the Oilers.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports...al+junior+team+summer+camp/8746796/story.html

The camp invitees include Winnipeg Jets prospects goalie Eric Comrie, defenceman Josh Morrissey and forward Nicolas Petan. The Toronto Maple Leafs have four — blue-liners Rielly and Matthew Finn and forwards Frederic Gauthier and Ryan Rupert.

The Calgary Flames have three forwards in camp, Mark Jankowski, Sean Monahan and Emile Poirier, while the Montreal Canadiens have goalie Zachary Fucale and forward Charles Hudon. The Vancouver Canucks have forwards Hunter Shinkaruk and Brendan Gaunce.

The Edmonton Oilers have defenceman Darnell Nurse and forward Curtis Lazar.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com

For comparison...
Jake Campbell 8.0 C
Calvin Pickard 7.5 C
Jake Allen 7.5 C
Oscar Dansk 7.5 C
Scott Wedgewood 7.5 C

The ratings come post-draft, and are static.

Don't let em ruin your day.

Kickabrat

WHAT - ME WORRY?
Jul 4, 2004
Ottawa
According to CP , Sens have lost Lazar to the Oilers.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports...al+junior+team+summer+camp/8746796/story.html

The camp invitees include Winnipeg Jets prospects goalie Eric Comrie, defenceman Josh Morrissey and forward Nicolas Petan. The Toronto Maple Leafs have four — blue-liners Rielly and Matthew Finn and forwards Frederic Gauthier and Ryan Rupert.

The Calgary Flames have three forwards in camp, Mark Jankowski, Sean Monahan and Emile Poirier, while the Montreal Canadiens have goalie Zachary Fucale and forward Charles Hudon. The Vancouver Canucks have forwards Hunter Shinkaruk and Brendan Gaunce.

The Edmonton Oilers have defenceman Darnell Nurse and forward Curtis Lazar.

Oilers - Oil Kings both junior league teams.... easy to confuse the two..... :sarcasm:

Lazarrr

Apr 10, 2010
Ottawa
Anyone think Jarrod Maidens has a chance to make Team Canada this year? Could be great in the bottom-6 if he has a good start to the year.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Anyone think Jarrod Maidens has a chance to make Team Canada this year? Could be great in the bottom-6 if he has a good start to the year.

I don't think he has a chance. He has missed the better part of two seasons, and they are already very deep at the forward position.

They are already 5-6 players deep at Center without Mackinnon, and do not have much room on the wings.

It obviously isn't impossible, but I would say the odds are pretty stacked against him.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Marcus Hogberg earned a shutout vs. Czech Republic at the Ivan Hilinka tournament today. Lucky that their starting goalie had his leg broken by Canada yesterday?

MildlyAwesome

Rational Leaf Fan
Jun 4, 2009
Canada
Biases aside, where do you guys see Pageau this year and the future? Trying to decide if for fantasy purposes, if he is worth it or if he'll be put into more of a defensive role, and not be. I like his stats so far in the NHL, and he's only 20, but where are Sen fans on him? And where is the Sens organization on him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad