Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Update 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Am I going crazy or has the prospects forum disappeared from the main page???

EDIT: Ah, it's been renamed NHL Draft 2013... seems a misnomer

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Why the heck is Jakob Silfverberg listed as a Center by HockeysFuture.

I believe he was drafted as a centre & played centre in the one world juniors he played in. But on his Swedish pro team (Brynas) he played left wing.

Bojovnik

Feb 11, 2007
England
I've been out of the loop over the past six months or so, and was running through our picks from the last few years and spotted last year's 7th rounder Mikael Wikstrand. 6'1'' 183lbs and he picked up 25 points in 45 Elitserien games.

Signed with Mora for next season, but what do people think this guys upside is? Is he Rundblad mk.II or a poor man's Karlsson?

Last edited:

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
I've been out of the loop over the past six months or so, and was running through our picks from the last few years and spotted last year's 7th rounder Mikael Wikstrand. 6'1'' 183lbs and he picked up 25 points in 45 Elitserien games.

Signed with Mora for next season, but what do people think this guys upside is? Is he Rundblad mk.II or a poor man's Karlsson?

He was pretty promoted by some ppl here throughout the season. Did well in the league, also was playing with Kopitar and Getzlaf (I believe), but a lot of his points I think were there before they got there. Did well in WJC. From what I've seen/heard, I'd say he's got like 3-4 more years before maybe he's in NHL. A 5-6 dman with maybe #4 upside. Others can correct me if they think different.

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
He was pretty promoted by some ppl here throughout the season. Did well in the league, also was playing with Kopitar and Getzlaf (I believe), but a lot of his points I think were there before they got there. Did well in WJC. From what I've seen/heard, I'd say he's got like 3-4 more years before maybe he's in NHL. A 5-6 dman with maybe #4 upside. Others can correct me if they think different.

It was Bobby Ryan, not Getzlaf.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa

Except it was not Elitserien but Allsvenskan.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
But you're right, he's definitely getting his fair share of hype on these boards.

Intriguing prospect for sure, I believe he's coming over to Bingo, correct?

Not yet, he was pursued by most major SEL teams but he surprised everyone when he signed again in the lesser league with Mora for another year.

I say he plays top minutes in the league in Mora again next year to refine his game, another year in Sweden but an SEL team then he'll bring over his skills to NA.

He has promising potential, no real holes in his game but he could work to improve his overall skating.

Aggen

May 11, 2012
I just want to reassure most people here about the 2nd league in Sweden. 2nd league in Sweden is really really good, and the gap between SEL and SEL-2 is very small. The top SEL-2 teams are pretty much as good as the bottom SEL teams. Last year, 2 SEL-2 teams overtook 2 spots in the SEL by beating the current SELteams. SEL-2 is a big chunk better then what it was when OEL (PHX) played in it, and took the step from SEL-2 -> NHL.

I am certain that Wikstrand has the potential to take the step SEL-2 -> NHL just like OEL did. But the previous poster is right, Wikstrand could need a bit more rawspeed in skating to develop.

However, I will promise that I will give information throughout the season on both Högberg and Wikstrand, I will most likely see every game the upcoming season.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I just want to reassure most people here about the 2nd league in Sweden. 2nd league in Sweden is really really good, and the gap between SEL and SEL-2 is very small. The top SEL-2 teams are pretty much as good as the bottom SEL teams. Last year, 2 SEL-2 teams overtook 2 spots in the SEL by beating the current SELteams. SEL-2 is a big chunk better then what it was when OEL (PHX) played in it, and took the step from SEL-2 -> NHL.

I am certain that Wikstrand has the potential to take the step SEL-2 -> NHL just like OEL did. But the previous poster is right, Wikstrand could need a bit more rawspeed in skating to develop.

However, I will promise that I will give information throughout the season on both Högberg and Wikstrand, I will most likely see every game the upcoming season.

Awesome! Thanks

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah that's very cool. I'm not overly optimistic about Wikstrand, but he is an interesting prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad