Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Update 2013-2014 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worraps

Oct 23, 2011
Edmonton
I've been congratulating you guys on getting Lazar where you did for almost a year now but it was a pretty remarkable stroke of scouting/luck.

Luck because if not for a streak of unlucky bounces during the early part of his draft year, he'd have gone in the top 10 for sure, and scouting because your scouts were able to see past that.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I've been congratulating you guys on getting Lazar where you did for almost a year now but it was a pretty remarkable stroke of scouting/luck.

Luck because if not for a streak of unlucky bounces during the early part of his draft year, he'd have gone in the top 10 for sure, and scouting because your scouts were able to see past that.

What do you see his potential as, relative to what other prospects are being hailed to become?

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Ha how fast things change. I remember peoples reaction when we drafted the guy.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I could see him as a pretty solid 50 point 25g 25a second line center. But I don't exPect that right away xD

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
Ha how fast things change. I remember peoples reaction when we drafted the guy.

Generally, the vast majority of us didn't have a clue. It's the same for pretty much any organization's fans and draft time. If your team reaches or does not take who you would expect them to take based on the draft rankings of "experts", we immediately think something's wrong.

I'm guessing at least 95% of us never watched more than 5 games of Lazar before he was drafted.

I for one will admit that I was hoping we took Shinkaruk, and boy am I glad the Sens scouting staff thought differently.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Yeah I wanted Mantha tbh. I thought we needed a boom bust guy like him....

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Same man. I wanted one of Horvat, Lazar, Wennberg or Mantha. Was stoked when we drafted Curtis and still am.

Liked Horvat a lot too but didn't think he would last to our pick. It's funny because I drafted him last year as new jersey on the board mock draft and he got picked at the same spot.

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
Same man. I wanted one of Horvat, Lazar, Wennberg or Mantha. Was stoked when we drafted Curtis and still am.

I wanted Pulock as well, still think hes going to be amazing. Once he was off the board tho, Lazar and Klimchuk were who I was hoping for. Would of been okay with Shinkaruk as well

Pumping my own tires a little, around the draft :

I was at the cottage so couldnt post on HF, but I wanna say something now...

Im very happy with this pick, in 2011 he was being compared to only Barkov and Mackinnon but took a little slide with not the greatest season this year.

Anyways love the pick, really think he can be a star, disagree with 3rd liner.

Last edited:

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Pew pew. I hope we give him a Major Lazer theme song when he scores.

I liked this quote:

“Reid Petryk made a great play in traffic, was able to lay and pass it back to Corbett and we sort of made eye contact,” Lazar said. “He just threw a slap pass on my tape. It’s actually funny, we worked on those slap passes last practice. For it to pay off like it did tonight was pretty incredible.”

Last edited:

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
happy with lazar but wanted Mantha he is going to be real good

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
happy with lazar but wanted Mantha he is going to be real good

Kane vs Toews.

Pick your poison.

Going forward though, Lazar gonna be very crucial because will be a very young team looking for identity with Spezza and Phillips/Neil gone now and in couple of years. Lazar/Turris/MacArthur/Methot/Karlsson is good way to quickly rebuild a contending, gritty core.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Kane vs Toews.

Pick your poison.

Going forward though, Lazar gonna be very crucial because will be a very young team looking for identity with Spezza and Phillips/Neil gone now and in couple of years. Lazar/Turris/MacArthur/Methot/Karlsson is good way to quickly rebuild a contending, gritty core.

i dont think lazar will be a game breaker like Toews. I think Mantha might be a game breaker close to kane though

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
Kane vs Toews.

Pick your poison.

Lazar has that will to win. I'm starting to believe he'll be our best forward when the rebuild ends. And I definitely prefer two way over one dimensional albeit very skilled. Along with the leadership qualities, thats just gravy.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Lazar has that will to win. I'm starting to believe he'll be our best forward when the rebuild ends. And I definitely prefer two way over one dimensional albeit very skilled. Along with the leadership qualities, thats just gravy.

mantha doesnt have leadership? that is hard to evaluate don't you think

Mantha just put up 81 goals in 81 games this year. That is insane and with his size...wow

Lazar will be good but I think Mantha will be a top line player and lazar will be a 2nd line player on a contender

Magix

Oct 10, 2010

Mantha just put up 81 goals in 81 games this year. That is insane and with his size...wow

Lazar will be good but I think Mantha will be a top line player and lazar will be a 2nd line player on a contender

Never said that.

I just prefer lazar's game more so than mantha's. If we had mantha I'd be stoked, just like I'm stoked for lazar.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
i dont think lazar will be a game breaker like Toews. I think Mantha might be a game breaker close to kane though

What makes you think that? He broke record in points u17, he carried team Canada in WJHC, he carried his team to finals and won WHL cup, he just scored triple OT winner and has been their best game so far in Memorial cup.

If that isn't game breaking, I don't know WHAT is.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

Kinda less impressive when you consider Duclair, Dea, and Joly put up 50, 49 and 44 in the regular season in that league.

Personally, I wanted Mantha at the draft but I'd rather have Lazar or Poirer now.

We Want the Cup 2010

Jun 16, 2009
What makes you think that? He broke record in points u17, he carried team Canada in WJHC, he carried his team to finals and won WHL cup, he just scored triple OT winner and has been their best game so far in Memorial cup.

Toews has better puck skills, but I agree they play a similar style.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

Toews has better puck skills and I wouldn't lazar carried the wjhc Mantha was good too. Though no one on Canada was that good. I think u are exaggerating the word carried cause the oil kings have a solid amount of talent

I don't think he will be offensive enough in the nhl to be considered a game breaker but I think Mantha has a good chance with his size and skill

Last edited:

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Kinda less impressive when you consider Duclair, Dea, and Joly put up 50, 49 and 44 in the regular season in that league.

Personally, I wanted Mantha at the draft but I'd rather have Lazar or Poirer now.

9 players in the whl put up 40 goals or more
9 players in the qmjhl put up 40 goals or more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad