Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Update 2013-2014 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Our forgotten prospect Jakub Culek is having a good season in ECHL. He had 6 points (1+5) in past 3 games and is leading Elmira in scoring with 26 points in 31 games.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Our forgotten prospect Jakub Culek is having a good season in ECHL. He had 6 points (1+5) in past 3 games and is leading Elmira in scoring with 26 points in 31 games.

He's setting himself up nicely for the KHL and/or Czech league next year.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
He is still the youngest player in Elmira and one of the youngest in ECHL so let's see.

I expect him to be playing in Bingo next yr, there are just too many players with contracts this yr.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Nice of Culek to be seemingly making a player of himself. His post draft season was disastrous. He compares pretty favourably to those drafted around him actually, he just has the pressure of a) almost busting right off the bat and b) being our highest draft pick that year.

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
1. How is Matt puempel doing this season ? Any bingo fans that can shed some light on how hes doing?

2. Ditto on Shane prince would love to see him play a couple of games for ottawa.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
good one. i hadn't thought of a claesson-vikstrand pairing

Unless one gets traded .... they do have some value & Claesson is having a good yr in Bingo, I bet TM certainly knows that. And Ottawa just happens to have quite a few left shot defencemen. :nod:

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Unless one gets traded .... they do have some value & Claesson is having a good yr in Bingo, I bet TM certainly knows that. And Ottawa just happens to have quite a few left shot defencemen. :nod:

Claesson is a keeper. I'd rather trade someone else. I'm hopeful that next year we are at least looking at Claesson and Wikstrand. Some sort of

Cowen - Karlsson
Methot - Ceci
Claesson - Wikstrand
Wiercioch - Borowiecki
Gryba

KAPOW

has no rispeck
Nov 12, 2008
at home
Claesson is a keeper. I'd rather trade someone else. I'm hopeful that next year we are at least looking at Claesson and Wikstrand. Some sort of

Cowen - Karlsson
Methot - Ceci
Claesson - Wikstrand
Wiercioch - Borowiecki
Gryba

i agree with that. seems like a pretty good replacement for phillips when his time is up. shutdown dman, character guy, certainly has a place here.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

Cowen - Karlsson
Methot - Ceci
Claesson - Wikstrand
Wiercioch - Borowiecki
Gryba

Claesson yes, but I don't see Wikstrand with the big club. He'll need time in the AHL to adjust to the smaller rink. Pretty much all Swedes go through this, some faster than others. Look at Claesson, he was just ok last year. But this year he's on another level.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Cowen - Karlsson
Methot - Ceci
Claesson - Wikstrand
Wiercioch - Borowiecki
Gryba
NINE DEFENCEMEN??? I don't think so, obviously we'll see what happens next yr but I think Wikstrand stays in Sweden for another yr or if he does come over he'll be assigned to Bingo as Claesson was. BTW both Claesson & Wikstrand are left shots so I doubt they will play together. Cowen, Karlsson, Methot, Ceci, Wiercioch & Boroweicki are signed for next season & Gryba is an RFA that will be re-signed considering how well he is playing. Neither Claesson & specifically Wikstrand are going to beat them out next yr, I don't see that happening at all, Claesson will likely be a first callup though. But if there is a deal a defenceman could be part of it & I'm not sure BM moves a roster defenceman unless it's Phillips or Corvo this yr.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
NINE DEFENCEMEN??? I don't think so, obviously we'll see what happens next yr but I think Wikstrand stays in Sweden for another yr or if he does come over he'll be assigned to Bingo as Claesson was. BTW both Claesson & Wikstrand are left shots so I doubt they will play together. Cowen, Karlsson, Methot, Ceci, Wiercioch & Boroweicki are signed for next season & Gryba is an RFA that will be re-signed considering how well he is playing. Neither Claesson & specifically Wikstrand are going to beat them out next yr, I don't see that happening at all, Claesson will likely be a first callup though. But if there is a deal a defenceman could be part of it & I'm not sure BM moves a roster defenceman unless it's Phillips or Corvo this yr.

"Aragorn":

I think that Ottawa will trade Wiercioch by the deadline or over the summer, Corvo will Not be resigned. Phillips is a question mark not sure if he will play 1 more season or not. I do Not think Ottawa will trade him as he has played his whole career in Ottawa since 1997, but I could be wrong about that after Alfie.........

So I see a spot open for Claesson next season, also for Boroweicki if those moves are made and Phillips retires, as that would make 7 D-men for Ottawa next season.

I agree that RFA Gryba will be resigned as I have always said that out of PW, Boro and Gryba that Gryba was the best of the group.

Wikstrand I agree another season in Sweden for him......

But I have been wrong in my thinking about what Ottawa will do, so I guess we will wait and see ººº.....

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

"Aragorn":

I think that Ottawa will trade Wiercioch by the deadline or over the summer, Corvo will Not be resigned. Phillips is a question mark not sure if he will play 1 more season or not. I do Not think Ottawa will trade him as he has played his whole career in Ottawa since 1997, but I could be wrong about that after Alfie.........

So I see a spot open for Claesson next season, also for Boroweicki if those moves are made and Phillips retires, as that would make 7 D-men for Ottawa next season.

I agree that RFA Gryba will be resigned as I have always said that out of PW, Boro and Gryba that Gryba was the best of the group.

Wikstrand I agree another season in Sweden for him......

But I have been wrong in my thinking about what Ottawa will do, so I guess we will wait and see ººº.....

Well Boro will be there 100% before Claesson seeing he has a 1-way deal in Ottawa

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Vincent Dunn has been suspended for the 5th time this season.

:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->