Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Talk 2016-2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I think i should ask again but more clearly. Let's say White draft +1 vs Brown draft +1. Who was it that point the better player? And i understand that Brown is currently in that year.

Because while Brown potential is higher, he doesn't look like the better player, if we look what White has done. But potential is what it is potential ! So Brown could become better if he is able to unlock that potential.

That's maybe why some say that White floor is higher, while Brown ceiling is higher.

I'm also asking because we see White's name a lot when it come to trade and i really think it would be a mistake. Maybe because i'm really high on him :laugh:

Well, yeah. That is the answer to the question you asked. Brown's potential, is unquestionably higher than White's.

Let's use arbitrary numbers to make a point.

Brown's floor is at 50. His ceiling is at 90

White's floor is 65. His ceiling is 80.

White isn't a project, he is pretty well a fully built prospect. Brown is a guy we need to put together. If you ask me who was the better player, I would still say Brown had been the better guy until ~2 weeks ago, while he was playing injured.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
If they go all the way to the Frozen 4. It would end on April 8.

http://bceagles.com/schedule.aspx?path=mhockey.

I don't think White is going to play for Ottawa this year. He might be sent to Bingo to have some feel about the pro game. If we are out of a playoff spot, than maybe he's going to play for Ottawa.

Games in Ottawa is likely the bargaining chip to get him to sign at the end of the year.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Well, yeah. That is the answer to the question you asked. Brown's potential, is unquestionably higher than White's.

Let's use arbitrary numbers to make a point.

Brown's floor is at 50. His ceiling is at 90

White's floor is 65. His ceiling is 80.

White isn't a project, he is pretty well a fully built prospect. Brown is a guy we need to put together. If you ask me who was the better player, I would still say Brown had been the better guy until ~2 weeks ago, while he was playing injured.

Yeah i reread after, i was like : Hummm that's pretty much the logical answer to my question :laugh:

Thanks, for the answer, i just hope to see them both on the U.S team. White could captain that team aslo.

But i see way too much people ready to trade White, just like i said. I think it would be a mistake, on the long run. White is underrated, IMO.

Games in Ottawa is likely the bargaining chip to get him to sign at the end of the year.

You are probably right, didn't thought that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad