GDT: Senators @ Devils 7 PM Because it's on the Schedule three

Status
Not open for further replies.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Also another dose of cold hard reality for people who have their head's in the sand.

If this team under performs again next year, Fitz is almost certainly going to end up fired and the next GM is going to look to cause some serious roster turnover.

This core won't stay together past next year if they don't grow up and start performing next season.
You accuse people of assuming the future, while assuming the future in the complete opposite direction….

We also don’t have our heads in the sand, we are constantly describing the changes that are needed…

Like I said. A breather is needed

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I think I see what the issue is. The erroneous conclusion that having a few individual players that are young and nebulously “talented” means that eventually the team will become consistently good again, regardless of any other context or aspects of what it takes to actually consistently win and be a cup contender.
:lol: so now the Devils young players aren’t even really talented? Tell me which young Devils are not truly talented?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Bring back Ruff and fire Green.

I think this team would have looked a lot better with Ruff sans Green.

Maybe Green would have been fine coaching something like the PK, but he’s completely worthless at coaching offense/forwards and
We’ve known for over a half decade that he’s nothing as a head coach.

Reactions: My3Sons

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Im out. The insane asylum is running rampant. I will take a breather myself.
IMG_4319.jpeg

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
it's ok the devils lost the ducks, sharks, coyotes, many other bad teams this year. we had great Vegas odds to make the cup!!

my point is this franchise is and has been in a sad state
So we should just assume it will continue that way?

Look, this season sucks. I'm not going to sugarcoat it. I've been at various points disappointed, depressed, and pissed off just like everybody else. That doesn't mean the future isn't still bright. The core of this team is too talented to be bad for long. This season was a miserable cocktail of injuries, coaching, goaltending, and other stuff. Sure, its possible it happens again next season, but I don't think it's all that likely. Ultimately I think we'll look back on this season as the outlier. Sometimes good teams have awful seasons.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think that’s the last COC opponent on home ice of the season. We play them one more time in Ottawa and Buffalo is the only other team that’s pretty far from a playoff spot that we play for the rest of the year.

And I guess Pittsburgh if you consider them lol.

I hope the production team and or front office know better than to do a welcome back for Brunette when Nashville is in town in a bit. Kind of like when stopped announcing coaches names after starting lineups to keep fans from booing.

Reactions: My3Sons

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I think that’s the last COC opponent on home ice of the season. We play them one more time in Ottawa and Buffalo is the only other team that’s pretty far from a playoff spot that we play for the rest of the year.

And I guess Pittsburgh if you consider them lol.

I hope the production team and or front office know better than to do a welcome back for Brunette when Nashville is in town in a bit. Kind of like when stopped announcing coaches names after starting lineups to keep fans from booing.
They should do a golf cart related video lol

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
If want to be optimistic that's great, but if you want to bitch, bitch, just nock the bullshit off.

Pace yourselves, we have to do this shit show all over again tomorrow lol.
I love a good shit show!

Reactions: JK3

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Last few weeks have been rough.

Tensions are rising in here, lots of dooming, trolling, name calling, endless back and forths/arguments... we're all fans of the same team, but we're also all very passionate lol. It's only gonna get uglier as the off-season rolls around. Hopefully we can all get along asap, cause it means the team is playing good, lmfao.

YARN | It's ugly, man. | Scarface (1983) | Video gifs by quotes | be7b31d4  | 紗

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
:lol: so now the Devils young players aren’t even really talented? Tell me which young Devils are not truly talented?
That’s not at all what I said. Re-read the post.

Almost every single nhl team has some amount of individually talented players. The question is what type of talent and do you have the right mix and amount of each type? Then you have the questions of chemistry, coaching, leadership, and culture.

There’s more that goes into creating a consistent winner other than putting a together some well regarded prospects and labeling them the core.

Reactions: johnny pierogi

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Last few weeks have been rough.

Tensions are rising in here, lots of dooming, trolling, name calling, endless back and forths/arguments... we're all fans of the same team, but we're also all very passionate lol. It's only gonna get uglier as the off-season rolls around. Hopefully we can all get along asap, cause it means the team is playing good, lmfao.

YARN | It's ugly, man. | Scarface (1983) | Video gifs by quotes | be7b31d4  | 紗's ugly, man. | Scarface (1983) | Video gifs by quotes | be7b31d4  | 紗
I think you got my pineapple reference?

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
it's ok the devils lost to the ducks, sharks, coyotes, many other bad teams this year. we had great Vegas odds to make the cup!!

my point is this franchise is and has been in a sad state
No, you asked how can anyone be “optimistic”? The team has objectively one of the most talented cores in the league and that was reflected in the preseason Vegas odds. It isn’t blind optimism to believe the team will be good next year. You are so upset because of how good this team should be and how far off the mark they are. It took 100 things going wrong for this to happen.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
That’s not at all what I said. Re-read the post.

Almost every single nhl team has some amount of individually talented players. The question is what type of talent and do you have the right mix and amount of each type? Then you have the questions of chemistry, coaching, leadership, and culture.

There’s more that goes into creating a consistent winner other than putting a together some well regarded prospects and labeling them the core.
You literally called their talent nebulous and said they had “talent” in quotes, which means not true. That’s obviously saying the talent isn’t legitimate.

If you said “I’m not sure the team makeup is where it should be” that’s different than questioning the talent itself.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Lest anyone forget. No accountability whatsoever. And Haula protecting his face LOL!

I mean how do we know Haula didn't say something under his breath five seconds later or in the locker room? He did tap him on the hand in one of those clips, maybe that was the start of a 'pep talk'. Not like you really want to embarrass the face of the franchise on camera. We can all assume nothing was ever said because Jack's been 'distracted' for the last few months but this seems like a manufactured hill to die on.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
And if he showed no emotion he'd be labeled as not caring or some other bullshit because people need to support their narratives.

There's a time to show emotion, but that time isn't to literally stand by the offensive zone end boards, just Jack and the referee and crying about the non-call while the play continues up ice and you leave your teammates to cover for you.

I mean how do we know Haula didn't say something under his breath five seconds later? He did tap him on the hand in one of those videos, maybe that was the start of a 'pep talk'. Not like you really want to embarass the face of the franchise on camera. We can all assume nothing was ever said because Jack's been 'distracted' for the last few months but this seems like a manufactured hill to die on.

Fair enough. But the optics were not good and Jack is no longer the 1st or 2nd year kid who should need to be reminded about when to voice displeasure and when not to.

Reactions: johnny pierogi

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
People on both sides do go too far because the other side digs in, I think the happy clappers are being naive in not acknowledging multiple issues with this roster and thinking one more goalie change and coaching change fixes everything but IF Fitz gets this offseason right they'll be right back in the position they looked to be going into this season, it's also not QUITE as dire as some portray. The Dougie absence does get underplayed as a major issue this year.

The unfortunate part is because of Fitz's own terrible year (not to mention the lack of actual proven solutions available to these two problems) I can no longer assume he's going to get these two major decisions AND all the other satellite roster decisions right, or at least enough of them to be a comfortable 100-point playoff team again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad