GDT: Senators at Ducks 9PM GMT (1PM PDT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Man, that was one boring game. Ottawa might as well have just flown straight back to Ottawa instead of sticking around for this game :laugh:

salsa man

SALSA
Nov 20, 2013
California
I'm glad Vermette is working out for us. I really wanted him as a rental two seasons ago, but the Hawks got him instead. I'll admit i was ok trading Rakell for him at the time. Still makes me wonder what would have happened if we got him instead of the Hawks that season.

No, no, no, no, no. Eradicate that type of thinking from your brain. You don't trade top prospects for rentals, unless that rental is Marian Hossa/Ilya Kovalchuk, and even then it's very, very risky imo.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
No, no, no, no, no. Eradicate that type of thinking from your brain. You don't trade top prospects for rentals, unless that rental is Marian Hossa/Ilya Kovalchuk, and even then it's very, very risky imo.

Yeah, yeah I know. That was when I wanted to go the Chicago route and trade potential good players for proven ones to help win a cup. Of course, I don't see things that way anymore, but back then I believed Vermette was a player that would help us win a cup. Also, I wasn't hyped on Rakell as much as I am now.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Thought Shaw finally had a good game. So good I will stop calling him brown on accident. 4th line was good, 3rd line was good (so love vermette), 2nd line was good.

How good would our defense be if could ice someone other than bieksa.

And these are the type of games that make me worry about Gibson in the plyaoffs. He was all over three place and out of control. Good thing we weren't playing a team trying to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad