Prospect Info: Senators 2015 Development Camp

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Prince isn't at camp since he finished his ELC. That's also why guys like Claesson and Schneider aren't there.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Any word why Prince wasn't at dev camp? I just watched the awards video posted by the Sens and saw only Puempel and Driedger were put into the hall of fame (dev camp graduates).

Once players are off their ELC, they are no longer eligible to participate. Keep in mind Prince has 3 full seasons of pro hockey under his belt.

I don't think any player participates in more than 4. Puempel didn't really get to fully participate in his 1st back in 2011 so he could be making up for lost time. He didn't really participate in the scrimmages anyways this year.

As for Tansey, I believe he's planning on returning to college. I'd bet he signs with us after he's done school. I liked Moldenhauer more. He seemed to have a good shot, is huge and moved pretty well. He might be this year's Trevor VanRymsdyk.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
And that's exactly what the Sens have to do. We don't have the luxury of picking in the top 5 where you're almost guaranteed to get an amazingly skilled player. We're stuck drafting in the bottom half, so we need to find those kids that are mold-able with a great work ethic and a commitment to improve their game.

That's the main reason why a lot of teams can't get out of no-mans land: going for the sexy picks, prospects and players. Guys who are one-dimensional and have little room for improvement.

We're definitely on the right track. All we need is patience. These kids don't develop overnight.

It takes about 9 months, if I recall correctly! :)

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Harpur seems like a hot head to me. The guy gets easily frustrated and tries to act like he runs the place. After he got slashed a couple times, he did that stupid thing where he held the puck near the line and wouldn't pass to anyone for like 10 seconds just circling back. Frustrated his teammates who started tapping their sticks for the puck.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Thanks for the reports on the development camp

Thanks for all the reports from those who attended the Sens development and reported on it in this blog...

It is appreciated.

From now till September there is not that much going on in hockey.....

As we are now entering what I call the dog days of hockey......

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
Sorry if this has been beaten to death, but how does our prospect tournament team look? I really hope we can develop some of these late picks into gems.

How many guys are we expecting on try outs, as I would not mind some competitions for an ELC with the team (more guys into our system).

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Thanks for all the reports from those who attended the Sens development and reported on it in this blog...

It is appreciated.

From now till September there is not that much going on in hockey.....

As we are now entering what I call the dog days of hockey......

I agree. Thanks for all the info and comments.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Sorry if this has been beaten to death, but how does our prospect tournament team look? I really hope we can develop some of these late picks into gems.

How many guys are we expecting on try outs, as I would not mind some competitions for an ELC with the team (more guys into our system).

Puempel-Paul-Robinson
Perron-Dzingel -Lindberg
McCormick-Chlapik-Gagne
Guptill-Ewanyk-Dunn

Chabot - Wikstrand
Harpur-Rutkowski
XX-XX

O'Connor
Dreidger

There's definitely some room as most of our D prospects will be headed back to school or to the SHL.

Don't know if I missed anyone.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Puempel-Paul-Robinson
Perron-Dzingel -Lindberg
McCormick-Chlapik-Gagne
Guptill-Ewanyk-Dunn

Chabot - Wikstrand
Harpur-Rutkowski
XX-XX

O'Connor
Dreidger

There's definitely some room as most of our D prospects will be headed back to school or to the SHL.

Give Tansey one of those D spots! But that team should really be a winner!! pretty impressive IMO

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Harpur seems like a hot head to me. The guy gets easily frustrated and tries to act like he runs the place. After he got slashed a couple times, he did that stupid thing where he held the puck near the line and wouldn't pass to anyone for like 10 seconds just circling back. Frustrated his teammates who started tapping their sticks for the puck.

probably just the thing management is looking for from him

TrueGrit

Jul 3, 2006
Puempel-Paul-Robinson
Perron-Dzingel -Lindberg
McCormick-Chlapik-Gagne
Guptill-Ewanyk-Dunn

Chabot - Wikstrand
Harpur-Rutkowski
XX-XX

O'Connor
Dreidger

White?

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Once players are off their ELC, they are no longer eligible to participate. Keep in mind Prince has 3 full seasons of pro hockey under his belt.

I don't think any player participates in more than 4. Puempel didn't really get to fully participate in his 1st back in 2011 so he could be making up for lost time. He didn't really participate in the scrimmages anyways this year.

As for Tansey, I believe he's planning on returning to college. I'd bet he signs with us after he's done school. I liked Moldenhauer more. He seemed to have a good shot, is huge and moved pretty well. He might be this year's Trevor VanRymsdyk.

Dzingel and McCormick

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Give Tansey one of those D spots! But that team should really be a winner!! pretty impressive IMO

Would love to see Tansey sign with Ottawa.

probably just the thing management is looking for from him

Exactly, they asked him to play with more of an edge & he showed that this morning by fighting with Jaros & going after Chabot for the slash. I liked it, good to see him play that way, Ottawa could use a few more guys that play with more edge.

He can't unless he leaves school.

I believe Annahiem & Ottawa are in the running to sign Tansey & he decided to attend Ottawa's development camp? Not sure if he is going back to school or will decide to sign with an NHL team soon. Unfortunately, Bingo already has a lot of defencemen but I would like to see this guy down there, he plays a pretty tough defensive game.

http://the6thsens.com/2015-articles/senators-fancy-kevin-tansey.html

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Would love to see Tansey sign with Ottawa.

Exactly, they asked him to play with more of an edge & he showed that this morning by fighting with Jaros & going after Chabot for the slash. I liked it, good to see him play that way, Ottawa could use a few more guys that play with more edge.

I believe Annahiem & Ottawa are in the running to sign Tansey & he decided to attend Ottawa's development camp? Not sure if he is going back to school or will decide to sign with an NHL team soon. Unfortunately, Bingo already has a lot of defencemen but I would like to see this guy down there, he plays a pretty tough defensive game.

http://the6thsens.com/2015-articles/senators-fancy-kevin-tansey.html

I didn't bother looking into it but he has been there for 4 seasons at Clarkson so he might be done with school. He missed a full season though so I dunno if he's still eligible to play.

I just figured since he hadn't singed he was going back. It's not like he has a great shot at making the NHL so I wouldn't expect him to forego an ivy league education for a AHL job. Maybe he has some classes left before graduating? He did miss a semester according to that link you posted.

If he's done, I expect he'll be invited to the tournament. If not he could be a late addition to Bingo next year.

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I agree that White has a lot of developing to do, and he will have time to do it. Four years at Boston College and then we'll truly see what we have with him.

Wait, do you really believe that White will be there 4 years? If I was a gambler, I'd go all in and say max 2 years... White was not a 7th rounder...

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
Randy Lee just said on TGOR that Wikstrand is willing to go to Bingo and had a meeting with Lee, Dorion and Murray to discuss it. Seems like they really want him to be a part of the future if all the management heavy hitters are meeting with him.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Randy Lee just said on TGOR that Wikstrand is willing to go to Bingo and had a meeting with Lee, Dorion and Murray to discuss it. Seems like they really want him to be a part of the future if all the management heavy hitters are meeting with him.

That's really good news. If he's willing to go there, he could be playing games up with the big club in no time. He could be the backup plan if both Wideman and Boro fail as a 3rd pairing RD.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Great news. I really feel this guy will be up with the team sooner than later.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Max McCormick was Development camp's hardest worker award winner

Smitty26

Oct 24, 2011
would it be okay in this thread for me to pose the question:

Who is eligible to play for Binghamton this season? What will the lineups potentially be? What are your expectations?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad