GDT: Semifinals - February 23 - Czech Republic (0) vs Russia (3)

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
2018 Olympic Tournament
Semifinals

February 23
2:40 AM ET • 8:40 AM CET

czech_republic_64.png
russia_64.png

Czech Republic
Confirmed lineup

Goaltenders:
33 Pavel Francouz
38 Dominik Furch

Defensemen:
61 Adam Polášek - 87 Jakub Nakládal
29 Jan Kolár "A" - 65 Vojtech Mozík
74 Ondrej Vitásek - 84 Tomáš Kundrátek
23 Ondrej Nemec

Forwards:
91 Martin Erat "C" - 43 Jan Kovár "A" - 18 Dominik Kubalík
10 Roman Cervenka - 86 Tomáš Mertl - 27 Martin Ružicka
64 Jirí Sekác - 42 Petr Koukal - 69 Lukáš Radil
16 Michal Birner - 51 Roman Horák - 62 Michal Repík
79 Tomáš Zohorna

Scratched:
G 32 Patrik Bartošák
D 47 Michal Jordán
F 82 Michal Vondrka

Russia
Confirmed lineup

Goaltenders:
83 Vasily Koshechkin
30 Ilya Sorokin

Defensemen:
4 Vladislav Gavrikov - 26 Vyacheslav Voynov
55 Bogdan Kiselevich - 89 Nikita Nesterov
2 Artyom Zub - 28 Andrei Zubarev
44 Yegor Yakolev

Forwards:
21 Sergei Kalinin - 11 Sergei Andronov "A" - 71 Ilya Kovalchuk "A"
77 Kirill Kaprizov - 13 Pavel Datsyuk "C" - 97 Nikita Gusev
52 Sergei Shirokov - 74 Nikolai Prokhorkin - 94 Alexander Barabanov
10 Sergei Mozyakin - 25 Mikhail Grigorenko - 7 Ivan Telegin
29 Ilya Kablukov

Scratched:
G 31 Igor Shestyorkin
D 53 Alexei Marchenko
F 87 Vadim Shipachyov

Last edited:

jimstark

May 22, 2014
Have not been able to se any games so far but will se this one tomorow. What do you russian think about this game and how has Russia looked so far ? I have noticed that Shipachyov has been out for most of the tournament is he hurt? Glad to see Nikita Gusev doing well in the point race he has a bright future for Russia (and Tampa if i remember it correct) GO RUSSIA!!!

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Have not been able to se any games so far but will se this one tomorow. What do you russian think about this game and how has Russia looked so far ? I have noticed that Shipachyov has been out for most of the tournament is he hurt? Glad to see Nikita Gusev doing well in the point race he has a bright future for Russia (and Tampa if i remember it correct) GO RUSSIA!!!
Shipachyov is in the doghouse for poor play. Gusev's rights were traded to Vegas in the offseason. The way Vegas plays now he might be interested when his contract is up.

On paper Russia should win the tournament. So it is Russia's to lose. Hence the pressure.

The Czechs look good actually. A typical czech team. Suffocating defence and they will punish the slightest mistake with a quick breakaway. Tough to play against.

This game is not in the books until the final whistle.

jimstark

May 22, 2014
Oh Vegas got Gusev rights now did not know that thanks :) Looks like a great team if he joins them. I know the Czechs are hard to play against i hope the guys give 110 %. Cant wait to them played very pumped up for this one

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
Dont want to look alibistic here but I am afraid our coach lost sense how to play against Russia. Team looks good so I would normally say it will be tight battle but this is my only concern. Still having that last WHC in my head. But otherwise go czechs go!

malkins

Mar 28, 2008
Alpha Centauri
After having been to Prague a year ago, I am totally in love with Czech Rep.! To me, it was Sochi first, then then World Cup that hav finally broken my Team's virtue...Even if we win this one, it still matters not. I am just hoping for the next Kucherovs of our age to bring us back to the Olympus at some point!

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Michal Jordan perhaps will play, according to the latest information, he is 50/50.
I expect a tough game. Russians had a poor start to the tournament, but since then, they keep improving rapidly, proving they have tones of skill on their roster.
The Czech looked nervous and not very good against the USA, but this was obviously because the majority of Czechs fans expected them to win for sure, keeping in mind that this US team without any NHLers shouldn't be a big deal on paper. The players apparently felt this pressure.
CZE - RUS matches are always special, the rivalry in decades old, many Czech players play in Russia. It will surely be a fun game.

Reactions: Sportpsych90

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Very hard game to predict. I'm not one of those who underestimates Czechs when it comes to playoffs.

Comes down to the usual; goalies, refereeing and power play goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00