GDT: Semifinal • May 13 • Czech Republic 2, Sweden 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexus

OWN THE MOMENT.
Jan 29, 2009
Damn, i was really impressed by Sweden in this game.. the result was definitely closer to 6-2/7-2 then 4-3.

The Swedes was far away the better team today.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Well, we weren't sure about the capacity of this young and unexperienced team, now we know more. :-D

Oyabun

Dec 29, 2009
The Czech team was superior. The refereeing were partial and it showed. It's unfortunate but that's the politics of international hockey. But anyways, back to the Stanley Cup playoffs! :D

Utter nonsense. The score reflected the game. The refs did an ok job.

Which phantom calls did they take on the Czechs and which Swedish infractions did they let slide ???. If you wanna spew that kind of BS then atleast be more specific.

As for where the refs were from. I believe 1 was from Russia, 1 from Canada and I forget.

Final!!!, what an amazing job by this team. Tonight I will be cheering for Finland for a change. It would be great to meet the Finns in a final.

Paatos

Jan 5, 2006
Oulu
The Czech team was superior.

Stevie-Wonder.jpg

MoonDragn

Mar 28, 2007
Maryland
Well at least Elias scored 2 goals. That means he wasn't injured from that last game. What happened to Jagr? did he get shut down?

asmodeanreborn

Jun 14, 2010
Longmont, CO
Final!!!, what an amazing job by this team. Tonight I will be cheering for Finland for a change. It would be great to meet the Finns in a final.

Agreed, I think it'd be a fun matchup.

It's nice to see that Tre Kronor now has decent goaltending even when King Henrik can't play.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
The Czech team was superior. The refereeing were partial and it showed. It's unfortunate but that's the politics of international hockey. But anyways, back to the Stanley Cup playoffs! :D

Czechs had a tiny advantage in the first period, after that Sweden controlled the game. I agree that we got lucky on a couple of non calls, but it wasn't a travesty or what ever you make it out to be.

Djurgardsjavel

Oct 29, 2010
Valhalla
I hate playing against swedes. It's always the shi**iest performance in the whole tournament.

And why do you suppose that is? Don't think it's a coincidence, you see. The defensive game is where we shine, and I think, where you in turn struggle. We don't suit you that well as a team when our gameplan is working 100%.

Pentothal

Listen with one ear
Dec 30, 2008
It's not even close
That third line is amazing. They play hard, compliment each other well and are effective all over the ice.

Also, Backlund redeemed himself big time after a couple of early mistakes.

The future is bright!

Lugaid

Hajlajtreelmål!
May 28, 2008
Stockholm
I think the finns will win tonight too. But I wonder who has the most "silver potential", our WJC-squad (who never won the gold) or the finns :D

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
That was such a great game by the swedes =) Cant remember the last time I was this impressed by a national team

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Would love to see Tedenby be the hero.
At least he was voted player of the game by the Swedish viewers. For his tenacious skating probably.

Sweden's snipers hit the net, the Czechs missed (Berglund and Backlund were awesome). Sweden's players were also more aggressive in front of both nets, which proved to be the difference. Berglund said in the studio after the game that he's very impressed by Swedish goalie Fasth and that he believes he's of NHL quality. Will be interesting to see where he ends up. My bet is Tampa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad