wca.gif
Bevan Mills | -
Linesman​
|
wus.gif
Judson Ritter | -

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014
hopefully Sweden got their def in order, otherwise russians are going to eat them alive.. (They will hit between the pipes :D)

ante3118

Jan 3, 2015
Stockholm, Sweden
Really surprised by our team so far, on paper the weakest we've had for years but Grönborg has managed to build a great TEAM out of it. Next years tourney will be amazing with something like 15 players returning including all the key ones: Nylander, Aho, Kylington, Lindblom, Holmström, Söderström, Forsling... etc.

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014
Really surprised by our team so far, on paper the weakest we've had for years but Grönborg has managed to build a great TEAM out of it. Next years tourney will be amazing with something like 15 players returning including all the key ones: Nylander, Aho, Kylington, Lindblom, Holmström, Söderström, Forsling... etc.

Sure, that Nylander will be availeble?

cheeeko

Sep 20, 2012
Halifax, NS
It'll be interesting to see if Nylander is available for next years WJC. I wanna see him playing for the Leafs but it might be a bad idea based our team :)

Anyway, I'm hoping for a Swedish victory so I can see how Nylander fairs against the Canadians!

Go Sweden!

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
Sweden's PP - 50%

Sweden's PK - 100%

Lots of penalties and we win.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto

Hold up on Nylander. He could make the Leafs team next year..although I wouldn't mind him spending a year with the Marlies and having another dominant WJHC again. It's all about development not how fast you can make the NHL. Leafs will have a big decision with what to do with him. One thing I do know is he won't be playing in Sweden next year.

Sikhander

Feb 21, 2010
Before the WJC I would have written that a game like this clearly would be won by Russia. Now I am not sure - complete toss up in my mind.

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
What we have balance in the game against Sweden on WJC in the last years? I suspect that very negative, very.
The time to start to break it. Go, Russia.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
DraftBuzz Hockey preview.

1/4/2015

MATCH PREVIEW - SWE vs. RUS

In the quarterfinals, FIN gave SWE all they could handle and locked into a tie with them until the third period where SWE exerted it's dominance and pulled away. RUS had USA's number all game causing them to be undisciplined, which RUS capitalized on spending half the first period on the PP. SWE beat RUS 3-2 in the preliminary round, amidst an undefeated streak while RUS drew the attention of many with mixed results having fell hard in the final preliminary game vs. the soon to be Slovak ousted Czech's. All signs point to SWE winning a close match, with the outside possibility of RUS pulling off an upset with heroic goaltending and special teams play.

William Nylander, Oskar Lindblom, Adrian Kempe are three of Sweden's most dangerous forwards. Nylander is the puck carrier, who is showing to be an open ice threat though he hasn't capitalized on his chances as well as you would like. Lindblom has been a bit of an all around forward in the offensive zone putting just the right touch on shot and passes. Kempe has been the expert triggerman from the circles and lower. Defensive contributions come from Gustav Forsling's point excellence who is the 11th ranked goal scorer for both F and D, and tied for 2nd in points. Sebastian Aho has played really well without the points. Both had slightly troublesome lapses in play that helped give FIN some momentum. Playoff round means all hands on deck, and SWE has the right depth and pieces necessary to advance. Other key contributions may come from Axel 'not Alex' Holmstrom, AHL Jacob de la Rose, and Lucas Wallmark.

Vyacheslav Leshenko and Ivan Barbashev were two forward standouts from the USA match. Both crashed the net, and skated with attacking conviction. They have emitted a pro radiance all tournament. Pavel Buchnevich clocks in the top 30 scoring, and RUS will need him to be sharp, which hasn't been a consistent expectation. Buchnevich has fought drops in visibility even though he is one of the leaders with great KHL experience. Defensively, the unit has a blend of solid ingredients that lacks a bit of high end offense. Ivan Provorov is the most capable of spearheading an offensive chance, with Rushan Rafikov and Rinat Valiev being the most adept on the puck.

RUS has the clear advantage in goaltending skill, giving this deciding Gold Medal Game a great storyline of SWE high powered, remorseless offense vs. RUS ability to hold down the fort and deny SWE.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
The loosing streak ends today

Yeah, somehow Russia needs to crack their losing streak against the Swedes, and today would be a good day to do it. In a way, probability is against the Swedes. But we'll see, of course they're a tough team to play. Should be a very interesting match.

hockey4sale

Oct 19, 2014
this is very critical game, Sweden has Russia's number, most likely Sweden wins and then Canada gets gold for sure, Sweden just crumbles against the Canada for some reason, but if Russia somehow wins tonight then Canada should watch out, Russians have Canada's number and in Canada vs Russia final my bet is that Russia wins the gold this year.... Gold medal is at stake in this semi-final

I hope Refs let them play and don't make this another PP contest

ulvvf

May 9, 2014

So how often have we had 7 forwards (and that do not include JDLR) that have about 0,5 PPG in SHL, which we have this year? In the hype 2014 team, we had 2. Sure that do not include Forsberg and Lindholm that played in NHL/AHL then, so with them it would maybe have been 4, still lesser. Maybe the last year was better, but I would say that this swedish U20 team is by far the most underrated ever. Statswise it is maybe our best ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad