WJC: Semi final talk

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
As i said bef0re, Canada on big ice never works. Not suprised they choked against the czechs

USA and Czechs wins

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Czechs are better than the Swiss so just maybe I could see them taking out Sweden. Still I’d say heavy favorite to Sweden.

I hope that USA loses to Finland but it just won’t happen. Should be an easy win for them.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Crazy stat: Czechs have more gold's in the 2000s than Sweden despite Sweden being significantly better in the 2000s.

Crazy stat: Finn's and US are tied at 5 gold's each at this tourney.

Crazy stat: in the last 5 WJC in Europe... Canada has 1 medal (gold). In the last 5 tourneys in North America... Canada has 3 gold's and a silver. I will be the first to predict Canada in the finals in Ottawa next year.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
They're the only team that hasn't really shown any warts to date.
On paper they are the deepest and they have just killed it here so far. 17 goals for and 4 against in last two games.lol

Their biggest enemy is.complacency. sometimes, like last year for you, it's good to lose early and rebound. Finland this year is a good example too.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
usa beats out finland in a good game 5-3
Cze beat out mentally fragile sweden plus the refs in a 2-1 handicap match 4-3.
a canadian talking about getting help from the refs is funny.

if we win, we cheated, if we lost we choked, u people hate sweden thats the truth, always bashing us

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

if we win, we cheated, if we lost we choked, u people hate sweden thats the truth, always bashing us

Talk about short-term memory loss.

Sweden beat Canada in the round robin without any help from the refs because they played a solid game from beginning to end and were the better team.

Reactions: Czechboy

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018

its internaltion refs lol we never get help from them.. they usually give us penaltys for hitting to hard.

• Haha
Reactions: OKR and Eye of Ra

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
its internaltion refs lol we never get help from them.. they usually give us penaltys for hitting to hard.
salmonsson barely touched the latvian and got a game f0r that, all teams gets punished for those kind of hits

Canada also won the last best-on-best tournament on big ice.
yes against Sweden, we missed Backstr0m, Zetterberg and H,Sedin

ForumNamePending

Mar 31, 2012
Outside of the odd highlights I haven't watched a second of this year's tournament up to this point, but that won't stop me from offering up my predictions, and strong, yet awful, opinions...

Czechia over Sweden
USA over Finland

Finland over Sweden
USA over Czechia

I gotta think the US is the overwhelming favourite at this point.

Norway beats Germany to stay up, but not only that, they actually leave Sweden with the gold medals after robbing the Americans at the airport!

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Weird that Crosby was not on the 2oo6 team

Very weird.

The short version is that Gretzky promised all kinds of spots to players (like Bertuzzi) well in advance of the tournament instead of relying on the guys that were performing well that season (like Spezza and Crosby).

In any event, Sweden was the deserved winner.

Reactions: Dingo and Eye of Ra

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad