GDT: Semi-Final | Russia Vs Canada | 6PM | TSN/NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Big save by Askarov there, but I’m still kind surprised he’s in this game. Is the Russian backup some kind of terrible or something?

WeAre

Sep 20, 2014
Do we have to play the finals? There is No point if the reffing level is like this and every whistle favors Canada.

This tournament is big joke with canadian refs

Reactions: DarrylshutzSydor

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
How is it weak when you are directly behind a player and use your stick to whack the puck carrier's hands on a breakaway?

I mean, that's the very definition of a penalty shot.

You guys really do live in a dream world where you only see what you want to see.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
It was offside. They are changing the rule but rules are rules.

I felt it was originally off-side, hard to catch in the moment, we also didn’t see the Russian along the boards.

another thing, Russia got a lucky bounce on that goal there. So I guess it cancels out.

If it’s not offside and Russia scores on the ensuing pp and wins the game on that ? Tourigny’s career would go down on that..

Reactions: Subban signed e5

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Do we have to play the finals? There is No point if the reffing level is like this and every whistle favors Canada.

Yeah our donations to the refs are contingent on winning the Gold so tomorrow has to happen. Sorry about that.

Reactions: LFCTML

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
It's the right call. He didn't have possession of the puck legally.

It's a shit rule though, had zero bearing on the goal and play wasn't really offside by the intent of the rule. But by the letter, it's definitely offside.

I agree that the kick pass isn’t possession. But he brings his foot down and it looks like it’s a split second before. Even if it’s slightly after. It’s silly that a millimeter of a skate 30 seconds later matters.

oh well just glad the rule is over

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020

So you prefer the soft international refs who don’t let them play hockey at all?

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Clearly Cozens has been the best Canadian forward this tournament but who do you guys like for #2?

Pelletier or Newhook would be my choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad