PGT: Semi-Final | Russia Vs Canada | 6PM | TSN/NHLN | Pt 2

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
TSN illegally helped Team Canada make that call for off-side. The whole country is hell bent on destroying Russia. This is beyond sporting.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

blindpass

May 7, 2010
The Canadian refs have not been a factor at all this game. Russia is losing because they're getting horribly out played and their goaltending has been poor. So far I can't really point to any super egregious missed calls. I hate offside challenges...but the refs made the right call.
If anything the Canadian refs will be biased against Canada to avoid the accusation of bias. I'd absolutely prefer neutral refs as a Canadian fan, both for appearances and to avoid that disadvantage.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Clearly Cozens has been the best Canadian forward this tournament but who do you guys like for #2?

Pelletier or Newhook would be my choices.

Jamie Drysdale. Then Pelletier.

I mean, Pelletier might have been the better player per minute.

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
It's not a good look having canadian refs in these games. They could call a perfect game (which the arent doing) but it would still be a little iffy
They're doing a far better job than the clowns last year who kept falling for all the Russian dives.

Hiukafen

Sep 14, 2016
Canada has too many men on ice all the time but referees cannot see it cause they don’t wear red jerseys.

Reactions: BlitzSnipe

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
I was thinking could we blame Larionov for this. Not sure about that. I think whole team is not just good. Accuracy is a key in this case and still I see a lot of missed shots. Canada is really good.
There is no future for Russian hockey, since this is just a start of degradation in player talents. Corrupted coaches, officials this all dont help talented guys to develop.

They have a younger team this year. I have no doubt they will be better next tournament with all the returning players.

Reactions: CanuckCity

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
As an non Canadian that wants the USA to win this tournament, Canada is really impressive. Surprised so many here bitch about this iteration of your team. It seems like one of your better ones. Very deep. No obvious weakness or anything that sticks out in a negative way.

Reactions: CanuckCity

WeAre

Sep 20, 2014
people complaining about the refs are not watching the game. Ok complain about the refs all you want: Russia would still be down 4-0 ;)

Nobody cares. Favoring Canada is so clear that makes throw up.

Same messages are in Finnish forums also

Reactions: BlitzSnipe

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Clearly Cozens has been the best Canadian forward this tournament but who do you guys like for #2?

Pelletier or Newhook would be my choices.

Newhook.

Pelletier has been good though as well. McMichael has generally been pretty solid.

Lots of guys have been playing good hockey, seems like the guys have bought in and are playing the right way.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
The IIHF and the NHL need to get rid of challenges for offside. It is ruining the excitement for fans.

Same with UEFA and VAR.

Disagree. They should put a time limit on it (15 seconds prior to a goal?), and move to the plane, which the NHL is doing this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad