WC: Semi Final pre game talk

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Good that SWE-FIN is the later game, helps scheduling the weekend activities. Well, bad, obviously, but...

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
Guys, my vBookie betting history is 0-13, or something ridiculous like that.
To ensure we get the result I really want, I therefore placed all 50 vCash on Sweden ;)
I also promise to put the 50 vCash (which it automatically resets to) to whoever wins of Russia/Canada

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Guys, my vBookie betting history is 0-13, or something ridiculous like that.
To ensure we get the result I really want, I therefore placed all 50 vCash on Sweden ;)
I also promise to put the 50 vCash (which it automatically resets to) to whoever wins of Russia/Canada

Torilla tavataan!

My friend had 270€ bet (single, winner of game) for USA last night. He went hard core in jinxing.

Your V-cash history sounds promising for this use :D

https://www.facebook.com/yleurheilu..._type=2&app_id=2392950137&live_video_guests=0

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
I was hoping for a Canada v USA GMG, I guess a Canada v Sweden GMG will have to do. It works for me.

AussieDave27

Aug 4, 2014
Do we think these games will sell out?

I have a ticket for Sweden vs Finland but not the afternoon game, since my flight only arrives 1 hour before the puck drop. I figured if everything goes smoothly I may make it in time and possibly buy at the gate?

If not, is there a big screen outside to watch games on, or a nice hockey bar nearby?

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010

I have a ticket for Sweden vs Finland but not the afternoon game, since my flight only arrives 1 hour before the puck drop. I figured if everything goes smoothly I may make it in time and possibly buy at the gate?

If not, is there a big screen outside to watch games on, or a nice hockey bar nearby?

Lucky man, that's a classico game, at least from Finns standpoint. Perhaps you could report how is the atmosphere :)

AussieDave27

Aug 4, 2014
Lucky man, that's a classico game, at least from Finns standpoint. Perhaps you could report how is the atmosphere :)

I'm very excited. This whole trip is a gift from my friends so I'm super stoked. The Cologne games seem to have had great atmosphere, much better than Paris, although there seems to have been a fairly steep rise in the ticket prices for the semi-finals (like 100 Euros minimum) and finals...

Zamboni Parade

Mar 12, 2014
Germany

http://www.eventim.de/Tickets.html?affiliate=EHW&doc=erdetaila&fun=erdetail&erid=1540348&language=en

You can zoom in on the seating chart to check for free seats. Plenty still available as of now.

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
On paper Sweden is better, but so was the USA vs Finland and look how that went. USA went all in against Russia and lost the game after. We'll see if the case will be the same with Finland going all in against the USA and being a bit spent vs Sweden. Sweden on the other hand has not had a decent effort level so far, for good or worse (they will be rested/they can't give a damn).

Haha thats so much bull crap, we are much better rested, USA didn't even test us

On the other hand sweden was outplayed by swiss and big trouble.

Did you even watch the game.

Aho > Lindholm
Rantanen > Landeskog
Puljujärvi > Rask

So much empty hype by the swedes, So basically swedes are saying it is easy gold for them :D congrats on your disappointment, you would win much more if you would live in this world and not in some fantasy land :D :D

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Is that 95 final somewhere available to watch?

In youtube there is few probably,
heres is:

Finnish version. The commentator was known in Czech too, wasn't he? Mertaranta (who still comments announces finnish games).

I've got VHS with all highlights and full final game. :laugh:

I was yet to turn 6 when we won 95 gold, but still remember it. Bought the vhs right away when it came available

Also our National TV channel shows some of those goals regullary. Few years ago they show full game. It's like propaganda here, already.

Last edited:

Trilliann

Tier 2 fan
May 12, 2016
Below Replacement Level
Is that 95 final somewhere available to watch?

00.jpg

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
It is very easy a game to imagine without watching. Just imagine the mighty Swedes taking on the lil bro Finns at their home venue Globen, Stockholm, and the underdog Finns with a Swede head coach and the [MOD] of no championships in this competition goin to the game will beat the arrogant Swedes like it was a cake walk and [MOD], in the goal of the Swedes, namely. And Saku Koivu is the unstoppable little gyroscpe turning left and right leaving the clumsy Swede Dmen behind looking stunned and out like pylons and feeding Ville Peltonen hat trick or something, and even Juti's slap shot or wrister from the point finds it way in and the celebrations are exuberant a la way the guy only knows with his TampeRRe style and the team manages to beat the arrogant Swedes by five goals, or something in the end and the home team jubileum at Sergel Torget is cancelled and the Finns return to Finland jet fighters flying by their wings oh la laa, and the small nations goes bonkers and Koivu, Peltonen, Lehtinen (Jere) are nick named the nephwes Dewey, Huie and Louie and the win signifies a great turn in the traditional pessimistic Finnish loser's mentality and the new times are rising! Wow. Hahah!

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Haha thats so much bull crap, we are much better rested, USA didn't even test us

On the other hand sweden was outplayed by swiss and big trouble.

Aho > Lindholm
Rantanen > Landeskog
Puljujärvi > Rask

So much empty hype by the swedes, So basically swedes are saying it is easy gold for them :D congrats on your disappointment, you would win much more if you would live in this world and not in some fantasy land :D :D

Hehe, no I really did not watch the Finland game, sorry!

Keywords in my post: "We'll see if the case will be". [MOD]

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
It is very easy a game to imagine without watching. Just imagine the mighty Swedes taking on the lil bro Finns at their home venue Globen, Stockholm, and the underdog Finns with a Swede head coach and the [MOD] of no championships in this competition goin to the game will beat the arrogant Swedes like it was a cake walk and [MOD], in the goal of the Swedes, namely. And Saku Koivu is the unstoppable little gyroscpe turning left and right leaving the clumsy Swede Dmen behind looking stunned and out like pylons and feeding Ville Peltonen hat trick or something, and even Juti's slap shot or wrister from the point finds it way in and the celebrations are exuberant a la way the guy only knows with his TampeRRe style and the team manages to beat the arrogant Swedes by five goals, or something in the end and the home team jubileum at Sergel Torget is cancelled and the Finns return to Finland jet fighters flying by their wings oh la laa, and the small nations goes bonkers and Koivu, Peltonen, Lehtinen (Jere) are nick named the nephwes Dewey, Huie and Louie and the win signifies a great turn in the traditional pessimistic Finnish loser's mentality and the new times are rising! Wow. Hahah!

You just gotta have these accurate. It was a slap shot, leaning backwards like he didin't even care when he shot it. Beauty shot, a snipe. Wheel, Snipe, Celly as my text says under name.

Actually, that kind of beauties happen only every 23 years or so. Next time I saw that shot was this years EHT, I think it was Hintz from blue line, totally similar animation in the shot. I could miss that date and shooter by little, but definitely this year it happened again.

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
I think Finland and Russia have more bloody rivalries than Finns against Swedes. Sweden is like that brother who you kind of hate but against Russia this goes far deeper than hockey.

Finland has beaten Russia multiple times in Semis this decade. 2011, 2014 (olympics) and 2016. Sweden will be a tough one.

Agree.
Finland team very strong play against Russia

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
You just gotta have these accurate. It was a slap shot, leaning backwards like he didin't even care when he shot it. Beauty shot, a snipe. Wheel, Snipe, Celly as my text says under name.

Actually, that kind of beauties happen only every 23 years or so. Next time I saw that shot was this years EHT, I think it was Hintz from blue line, totally similar animation in the shot. I could miss that date and shooter by little, but definitely this year it happened again.

Thanks, QnebO, for the important clarifications and reminders, you seem to remember it even better than I. But then again, I don't have the game in my dusty VHS collections. :laugh: And now when I think about it, it was indeed a crazy weird slapper from the point, and tellingly in it went, hah. Maybe that's why I was not quite sure if it was a wrister after all...

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Tiny Myllys with his tiny pads and shaky technique... :help::laugh: If something goaltending has witnessed a radical evlution called revolution during the years coming from those golden times to the present.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden

Aho > Lindholm
Rantanen > Landeskog
Puljujärvi > Rask

King Henrik > Team Finland
lundqvistsweden.jpg

Koskenkorva > Brun0
koskenkorva-vodka_2.jpg

Last edited:

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
Since I'm always quite wrong with my predictions

I think Sweden will win easily

Canada-Russia will be a high scoring game, ending 5-5 into the OT and finally Canada wins.

KurtSloan

Apr 10, 2014
Czech Republic
In youtube there is few probably,
heres is:

Finnish version. The commentator was known in Czech too, wasn't he? Mertaranta (who still comments announces finnish games).

I've got VHS with all highlights and full final game. :laugh:

I was yet to turn 6 when we won 95 gold, but still remember it. Bought the vhs right away when it came available

Also our National TV channel shows some of those goals regullary. Few years ago they show full game. It's like propaganda here, already.

Thanks,

yeah, He made his name well known here after Olympics 2008 (I think there is even Czech song in which his commentary appears)..

Good for you, we are about the same age, but I don't remember much from our first gold medal in 96..

I grew up in the golden era of Czech hockey and I really thought we could never lose.. good childhood. :D

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
Back when Mertaranta actually was a good commentator.

He still has his flashes - particularly when Finland is not playing and he is interested in the game, then he can just comment without tricks with his high speed and wide vocabulary. Sadly, his Finland matches have mostly become routine circus performances.

AussieDave27

Aug 4, 2014
http://www.eventim.de/Tickets.html?affiliate=EHW&doc=erdetaila&fun=erdetail&erid=1540348&language=en

You can zoom in on the seating chart to check for free seats. Plenty still available as of now.

Thanks for that. It means I'll probably be able to get a ticket last minute, but it would be unfortunate if they had priced out regular fans as it's like 100 Euros minimum for any seat (and the cheaper standing room is sold out). What kind of crowds are we expecting?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad